Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WELCOME

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:42 am
Post subject: WELCOMEReply with quote

Welcome to the Cricket Board, where you can discuss all your cricket news and views to your heart's content.

I'll try not to let my peronal dislikes cloud my judgement, but I should let you all know that I am still steaming over the handling of Mark Waugh and his forced retirement.: And I therefore don't care too much for Darren Lehmann (anyway, he's too old also, Marky Mark should've been replaced by a youngster, otherwise this team is gonna be in some deep trouble in about 5 years when everyone retires at once)!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i become a moderator on this board ??

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:36 am

Sure JLC, Just ask Mike and he'll add you to the list. I was going to ask Mark Waugh to moderate but since Kristin is fighting his battles there is no need.

I thought Mark Waugh should've been kept on for the ashes where he then yould of retired with a few more hundreds under his belt. A century on debut against England and a century on retirement at the scg wouldve been nice.

Fradam Wrote This
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:58 am

this is a good idea ! well done fella's

footy ROX!
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 4:10 pm

i still reckon that he was a good enough 1 day batter! his time was mabye up for tests but i have to dis-agree with him not playing 1dayers!

anyway i have been wondering what has happened to an english play called Graham Thorpe!? he was an awesome player and wasnt on the injury list but is surely to young to retire!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME ON THIS ONE????

footy ROX!
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:40 am

Courageous Cloke, isn't Graham Thorpe the one who is having marital difficulties (I believe his wife was cheating on him) so he's taking an indefinite break from cricket to concentrate on getting his personal life back on track? I think so - but correct me if I'm wrong.

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:26 am

Yup spot on marriage difficulties as well as a bad back.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:42 am

To be married ??

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
clairebear 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:59 pm

Mark Waugh should definately have played in this Ashes series.No one else fields in slips like he does. Look how many catches were dropped giving those Poms more chances than they deserved!!. He should have only been dropped down the order, not off the team.

Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:11 am

You cant pick somone just on feilding! M.Waugh asnt made a decent test score about year from when he was droped. They gave him plenty chances to make some runs but he dident!!

So he had to be droped and give somone eles a go!!

Long Live the mite and power of
Shane Morwood (member of 1990 team,1988 Vic rep)
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:21 am

Marky Mark wouldn't have been picked just on fielding - it is his overall contribution to the team. He may not have made centuries with the bat, but he still made some decent scores (I know, not many - but it didn't affect the results...), and his fielding really does count for more than the average player's. I've noticed that the rest of the team don't seem to be as confident with their fielding as they were when Mark was alongside them - even the stupid commentators have picked up on this. Bloody hypocrites! They were more than happy to bag him constantly for the past couple of years, now as soon as they get their wish and Mark is dropped, they go on and on about how wonderful he was!!!!

Bartros Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:27 am

I understand that Mark is a great in the feild but mostly in the slips!! I am sure that there feilding will impove it will take a few matchs to found another 1st sliper to replace him!!! (But i think i am up for it ) LOL

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:33 am

A few matches? They will NEVER find another slips fieldsman as good as Marky Mark (though I guess the same was said when Border retired, and before him Chappell).

BTW, I warned you all I was biased about the Waughs, and I'll advise you now, I love Warney and Matty Hayden as well, so don't mess with me on these players or there'll be trouble!

Bartros Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:00 am

1 person you have missed out of 1st slippers is the one and only Mark "Tubby" Taylor

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:21 am

If you'll notice, I never mention Taylor. Not even in my list of commentators. I try to ignore that he exists because for some odd reason (which even I don't fully understand) I can't stand the guy. The way he looks, the way he talks, the way he chews - URGH! I could never get past all that to watch the way he played (was he any good? I really wouldn't know!). And I was pretty peeved when they overlooked Stevie and gave the captaincy to Taylor, way back when. Oh well, now I've got that off my chest...continue...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: