Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkOSuv wrote:
Picking up on trivial spelling mistakes is a sure sign you are unable to prosecute your contention. Deflection 101.

Isn't that what you do for a living? Do you not work as a leader of children? Teaching them correct spelling and proof reading....amongst many other things?

So while we're on the subject of teaching and lessons, isn't there a famous story about a boy who cried wolf?
Do we believe him or not?
If we believe him, but it's bullshit, all that remains is his bullshit. Unless we are so frail as to blame ourselves. If we do, it's borne from the embarrassment of being duped. Leaders don't take that path. They are comfortable with making mistakes.
If we don't believe, and it's true, everyone gets eaten.
I know the inherent lesson is more for the boy than the listener (leader), but as Guru Bob says, "I'm sure there's something in that for everyone."

I think it's weird that you started your time on here with a blinkered agenda to turn this JDG stuff up into a thing about Buckley.

Anything else you'd like to talk about other than Nathan Buckley's assumed deficiencies?

Y'know? Establish a broader first impression??

Finally, on Bucks' moment of enlightenment around delegation, I respect leaders who can self reflect and realise they need to change.

GO WOODS!!

MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:26 am

Fatui Attata wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
Picking up on trivial spelling mistakes is a sure sign you are unable to prosecute your contention. Deflection 101.

Isn't that what you do for a living? Do you not work as a leader of children? Teaching them correct spelling and proof reading....amongst many other things?

So while we're on the subject of teaching and lessons, isn't there a famous story about a boy who cried wolf?
If we believe him, but it's bullshit, all that remains is his bullshit. Unless we are so frail as to blame ourselves. If we do, it's borne from the embarrassment of being duped. Leaders don't take that path. They are comfortable with making mistakes.
I know the inherent lesson is more for the boy than the listener (leader), but as Guru Bob says, "I'm sure there's something in that for everyone."

I think it's weird that you started your time on here with a blinkered agenda to turn this JDG stuff up into a thing about Buckley.

Anything else you'd like to talk about other than Nathan Buckley's assumed deficiencies?

Finally, on Bucks' moment of enlightenment around delegation, I respect leaders who can self reflect and realise they need to change.

GO WOODS!!

As I said, the fact that you can't play the ball and can only go the man, highlights you are unable to prosecute your case. Whatever it is.

I noticed you mentioned Sydney's no dickhead policy as a sign of clubs being made of perfect footballers offield. When the Hannebery example was shown, you completely ignored it as you had been shown up.
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:52 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:

GO WOODS!!

As I said, the fact that you can't play the ball and can only go the man, highlights you are unable to prosecute your case. Whatever it is.

I noticed you mentioned Sydney's no dickhead policy as a sign of clubs being made of perfect footballers offield. When the Hannebery example was shown, you completely ignored it as you had been shown up.

I addressed a number of points around leadership and Buckley and this JDG issue.

I don't see you replying to any of my points.

As far as Sydney is concerned, they've proven that despite the No Dickheads policy never being fool proof, it's high on their agenda. Players aren't robots. I think that is what you're accusing Buckley of doing. I think he, like any other leader, realises that player behaviour and relationships are linked, and is happy to sacrifice a few bad apples for the greater good of the team. I also think he gives them guidance and support to help them mature.

I support him as Coach of our great club. And yeah, it is probably blind support, but aren't we all running blind on this? Or are we privy to the intricate workings of the inner sanctum and have hard evidence?

I trust the club to manage things well, and believe they have.

MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:

GO WOODS!!

I addressed a number of points around leadership and Buckley and this JDG issue.

As far as Sydney is concerned, they've proven that despite the No Dickheads policy never being fool proof, it's high on their agenda. Players aren't robots. I think that is what you're accusing Buckley of doing. I think he, like any other leader, realises that player behaviour and relationships are linked, and is happy to sacrifice a few bad apples for the greater good of the team. I also think he gives them guidance and support to help them mature.

I support him as Coach of our great club. And yeah, it is probably blind support, but aren't we all running blind on this? Or are we privy to the intricate workings of the inner sanctum and have hard evidence?

If Sydney had a No Dickhead policy, they would have never recruited Talia from the Bulldogs. A player who was heavily implicatied in giving over insider information to opposition players and who was busted doing cocaine last year. The same can be said for Nick Davis and numerous other players, because AFL players are out of mind and sight in Sydney, the notion that they have such a policy is a myth. Anyone who believes it doesn't know much about the sport.

Having blind support of a coach because he is a great is fraught with danger. Ask Essendon supporters how their blind support of James Hird worked out.

There have been example after example in a public setting that suggest things aren't working at the club and the coach. You don't have to be in the inner scantum to deduce that.
collingwoodfan Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Jezza wrote:
Cam wrote:
And regarding the top 8 whilst not being 100% set... you need to be 4-4 or better at round 8 otherwise I think there have been very very few with less than that in the last 17 years [Richmond were 2-6 in 2014] to make it.

Teams who had won three matches out of the first eight and then went on to make the finals in the last 17 years are as follow:

Western Bulldogs (2000) = 3-5 (Elimination Final)
Brisbane (2000) = 3-5 (Semi Final)
Sydney (2001) = 3-5 (Elimination Final)
Sydney (2004) = 3-5 (Semi Final)
West Coast (2004) = 3-5 (Elimination Final)
Port Adelaide (2005) = 2-1-5 (Semi Final)
Collingwood (2009) = 3-5 (Preliminary Final)
Adelaide (2009) = 3-5 (Semi Final)
Hawthorn (2010) = 2-6 (Elimination Final)
St.Kilda (2011) = 2-1-5 (Elimination Final)
North Melbourne (2012) = 3-5 (Elimination Final)
Richmond (2014) = 2-6 (Elimination Final)

Collingwood 2009 stands out like a sore thumb, kick away from a granny against a depleted port side, ahh well
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:45 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:

GO WOODS!!

If Sydney had a No Dickhead policy, they would have never recruited Talia from the Bulldogs. A player who was heavily implicatied in giving over insider information to opposition players and who was busted doing cocaine last year. The same can be said for Nick Davis and numerous other players, because AFL players are out of mind and sight in Sydney, the notion that they have such a policy is a myth. Anyone who believes it doesn't know much about the sport.

Having blind support of a coach because he is a great is fraught with danger. Ask Essendon supporters how their blind support of James Hird worked out.

There have been example after example in a public setting that suggest things aren't working at the club and the coach. You don't have to be in the inner scantum to deduce that.

List them for me "He Who Knows All"....FACTS!!!

Didn't I say the No Dickhead Policy was not fool proof? Thanks for your supportive evidence.

It's also a process, not a screening method. If you are recruited and live up to the Bloods Values, you're kept. A bit like how we persevered with Heath Shaw and supported him but he remained a dickhead and was let go for the benefit of the team. He's still a dickhead at GWS, but they haven't been worn out by it like we were, and with the end not too far away, they probably won't be. Great player, but quite a toxic presence about him.

Essendon hierarchy failed the club by not acting on James Hird's program. Do you really think the Collingwood hierarchy is doing an actual similar thing? So, what sort of evidence do you have to draw the conclusion that Buckley is doing something as grand scale as Hird did?

Your evidence thus far has been 'clutching at straws' at best. You know how whingers search for evidence to support their whinge? They put on whinger hearing aids and goggles so they can only see stuff that supports their whinge. That's you right now my friend. Nothing else counts, and hasn't since you joined here.

That really sets off my bullshit detector.

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Oh and if you think it's easier to hide a dickhead outside Melbourne, Brendon Fevola sends his love!

Deluded

MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:

GO WOODS!!

List them for me "He Who Knows All"....FACTS!!!

Didn't I say the No Dickhead Policy was not fool proof? Thanks for your supportive evidence.

It's also a process, not a screening method. If you are recruited and live up to the Bloods Values, you're kept. A bit like how we persevered with Heath Shaw and supported him but he remained a dickhead and was let go for the benefit of the team. He's still a dickhead at GWS, but they haven't been worn out by it like we were, and with the end not too far away, they probably won't be. Great player, but quite a toxic presence about him.

Essendon hierarchy failed the club by not acting on James Hird's program. Do you really think the Collingwood hierarchy is doing an actual similar thing? So, what sort of evidence do you have to draw the conclusion that Buckley is doing something as grand scale as Hird did?

Your evidence thus far has been 'clutching at straws' at best. You know how whingers search for evidence to support their whinge? They put on whinger hearing aids and goggles so they can only see stuff that supports their whinge. That's you right now my friend. Nothing else counts, and hasn't since you joined here.

That really sets off my bullshit detector.

The No Dickhead Policy is a myth. It never existed and only someone who has little background on their recruiting and what actually goes on in Sydney would use it in a contention.

A dickhead like Barry Hall was appointed their captain. A player who got suspended every second week and who was a common thug. A player who nearly king hit an opposition player on the field and has as much trouble off it than on it. What does it say for this mythical policy you are pinning for that a person entrusted with leadership was a common thug?

The only clutching at straws going on is by you who is picking up on trivial spelling mistakes.

And the Hird analogy went completely over your head. You said you have a blind faith in Buckley because he was a club great. That is quite alarming in itself and means you are unable to show any objective balance when discussing his shortcomings. A bit like Essendon supporters who refused to question Hird because he was a club great when there needed to be some neutrality and impartial thought processes.
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Go back and find where I said "I have blind faith in Buckley because he was a club great". All the proof I need that you only hear what you wanna hear, and you'll fantasise something up if you don't hear it.

Barry Hall was a thug, in your words. CORRECT!! Take a bow genius. Dickhead is spelt differently and you still confuse them. That spelling thing again!

Shouldn't you be in class?

MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Fatui Attata wrote:
Go back and find where I said "I have blind faith in Buckley because he was a club great".

To quote your own quote.

Quote:
I support him as Coach of our great club. And yeah, it is probably blind support

Quote:

All the proof I need that you only hear what you wanna hear, and you'll fantasise something up if you don't hear it.

You said you have blind support in the coach because he is a club great.

Quote:

Barry Hall was a thug, in your words. CORRECT!! Take a bow genius. Dickhead is spelt differently and you still confuse them. That spelling thing again!

A dickhead is someone that has no discipline on and offield and king hits players and patrons in bars. Guess what Rocket, being a thug with no disicipline and a dickhead aren't mutually exclusive going ons. Seriously mate, I've encountered better rebuttal from second graders.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:27 pm

double sorry mods

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Last edited by September Zeros on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:35 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
Go back and find where I said "I have blind faith in Buckley because he was a club great".

To quote your own quote.

Quote:
I support him as Coach of our great club. And yeah, it is probably blind support

Actually he didn't say that- the full context of what he said was:

Fatui Attata wrote:

I support him as Coach of our great club. And yeah, it is probably blind support, but aren't we all running blind on this? Or are we privy to the intricate workings of the inner sanctum and have hard evidence? .

Taken in context - none of us are privy to the inner sanctum. In one interpretation- We are all forced to put a little faith in the coach....thus relatively / probably blind support.

I agree.

I also agree the basic premise of this topic has naught to do with Buckley- to quote / repeat myself
September Zeros wrote:
It's interesting that this thread has gone from a player getting into a fight , breaking his hand, lying to the club before bizarrely progressing to being about Buckley the robot. Agenda pushing much.

Keep drawing those long bows.

Just know that if Buckley is or isn't a robot, if he didn't believe degoeys story or if he did, if he didn't insist on good culture or if he did , if he micro managed too much or if he didn't ..... if Buckley is or isn't all the things we like to think - DeGoey would still miss a month of footy because of what DeGoey did to DeGoey.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:06 pm

September Zeros wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:

To quote your own quote.

Quote:

Actually he didn't say that- the full context of what he said was:

Fatui Attata wrote:

I support him as Coach of our great club. And yeah, it is probably blind support, but aren't we all running blind on this? Or are we privy to the intricate workings of the inner sanctum and have hard evidence? .

Taken in context - none of us are privy to the inner sanctum. In one interpretation- We are all forced to put a little faith in the coach....thus relatively / probably blind support.

I agree.

I also agree the basic premise of this topic has naught to do with Buckley- to quote / repeat myself
September Zeros wrote:
It's interesting that this thread has gone from a player getting into a fight , breaking his hand, lying to the club before bizarrely progressing to being about Buckley the robot. Agenda pushing much.

Keep drawing those long bows.

Just know that if Buckley is or isn't a robot, if he didn't believe degoeys story or if he did, if he didn't insist on good culture or if he did , if he micro managed too much or if he didn't ..... if Buckley is or isn't all the things we like to think - DeGoey would still miss a month of footy because of what DeGoey did to DeGoey.

Being a teacher who can't spell is one thing, but ....Do you do reader every night? Do the words float around and reform themselves the way you like?

Thanks Zeros and I fully get your drift on this being purely about De Goey.

Agree.

Mark"Oh!"Suv....go find your comrade Buckley haters. They'll agree with you. Or learn to read, spell and join us in our support of this great Club with an open mind and not such a pathetically thinly veiled agenda.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:30 pm

collingwoodfan wrote:
Collingwood 2009 stands out like a sore thumb, kick away from a granny against a depleted port side, ahh well

You're thinking of Collingwood 2007.

Had we won our Preliminary Final match in 2009, we would have played St.Kilda in the Grand Final.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Disappointed that De Goey lied to the club initially. I would have been surprised if the majority of people believed his made up story about the dog, so I wasn't surprised it turned out to be false.

I think the punishment is appropriate and I hope Jordan realises that he needs to start knuckling down and repaying the club in spades especially with the faith we placed on him at selecting him at pick 5 in the 2014 draft. After all, he promised to Bucks on draft night that he wouldn't let him down so he needs to live up to that mantra now.

Here's hoping he turns the corner and realises that he cannot take his football career for granted and continue to coast along as he only shows glimpses along the way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 50 of 301   

Jump to: