Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/iCNiH-vHUDc
Lets try and set Jordie Free!

www.facebook/the hybernators
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:47 pm
Post subject: Situation with De Goey?Reply with quote

I love this kid and reckon he could end up as good as Fyfe, but right now I'm worried about his position at Collingwood.

Like most, I assumed he would be an automatic inclusion, having missed 3 weeks thru injury and having served 3 weeks in the VFL for his poor behaviour. Now I'm not so sure, he's going to get a game. WTF? This kid is a gun.

I was first concerned when I saw that he wasn't mentioned at all amongst any of our best players in the VFL. I thought he must have had a dud game, until I read his stats - 32 disposals and 2 goals. Not good enough to be amongst our best? This is bullshit.

Now I read that today he was training with the VFL squad, not the AFL squad. Something is rotten in Denmark. I'm not happy Jan. Confused Crying or Very sad
E 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:30 am
Post subject: Re: Situation with De Goey?Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I love this kid and reckon he could end up as good as Fyfe, but right now I'm worried about his position at Collingwood.

Like most, I assumed he would be an automatic inclusion, having missed 3 weeks thru injury and having served 3 weeks in the VFL for his poor behaviour. Now I'm not so sure, he's going to get a game. WTF? This kid is a gun.

I was first concerned when I saw that he wasn't mentioned at all amongst any of our best players in the VFL. I thought he must have had a dud game, until I read his stats - 32 disposals and 2 goals. Not good enough to be amongst our best? This is bullshit.

Now I read that today he was training with the VFL squad, not the AFL squad. Something is rotten in Denmark. I'm not happy Jan. Confused Crying or Very sad

Be patient. There is a grand plan. He has 250 games head of him if he can get everything right. Just like the entire Wells "worst trade in the world" crap died down very quickly once he got on the park for round 5 and 2 weeks later is looking like pure genius, so too will the DeGoey situation sort itself out.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:54 am
Post subject: Re: Situation with De Goey?Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:

I suspect that the powers that be are looking at the bigger picture (I don't necessarily agree as I didn't with the punishment).

However the logic could be to make him understand the gravitas of his situation, that while he may say that he did wrong that he needs to take on board how much he let the coach, the team and himself down by his actions. Part of the notion of earning the respect of others.

I've stated before including after seeing the second half of the Sandy match (finally a game located on my side of town) he ought to be selected this week.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:01 am

With Varcoes injury, it makes his opportunity even bigger.

We dont have another Varcoe-type ready to step in, but DeGoey would just about have to be an automatic inclusion Vs Carlton.

Will look forward to the team sheet in 24 hours.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:17 am

Last week Bucks stated in one of his press conferences that de Goey needed to improve his VFL performance to get back into the side.

This week the coach praised his performance but apparently had him train with the VFL squad.

I get the feeling Buckley is intentionally trying to make Jordan feel a little uneasy about his position in the side and make him realise games just wont be handed to him because of his promise alone and that ultimately playing AFL is a privilege and he wants him to think about how his actions could place that potentially in danger and that to be a successful player most need to make sacrifices off the field in order to achieve it.

He might continue with his life lesson this week again and play in the VFL or he may just make him sweat for a couple of extra days and at our next training session include him with the senior group.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:44 am

I guess I just don't like playing mind games. It's obvious he was one of our best in the VFL with 32 disposals and 2 goals, so don't be childish and pretend he wasn't. It's unedifying.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:45 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I guess I just don't like playing mind games. It's obvious he was one of our best in the VFL with 32 disposals and 2 goals, so don't be childish and pretend he wasn't. It's unedifying.

absolutely correct.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:45 am

RudeBoy wrote:

absolutely correct.

mattys123 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:47 am

RudeBoy wrote:

That's the problem I had too.

I stood there and wathced the VFL game, and if it wasn't for absolute terrible goal kicking from the forwards, Jordan De Goey wins us that VFL match.

He started slowly but was on fire after half time along with Wills and Blair, yet they didn't even name him in the best players.

That's a slap in the face to the kid sorry. He worked his arse off, even to the point of coming off after a heavy knock to the leg (slight corky, walk it off according to the doctor on the bench).

Reward the kid now, his suspension is over, he performed above expectations in the VFL.

He simply must play against Carlton unless that corky is more serious then first thought.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:49 am

thompsoc wrote:
[quote="RudeBoy"]I guess I just don't like playing mind games. It's obvious he was one of our best in the VFL with 32 disposals and 2 goals, so don't be childish and pretend he wasn't. It's unedifying.[/quote]
absolutely correct.
When was this exactly?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:50 am

Swoops on the money.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:35 am

There is nothing new about VFL "genuine " best players not being mentioned on official press releases. It's been going on for years, sometimes for a " strategic " reason and occasionally by accident. I really doubt if it's about the club choosing not to acknowledge his efforts, that doesn't make sense.

I'm quite happy for him to sit out for another week or two anyway, as this really is about the big picture. I think it's important that Degoey realises that he needs Collingwoood more than the club revolves around him ( particularly if he is a big head ).
Whatever happens, there will have been a lot of collective thought put into the decision of where he plays this week.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:10 am

Pies2016 wrote:

I'm quite happy for him to sit out for another week or two anyway, as this really is about the big picture. I think it's important that Degoey realises that he needs Collingwoood more than the club revolves around him ( particularly if he is a big head ).

I can tell you now that he would be snapped up in a heart beat by any number of clubs if he decided to walk.
Most footballers have no loyalty and why would they.
It is a job.
So piss him off and he may just decide to go suck on the dummy somewhere else.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:52 am

First of all the vfl bests are pretty much a chook raffle and often don't reflect the view of people like MagpieBat. We should all remember that.

Secondly after i posted in this thread I went on to read an article on de Goey on afl.com and Buckley stated he's been whipped enough for his actions so no need for some over the top reactions.

While de Goey has heaps of upside let's not forget he had a pretty average year last season with the main highlight being the amount of games he was selected for.

He still has a fair way to go and I'm confident we'll beat Carlton with or without him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 53 of 301   

Jump to: