Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Taxing electric vehicles in Victoria

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:51 am
Post subject: Taxing electric vehicles in VictoriaReply with quote

<Split from the "What made you sad today?" thread - Pies4shaw for BBMods>

It made me sad today reading about the Victorian governments plans to tax electric vehicles out of existence here.

On current pricing and technology purchasing an electric vehicle is already not viable for most people. The charging fees were quadrupled overnight for Tesla charging stations a short time ago, now a tax per kilometer travelled is to be introduced.

It's no wonder that Hyundai made a recent decision not to introduce their full range of electric vehicles in Australia.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s not quite what that seems.

There are other offsets for owners of electric cars but because they don’t use petrol they don’t pay the fuel excise which pays for roads etc.

Swings and roundabouts I would have thought

Roads need to be maintained and built and charging those who use the road is not unreasonable.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:26 pm

^

Absolutely. Like cyclists. Razz

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:45 pm

watt price tully wrote:

There are other offsets for owners of electric cars but because they don’t use petrol they don’t pay the fuel excise which pays for roads etc.

Roads need to be maintained and built and charging those who use the road is not unreasonable.

Yes, I am aware of that, but it doesn't change the position that it's not worthwhile owning an electric vehicle even without the imposition of a new tax, unless you want to feel good pretending that you are saving the planet by driving one.

As for the cyclist comment, I am one and I pay for 3 vehicles - my own and those driven by my 18 and 20 year old sons. All of the cyclists that I know drive cars as well - a couple even have car collections.

It's those bloody pedestrians that should have the life taxed out of them.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:40 pm

Fair point, I'm paying rego for 3 cars as well. 2 mine and 1 my son.

You should be able to just pay the TAC component once across all cars and the minimal rego fee but I'd also like WPT to have to wear a licence plate on his butt while cycling to work. Cool

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:49 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Yes, I am aware of that, but it doesn't change the position that it's not worthwhile owning an electric vehicle even without the imposition of a new tax, unless you want to feel good pretending that you are saving the planet by driving one.

As for the cyclist comment, I am one and I pay for 3 vehicles - my own and those driven by my 18 and 20 year old sons. All of the cyclists that I know drive cars as well - a couple even have car collections.

It's those bloody pedestrians that should have the life taxed out of them.

The State Government is contributing $3,000 to electric vehicles under $65,000 for prospective buyers. With increased demand and increased production then one assumes the price will reduce. Given that I don’t have an issue with road users paying for road repair.

Don’t worry about Stui and bikes, he just loves it when they force him to slow down for 15 seconds.

However, as you know the friggin pedestrians in the CBD near RMIT who have their headphones on or using their mobiles while crossing the road ...... grrrrrr

We have a few cars between us (love to get rid of one). For two of us we have three (one is Mrs WPT’s business car- occasionally there are 2). Far too many.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:55 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Fair point, I'm paying rego for 3 cars as well. 2 mine and 1 my son.

You should be able to just pay the TAC component once across all cars and the minimal rego fee but I'd also like WPT to have to wear a licence plate on his butt while cycling to work. Cool

😜

even the bike rego plate would be far too big for my small and tight buns.

(I found a new way lose weight too: ....

.....I don’t particularly recommend it but a mild bout of gastro) seems to work

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:02 pm

Small tight buns? Doesn't the MCG have a couple of pairs of your undies for emergency sight screens? Razz

I have a 40 year old .22 Ramset gun designed to drive a 3 inch nail into concrete, I'm happy to help fasten that licence plate to you if you like. Cool

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Small tight buns? Doesn't the MCG have a couple of pairs of your undies for emergency sight screens? Razz

I have a 40 year old .22 Ramset gun designed to drive a 3 inch nail into concrete, I'm happy to help fasten that licence plate to you if you like. Cool

I’m a bit concerned about you Stui: you seem to have a disproportionate concern about my bum. An obsession some might say. I’ll book you in for a session with Dr Freud to see how this can be explained 😉😜

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:33 pm

I'm just worried about you.

If your behind gets any bigger it may develop it's own gravitational pull and it's theoretically possible you could be sucked into it and disappear up your own fundament. Wink Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I'm just worried about you.

If your behind gets any bigger it may develop it's own gravitational pull and it's theoretically possible you could be sucked into it and disappear up your own fundament. Wink Razz

You are proving my point. Stui’s obsession with WPT’s posterior. Each to their own. I think I should send you to Carl Jung to analyse your dreams. Let’s see Guns and my arse Shocked 😜

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: