Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^ yes, Fatui Attata, and when a schoolteacher writes that Buckley has "empathy devoid of compassion" it says a lot about the state of modern education.

So he's a PE teacher? Razz Wink

Practically Educated ?

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:16 pm

Mugwump wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^ yes, Fatui Attata, and when a schoolteacher writes that Buckley has "empathy devoid of compassion" it says a lot about the state of modern education.

So he's a PE teacher? Razz Wink

Practically Educated ?

Performance Enhanced

MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Picking up on trivial spelling mistakes is a sure sign you are unable to prosecute your contention. Deflection 101.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:45 pm

Cam wrote:
And regarding the top 8 whilst not being 100% set... you need to be 4-4 or better at round 8 otherwise I think there have been very very few with less than that in the last 17 years [Richmond were 2-6 in 2014] to make it.

Teams who had won three matches out of the first eight and then went on to make the finals in the last 17 years are as follow:

Western Bulldogs (2000) = 3-5 (Elimination Final)
Brisbane (2000) = 3-5 (Semi Final)
Sydney (2001) = 3-5 (Elimination Final)
Sydney (2004) = 3-5 (Semi Final)
West Coast (2004) = 3-5 (Elimination Final)
Port Adelaide (2005) = 2-1-5 (Semi Final)
Collingwood (2009) = 3-5 (Preliminary Final)
Adelaide (2009) = 3-5 (Semi Final)
Hawthorn (2010) = 2-6 (Elimination Final)
St.Kilda (2011) = 2-1-5 (Elimination Final)
North Melbourne (2012) = 3-5 (Elimination Final)
Richmond (2014) = 2-6 (Elimination Final)

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:28 am

Jezza wrote:
Cam wrote:
And regarding the top 8 whilst not being 100% set... you need to be 4-4 or better at round 8 otherwise I think there have been very very few with less than that in the last 17 years [Richmond were 2-6 in 2014] to make it.

Teams who had won three matches out of the first eight and then went on to make the finals in the last 17 years are as follow:

Western Bulldogs (2000) = 3-5 (Elimination Final)
Brisbane (2000) = 3-5 (Semi Final)
Sydney (2001) = 3-5 (Elimination Final)
Sydney (2004) = 3-5 (Semi Final)
West Coast (2004) = 3-5 (Elimination Final)
Port Adelaide (2005) = 2-1-5 (Semi Final)
Collingwood (2009) = 3-5 (Preliminary Final)
Adelaide (2009) = 3-5 (Semi Final)
Hawthorn (2010) = 2-6 (Elimination Final)
St.Kilda (2011) = 2-1-5 (Elimination Final)
North Melbourne (2012) = 3-5 (Elimination Final)
Richmond (2014) = 2-6 (Elimination Final)

Interesting ....a lot of them limping over the line into an elimination final though.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:53 am

As I posted earlier, he has the remainder of the season to redeem himself.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:08 am

agree. give the kid a break.

guys like Didak, Swan, Dustin Martin, Stevie J, to name just a few are examples of players who turned around stupid tendencies to become great players.

The good news is that intellect and common sense don't seem to be pre requisites to becoming an elite player.

They never have.

Its annoying that his knuckle broke, but i'd be surprised whether any of us would care if we found out that De Goey snotted a dickhead in a bar on his birthday while he was enjoying a few pink lemonades with his buddies (except for the fact that his knuckle broke).

This will be the making of the man and the team and the pies should win the flag from here.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:15 am

E wrote:

guys like Didak, Swan, Dustin Martin, Stevie J, to name just a few are examples of players who turned around stupid tendencies to become great players.

The good news is that intellect and common sense don't seem to be pre requisites to becoming an elite player.

They never have.

Its annoying that his knuckle broke, but i'd be surprised whether any of us would care if we found out that De Goey snotted a dickhead in a bar on his birthday while he was enjoying a few pink lemonades with his buddies (except for the fact that his knuckle broke).

This will be the making of the man and the team and the pies should win the flag from here.

Luke Hodge, much older and far more experienced, has stuffed up, drink driving, and that's worse in my opinion. De goey will take this lesson and learn from it, as a man does, hes still young, and can turn it all around now, and I reckon he can and will. This will be the making of him, and that is my final comment, the season now starts, lets put this saga to bed now. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:05 am

E wrote:

They never have.

How do you know the person he snotted was a dickhead?

de Goey might be the dickhead.

If it was in self defence you can be sure the club would have been singing it from the roof tops by now.

Oh and it's more than annoying it's down right unprofessional and stupid to do such a thing a week before a season starts in a season Buckley is coaching for his career.

And to do it one year after all the distractions prior to our round 1 disaster last season really sticks in my craw.

He better have one hell of a season when he returns as he owes the club and coach massively.

Time to grow up Jordan and ditch your friends if there a bunch of tossers.

Oh and it's about time people realise that when you choose to punch someone it might only be luck that divides you from someone labelled a one punch killer.

I'm sure like Jordan not everyone of those individuals have a long criminal past and weren't intending serious injury.

End rant.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:07 am

swoop42 wrote:
E wrote:

They never have.

If it was in self defence you can be sure the club would have been singing it from the roof tops by now.

Oh and it's more than annoying it's down right unprofessional and stupid to do such a thing a week before a season starts in a season Buckley is coaching for his career.

And to do it one year after all the distractions prior to our round 1 disaster last season really sticks in my craw.

He better have one hell of a season when he returns as he owes the club and coach massively.

Oh and it's about time people realise that when you choose to punch someone it might only be luck that divides you from someone labelled a one punch killer.

I'm sure like Jordan not everyone of those individuals have a long criminal past and weren't intending serious injury.

End rant.

Swoop, be honest. Were you the guy he snotted?

Seriously though, how many bar fights have you been in where the other guy wasn't a complete dickhead. Only complete dickheads get in bar fights.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:15 am

I think it's more the lying to the club that hurts.

Let's hope its a massive lesson to him. He still might do the odd stupid thing but he must redeem the integrity and trust in the playing group.

Boyd did went through it last year then had a massive finals series.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:22 am

Ah yes.The righteous Minority have spoken.The sage advice has been dispensed.Do as I say not as I do or HAVE done. Of course none of you here that are so high and mighty in your condemnation have never done a thing wrong !!!EVER. Never lied, never tried to hide the truth.All saints the lot of you.We never hear the chest beating over such luminary drug users and car crashers as the big buddy boy.You could always find a way to forgive him.Yes he lied to the club and he is now paying the price.For those who want him delisted you are nothing but fools.It may or may not be the "Making" of him and it may well be that it is ,indeed, the beginning of the end for him at Collingwood,but in the mean time ,get off the kids back and let him serve his time, which I 'm sure will be at the very least 8 games with the hope ,for him at least, that no one makes his spot their own and he doesn't make it back at all.I'm sure he is bleeding badly.He is ridiculed in every sporting outlet that can only be levelled at a Collingwood player and yet the attack dogs at Collingwood are leading the charge of the mangy pack. Get over boys and girls.He stuffed up and will serve his time for his horrendous crime.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:33 am

E wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
E wrote:

They never have.

End rant.

Swoop, be honest. Were you the guy he snotted?

Seriously though, how many bar fights have you been in where the other guy wasn't a complete dickhead. Only complete dickheads get in bar fights.

I've never hit anyone in my life.

Not all of us are dickheads. Wink

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:41 am

mudlark wrote:
Ah yes.The righteous Minority have spoken.The sage advice has been dispensed.Do as I say not as I do or HAVE done. Of course none of you here that are so high and mighty in your condemnation have never done a thing wrong !!!EVER. Never lied, never tried to hide the truth.All saints the lot of you.We never hear the chest beating over such luminary drug users and car crashers as the big buddy boy.You could always find a way to forgive him.Yes he lied to the club and he is now paying the price.For those who want him delisted you are nothing but fools.It may or may not be the "Making" of him and it may well be that it is ,indeed, the beginning of the end for him at Collingwood,but in the mean time ,get off the kids back and let him serve his time, which I 'm sure will be at the very least 8 games with the hope ,for him at least, that no one makes his spot their own and he doesn't make it back at all.I'm sure he is bleeding badly.He is ridiculed in every sporting outlet that can only be levelled at a Collingwood player and yet the attack dogs at Collingwood are leading the charge of the mangy pack. Get over boys and girls.He stuffed up and will serve his time for his horrendous crime.

I don't think many if any are calling for him to be delisted or traded at years end.

He'll be forgiven if he knuckles down and plays career best football when he returns but rightfully people are very angry that one of our best young talents will miss the first 6 to 7 rounds of the season and all because of his own stupid and selfish actions.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:43 am

I could but let's get back to that later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 49 of 301   

Jump to: