Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WELCOME

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

That's your opinion, one not shared by me. He would score so damn slowly...oh, the awful memories! I enjoyed it when Geoff Marsh and David Boon opened together - great combination!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:13 am

Yeah thats a good point there Kristin!!!! The battle mite be over for now but the war isnt win yet!!! LOL

Long Live the mite and power of
Shane Morwood (member of 1990 team,1988 Vic rep)
Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:27 am

Thanks Assasin for the support!!!

Long Live the mite and power of
Shane Morwood (member of 1990 team,1988 Vic rep)
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:29 am

People's opinions here sure are interesting. That's the great thing about opinions, they're niether right nor wrong, they're just opinions.....so here's mine.

As regards to slips fielding, Mark Taylor was as good a 1st slip as you'll ever see.

No border never fielded slip to Warne, he was captain when Warne came into the side but Taylor fielded slip.

In regards to his batting style, I thought Tubby was ok. He was very good at knowing where his off stump was, had a very good eye. As much as you'd like to you can't have all stroke makers in a side, it's too risky. You need one or two blokes who can occupy the crease. Batting is about partnerships and it makes it easier for the stroke maker knowing he can have a crack coz he's got a guy at the other end who is gonna hang around.

As for his captaincy, Well Border had a poor side, made it into an ok side. Taylor inherited an ok side, made it into a good side. Waugh inherited a good side, made it into a great one.

No captain is better than the other. What has been good about all three of them is that they have left the side in better state than when they found it.

Fradam Wrote This

[This message has been edited by Fradam (edited 06 December 2002).]
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:36 pm

Well said, Fradam.

Opinions about Oz captains greatly interest and intrigue me.

Did the captain make the team or vice versa ?

Would The Don have been rated such a good skipper without his number 3 batsman ?

Similarly, would Tubby and Tugga (sounds like an R rated cartoon) be held in such high regard without McGrath and Warne ?

AB turned out to be a top Test and one-day leader but it was Simmo who really got that team moving, prior to us winning the World Cup.

A lot of the strategy is worked out off the field, these days. The skipper puts it into action but Tests really aren't won or lost (you could debate that re. Hussain or perhaps Gower in '89) by a captain's on field decision.

Where Stevie is GREAT is his people management. He inspires his players with complete and total belief in their abilities. Justin Langer's match-winning century in Hobart (against the Pakis) is just one example of this.

Donny.
GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: