Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
E wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
Big season coming up for the young man.

Will be a gun. We all know that except you who thinks he should be delisted.

I do love the way some posters worry about his form in his 2nd season yet Heeney and possibly Moore aside, who else from the 2014 draft top 20 performed better.

Actually think he's tracking very nicely. You can't colour over a disappointing second season which I think was due to his over trying and over confidence, given where he was tracking in the preseason last year and the expectations we had for him. Again performed very well in the preseason this year, then had the incident in St Kilda which put him back, then when he got back in, had a very good game against GWS, then had a disappointing game against Hawthorn. Who knows what will happen against Brisbane, but the potential is there and like Maynard, you just have to persevere with these types of players, because at some point you strike gold. De Goey is the least of our problems at the moment.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:41 pm

He looks out of sorts. He isn't holding marks, he isn't getting kicks, and he's not a shadow of the player he was in late 2016.

I present three possibilities:

(1) He is pissed off with life, with football, and especially with the club and is looking to be traded.

(2) He just hasn't managed to get his form back after injury - don't forget, he's only a youngster and youngsters don't step straight back into senior football carrying on where they left off the way 150-game players do. Just cut him a little slack and await results.

(3) He struggles to play deep forward and needs to be promoted back into the guts, which is what he's good at. In particular, he (like Fasolo) is trying to play like a KPP - flying for marks and dropping them - instead of getting front and centre like a proper small. Once Cox comes back to his proper place in the goal square and starts bringing the ball to ground, JDG will start scouting the packs and snapping truly. (Farcealolo, meanwhile, will keep trying to outmark blokes three feet taller than he is and wondering why the coach is not impressed with him.)

Which of the three do I think most likely? I'll sit on the fence and say a equal parts all three. If he can pick up 30-odd possessions and a couple of goals, he'll forget all about being pissed off and uninterested and start performing to his ability, which is enormous.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Quote:
(1) He is pissed off with life, with football, and especially with the club and is looking to be traded.

Surely, after saying he'd never let Bucks down when recruited and now saying he owes the club big time after screwing up he couldn't be contemplating walking? Could he?

That would be a pretty low act.

He played some good football last year and I'd be happy to see him remain at Collingwood for many years to come.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:11 pm

I just hope he is a bit out of sorts due to the lack of game time at AFL level and he will come good. I have always thought that he would become a true A Grader in time. This became questionable when it was obvious that he was too much of a party goer to reach the professionalism required.

I am now hoping his is doing a "Swanny" and is turning his life around after putting his football career in jeopardy.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:13 pm

Yep, I'm with Tannin on this one.

He looks a fair way from his previous best right now. That's OK in the short term but he needs to make a statement of intent ( or not ) on the field sometime before the end of this season or the club would have every right to question his commitment.

I'm not for trading him at all but potential can only take you so far.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:46 pm

Tannin wrote:
He looks out of sorts. He isn't holding marks, he isn't getting kicks, and he's not a shadow of the player he was in late 2016.

I present three possibilities:

(2) He just hasn't managed to get his form back after injury - don't forget, he's only a youngster and youngsters don't step straight back into senior football carrying on where they left off the way 150-game players do. Just cut him a little slack and await results.

(3) He struggles to play deep forward and needs to be promoted back into the guts, which is what he's good at. In particular, he (like Fasolo) is trying to play like a KPP - flying for marks and dropping them - instead of getting front and centre like a proper small. Once Cox comes back to his proper place in the goal square and starts bringing the ball to ground, JDG will start scouting the packs and snapping truly. (Farcealolo, meanwhile, will keep trying to outmark blokes three feet taller than he is and wondering why the coach is not impressed with him.)

Which of the three do I think most likely? I'll sit on the fence and say a equal parts all three. If he can pick up 30-odd possessions and a couple of goals, he'll forget all about being pissed off and uninterested and start performing to his ability, which is enormous.

or
(4) He's got a big head and thinks he is better than he is, and expects it all to fall in to place without busting his gut at training and limiting his co-curricular activities.

Imo opinion, he has the potential to be an absolute star of the game, but I'm not sure he has the right attitude to make the best of his undoubted talent. I'd be very disappointed if he didn't become a long term star of our side.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:42 pm

It's a big worry, as this is a #5 draft pick we are talking about, here, who has delivered less than most mid-20s. He looks like a bull midfielder to me, and his psychology, from a distance, is that he wants to be the centre of attention.
So put the boy in the middle for two weeks, I think, and tell him if he does not fire he goes back to deep forward or the twos. He seems to have a brain shortage, but hopefully he can turn it around.

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:20 pm

^^
Spot on. To be at his best, he needs to play 80% in the midfield. The Essendon JLT game proved this. However, it is a hard midfield to get a gig in, so he needs to have another string to his bow, which is a playing as a half forward.

There will be a game soon that we let him loose in the midfield, but in the meantime he will keep learning to play as a forward.

In the future, he will become a first choice mid, as players like Pendles and Sidey are given alternative roles.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:48 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
^^
Spot on. To be at his best, he needs to play 80% in the midfield. The Essendon JLT game proved this. However, it is a hard midfield to get a gig in, so he needs to have another string to his bow, which is a playing as a half forward.

There will be a game soon that we let him loose in the midfield, but in the meantime he will keep learning to play as a forward.

In the future, he will become a first choice mid, as players like Pendles and Sidey are given alternative roles.

Lol, a JLT game proving something? PMSL.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:52 pm

I think he's just coping a reality check that he can't (yet) crash through tackles at AFL level.

I liked a lot of what he did and the intent of what he tried to do. Kid while be a weapon.

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
^^

It proved what his best position is, which is as a bull midfielder. No more, no less. It was proven before this match, but this game was confirmation.

However, seeing your posts in this thread it wouldn't matter what anyone says about De Goey, you have made up your mind. Be prepared to be proven very wrong. I am sure Bob has been very wrong before, unlike your boast earlier in this thread, so De Goey will just be another to add to what I would suggest is a very very very long list.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:35 pm

many players after a layoff have a good first game and a quiet second
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
I just hope he is a bit out of sorts due to the lack of game time at AFL level and he will come good. I have always thought that he would become a true A Grader in time. This became questionable when it was obvious that he was too much of a party goer to reach the professionalism required.

I am now hoping his is doing a "Swanny" and is turning his life around after putting his football career in jeopardy.

Get him hooked up with a good bird. That'll fix him.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:39 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
^^

It proved what his best position is, which is as a bull midfielder. No more, no less. It was proven before this match, but this game was confirmation.

However, seeing your posts in this thread it wouldn't matter what anyone says about De Goey, you have made up your mind. Be prepared to be proven very wrong. I am sure Bob has been very wrong before, unlike your boast earlier in this thread, so De Goey will just be another to add to what I would suggest is a very very very long list.

Sadly, I'm never wrong.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:11 pm

Pretty good handball from the base of the pack to Pendles for the sealer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 55 of 301   

Jump to: