Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's a midfielder playing the wrong position.
Put him on the ball tell him to win it and run forward as a support act linking up with Pendles Treloar Wells
Move Sidey to the small forward position (his best position) and tell him not to venture more than 30 from goal.
Bring Varcoe (replaces Aish) back in to play the outside mid role Sidey played as he has more line breaking speed, is a better tackler, links up better with the HBF line is a decent kick and can run nearly as well as Sidey.
Adams and JDG hunting the ball will win us more contests than it losses.
Sidey could well be the best foil to Elliott as he won't fly for marks he no chance of getting near like Faz and Blair do and can use his smarts around goal
I would like to Sidey played as a full time small forward could see him being a 35+ goal kicker each season easily.
JDG Adams Pendles Treloar Crisp Greenwood Wells Varcoe Phillips are more than enough mids and can play a variety of roles and all offer something a little different from each other and can all kick goals from the midfield
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:45 pm

bally12 wrote:
Pretty good handball from the base of the pack to Pendles for the sealer.

Agreed that was a ripper!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:48 am

Sure, but the real unobserved hard work in that play was by Crisp who took on Vickery , and the feller wearing number 11 who threw himself back into the marking contest with great courage, then impacted it again once it hit the ground. On a second watching, Blair's game was just great, utterly committed.
E 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:03 am

Mugwump wrote:
Sure, but the real unobserved hard work in that play was by Crisp who took on Vickery , and the feller wearing number 11 who threw himself back into the marking contest with great courage, then impacted it again once it hit the ground. On a second watching, Blair's game was just great, utterly committed.

anyone who questions Blair's 100% commitment and effort is either biased or a poor judge. You can question his effectiveness and his football talent, but you can never question his effort and commitment. He is a true professional and if the entire team played with his passion and effort for 4 quarters of every game then (1) Blair wouldn't make the team, and (2) we would win a LOT more games!

E 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:06 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Put him on the ball tell him to win it and run forward as a support act linking up with Pendles Treloar Wells
Move Sidey to the small forward position (his best position) and tell him not to venture more than 30 from goal.
Bring Varcoe (replaces Aish) back in to play the outside mid role Sidey played as he has more line breaking speed, is a better tackler, links up better with the HBF line is a decent kick and can run nearly as well as Sidey.
Sidey could well be the best foil to Elliott as he won't fly for marks he no chance of getting near like Faz and Blair do and can use his smarts around goal
I would like to Sidey played as a full time small forward could see him being a 35+ goal kicker each season easily.
JDG Adams Pendles Treloar Crisp Greenwood Wells Varcoe Phillips are more than enough mids and can play a variety of roles and all offer something a little different from each other and can all kick goals from the midfield

the reason i disagree with this is because Sidey's goal attack is made possible by the fact that he outruns his midfield opponents. if you play him as a permanent forward on a permanent back, he is liable to get shut down just as other small forwards get shut down. i'd continue to play him in a wing role, but encourage him to get forward of the ball more often than he does.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:16 am

E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

the reason i disagree with this is because Sidey's goal attack is made possible by the fact that he outruns his midfield opponents. if you play him as a permanent forward on a permanent back, he is liable to get shut down just as other small forwards get shut down. i'd continue to play him in a wing role, but encourage him to get forward of the ball more often than he does.
agree put sidey as a permanent small forward the other sides will piss themselves laughing. Sideys great strength is his endurance so why waste in that position
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:12 am

neil wrote:
E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

agree put sidey as a permanent small forward the other sides will piss themselves laughing. Sideys great strength is his endurance so why waste in that position

I watched the replay for the first time last night. The problem isn't our small forwards. Sidebottom won't solve anything there. Our problem is lack of height on the forward line. Even the commentators were saying it. In the third quarter all the players were doing something. Even Fasolo produced a knock on against two Hawthorn guys twice his height which produced a goal. If we keep pitting Fasolo against defenders twice his height he'll be ruined as a footballer. He's almost at that point where he should be dropped. Greenwood offered us something at F/F as well, but he's not the answer there. Just because the side won people are saying we can operate a small forward line. Well we can't. When we come up against a side who defends better than Hawthorn did and who has a midfield which can take it up to us, then it's all back to square one for us.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:09 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
neil wrote:
E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

I watched the replay for the first time last night. The problem isn't our small forwards. Sidebottom won't solve anything there. Our problem is lack of height on the forward line. Even the commentators were saying it. In the third quarter all the players were doing something. Even Fasolo produced a knock on against two Hawthorn guys twice his height which produced a goal. If we keep pitting Fasolo against defenders twice his height he'll be ruined as a footballer. He's almost at that point where he should be dropped. Greenwood offered us something at F/F as well, but he's not the answer there. Just because the side won people are saying we can operate a small forward line. Well we can't. When we come up against a side who defends better than Hawthorn did and who has a midfield which can take it up to us, then it's all back to square one for us.

For all his undoubted weaknesses, of which there are many, right now our side would be much improved if we had White in the forward line. My guess is once he's recovered from his hammy, after the bye he will return and we'll have a much better structure, with both Moore and White able to assist Grundy in the ruck. With Varcoe, White and possibly Wills to be included in our team in the 2nd half of the year, we should be a considerably better team.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
neil wrote:
E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

For all his undoubted weaknesses, of which there are many, right now our side would be much improved if we had White in the forward line. My guess is once he's recovered from his hammy, after the bye he will return and we'll have a much better structure, with both Moore and White able to assist Grundy in the ruck. With Varcoe, White and possibly Wills to be included in our team in the 2nd half of the year, we should be a considerably better team.

Absolutely R B.

There is a very simple reason why we are a better structure with White. He draws a TALL defender and then Bucks can make the choice to either play through him or draw the defender away from the play, depending on the quality of the opponent. He never arrived at Collingwood as the messiah but unlike a few other trades on our list, at least his footy hasn't gone backwards since he arrived. And let's be honest, it's hardly a plumb gig as a tall forward in this team at the moment.

If we are going to continue to play this makeshift short forward line, we had better all pray for a very wet Winter !
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:16 pm

neil wrote:
E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Putting Sidebottom forward is one of the silliest things people keep repeating on here. He is not a "small forward", he's our second-best midfielder. He's as slow as a coach, so he can't apply defensive pressure in the forward-line and he actually creates his goals with endurance running. Apart from which, proper analysis of the game shows that he turns up doing great work all over the field, all the time. A number of the scoring chains in the third and last quarters were created deep in the backline by him drawing defenders to him and then putting a handball out to advantage. He also cleans up around the backline and prevents the opposition scoring because he reads the game well and gets to the fall of the ball.

It seems to me that people tend look too much at total "disposal" numbers and get very excited when some players get over 30 with whole lot of pointless defensive handballs. A 25-disposal game from Sidebottom is typically worth a 35 or 40 disposal game from any of our other mids, except the Captain.

Seriously, playing a fit Sidebottom as a permanent forward would be nearly as stupid as playing a fit Pendlebury as a permanent half-back.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
neil wrote:
E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Putting Sidebottom forward is one of the silliest things people keep repeating on here. He is not a "small forward", he's our second-best midfielder. He's as slow as a coach, so he can't apply defensive pressure in the forward-line and he actually creates his goals with endurance running. Apart from which, proper analysis of the game shows that he turns up doing great work all over the field, all the time. A number of the scoring chains in the third and last quarters were created deep in the backline by him drawing defenders to him and then putting a handball out to advantage. He also cleans up around the backline and prevents the opposition scoring because he reads the game well and gets to the fall of the ball.

It seems to me that people tend look too much at total "disposal" numbers and get very excited when some players get over 30 with whole lot of pointless defensive handballs. A 25-disposal game from Sidebottom is typically worth a 35 or 40 disposal game from any of our other mids, except the Captain.

Seriously, playing a fit Sidebottom as a permanent forward would be nearly as stupid as playing a fit Pendlebury as a permanent half-back.

He kicked 10 goals as a small forward in the u18s grand final, which is why we drafted him.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:20 pm

I was at that U18 GF at Etihad. He played mid & half forward, even some time down back. Got 29 Possessions with those 10 snags and was everywhere. Just ran riot like he had his own footy. So no didn't just play a small forward role. Played every bloody role I remember.
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:23 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
neil wrote:
E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

He kicked 10 goals as a small forward in the u18s grand final, which is why we drafted him.

IIRC he played as a mid and wing and rotated forward a little. He basically ran his opponents into the ground and they couldn't keep up, leaving him tofree wheel in F50.
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:23 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
neil wrote:
E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

IIRC he played as a mid and wing and rotated forward a little. He basically ran his opponents into the ground and they couldn't keep up, leaving him tofree wheel in F50.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:24 pm

I'm pretty sure he kicked 3 goals in a quarter against Essendon running forward out of the back pocket, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 56 of 301   

Jump to: