Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Get rid of him.

Smug little %$^%$£$%.

He should play seconds for the whole of 2018 and then delist him. No one will want him in a trade.

he's had far too many chances.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:45 pm

All these perfect posters who never made a mistake or 2 in their early years Rolling Eyes
K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Jezza wrote:
"I won't let you down" - Jordan De Goey on the day he was drafted.

I worry about the direction he's heading in. ...

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2014-11-28/collingwoods-2014-national-draft

At around 2:05.

I'm not worried about where he's heading. I'm worried about where he's already arrived.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:51 pm

Skids wrote:
All these perfect posters who never made a mistake or 2 in their early years Rolling Eyes

I know I wasn't stupid enough to make the same mistakes more than once.

This guy has sh1t for brains!

K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:01 pm

K wrote:
Jezza wrote:
"I won't let you down" - Jordan De Goey on the day he was drafted. ...

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2014-11-28/collingwoods-2014-national-draft
At around 2:05.

And here's the other video:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2017-03-21/de-goey-apologises-to-members

Hey, Collingwood Media, if it's way too much hard work for you to produce any more videos, just cut out the bit from about 0:10 to 0:20 and you can just use this video over and over again! Think of it as a utility video: it can play any position at any time! Think of the time savings!
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:06 pm

I'm not condoning what DeGoey did for a moment,but didn't everyone's favourite footballer,Luke Hodge,get caught drink driving on the eve of the finals while captain of Hawthorn,and suffer no consequence for it?Given Hodge's experience and seniority at the club,i would have thought that his 'crime' was worse than DeGoey's.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:11 pm

^^^
What other clubs do with their drink-drivers (and their presidency and CEOship, and their pokies) is their own business...

For the record, Hodge record 0.068, which is much lower than 0.095.
And his "punishment" was a victory for expediency over principles. They simply could not face losing his football skills for that final.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:15 pm

I agree with other posters on here...i think he will be gone at years end unless he has a blinder of a year.

I forgot the veiled hint/threat delivered from the club via Goldsacks press conference: "he is not as fit as he could be"

Is code from the club that they knew he was either slacking off or has off field party problems again.

This drink driving issue spells real trouble if you ask me.

I don't care how talented he is...he is at a club that struggling enough at the moment as it is.... you either want a career in AFL or you don't. I get a strong feeling of the latter from this kid.

Last edited by derkd on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Still the point remains.Hodge was a very experienced player,captain of his side no less,and he got caught drink driving on the very eve of the finals.To me that is far worse than a young 21 year getting caught drink driving in the off season.^
Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:19 pm

OMFG seriously are you kidding me. I know the club can't look after their players but this is a constant occurrence that the club just don't know how to manage. Sack him pure and simple, send a clear message that f**kwits will not be tolerated anymore. It is feb FFS and about the start the season proper.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:20 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Still the point remains.Hodge was a very experienced player,captain of his side no less,and he got caught drink driving on the very eve of the finals.To me that is far worse than a young 21 year getting caught drink driving in the off season.^

Yes Hodge was done for drink driving.....he had won three flags by that point? had led the club without indecent (from what i can think of). Oh and is also one of the finest running half backs/midfielders in modern history.

Degoey has done what exactly? in the past two pre-seasons he has managed to derail himself.

I am not dismissing your point..... but really Hodge had runs on the board.....not to pardon his offence. I am talking from the point of 'how' it is that Degoey deserves another chance.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:24 pm

In the scheme of crimes this isn't a major one (and I don't condone drink driving) it's a law and he's broken it and will pay the price.
For mine this is a disturbing pattern of a young bloke who may have issues on the grog.
.0095 isn't falling over drunk but it's around 5-8 drinks in a 2hr period depending on his metabolism and what he had eaten prior.
Hoping in the car and driving is just plain stupid
He isn't the first and likely won't be the last to do something dumb but he is now borderline to be available for the first 6-10 weeks once the club hands down its own penalty.
The leaders of the club along with Maxy need to grab this boofhead by the scruff of the neck and read him the riot act.
Maybe he needs to go chat with Swanny about making mistakes as a youngster and how to repay the club and its supporters faith
K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:26 pm

doriswilgus wrote:

Hodge is not our problem. I don't think what they did or what they should have done at the time should affect what we should do now.
Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:27 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:

If you wonder why there's a culture of 'I can do what I want' with the young players (and older club officials), look no further than some of the comments on this thread

Exactly right.

You're not going to change a culture or behaviour unless you take action. Saying its ok its just drink driving for a bloke who continues to transgress is not addressing the underlying issue that at the club we have players who think its ok to do what they like and they know there are no real consequences.
If you always do what you've always done you will always get what you've always got.
Wonder if Bucks is still feeling relaxed.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:32 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
The leaders of the club along with Maxy need to grab this boofhead by the scruff of the neck and read him the riot act.
Maybe he needs to go chat with Swanny about making mistakes as a youngster and how to repay the club and its supporters faith

This smacks of desperation, but I'm wondering whether Wells can get into this kid's head. They're supposed to be good friends, and whatever one thinks about Wells's skinfolds or calf I believe he's always been a highly respectable citizen.

As for Maxy, remember the time as captain he suggested they get breathalyzers for everyone and the others shot him down? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 64 of 301   

Jump to: