Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
Not sure why Buckley started JDG as the sub, but we are paying the penalty now.

I'm sure you're quite pleased with the very clever play on our coach's name, but how about doing the rest of us a favour and keeping it to yourself.

Some of us consider his contribution to Collingwood deserving of more than a little respect.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:37 am

Stinger wrote:
piedys wrote:

Changed the game when he came on for Frost off with concussion. Then when subbed on made an impact at every contest moving the ball forward. Would love to see him keep 35! (although I say that every year).

The stupidity of this comment can best be summed up by letting you in on how many possession DeGoey had during the period that he subbed in for Frost (a period of 20 minutes). Given the above comment, what do you all think the answer is? 10? 8? maybe 5 quality touches.

Would you believe he had ZERO possessions during his 20 minute period. He also had zero tackles! In fact, he didn't impact a stat sheet during the entire 20 minute period.

People believe what they want to believe.......

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:31 am

He fumbles.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:09 am

E wrote:
Stinger wrote:
piedys wrote:

Changed the game when he came on for Frost off with concussion. Then when subbed on made an impact at every contest moving the ball forward. Would love to see him keep 35! (although I say that every year).

The stupidity of this comment can best be summed up by letting you in on how many possession DeGoey had during the period that he subbed in for Frost (a period of 20 minutes). Given the above comment, what do you all think the answer is? 10? 8? maybe 5 quality touches.

Would you believe he had ZERO possessions during his 20 minute period. He also had zero tackles! In fact, he didn't impact a stat sheet during the entire 20 minute period.

People believe what they want to believe…....

De Goey had 16 touches and 5 tackles with one goal in a low scoring affair. Pretty good contribution i believe from a sub. I would have had him starting ahead of Moore anyway - especially on a slippery wet night suited to inside players and runners.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:10 am

thompsoc wrote:
He fumbles.

Is that what your misses says… ? Embarassed

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:03 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
De Goey had 16 touches and 5 tackles with one goal in a low scoring affair. Pretty good contribution i believe from a sub. I would have had him starting ahead of Moore anyway - especially on a slippery wet night suited to inside players and runners.

Completely agree with this!

His stats for someone starting as the sub was impressive and indeed having him start on a wet night would have been ideal rather than having him as the sub. Simply Bucks made an error in having one extra tall for this game especially as a result of Marley's absence which was beyond his control however.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:35 pm

For those critical of us using De Goey as the sub last night, it's worth considering that the medicos/fitness staff may have identified in blood tests that his body was a little fatigued from so many consecutive senior games. This is most common with new players, until their bodies become accustomed to the rigours and routine of senior footy. I guess all I'm saying is that there are often a host of reasons for selection decisions, other than simply football form. One thing's for sure, he won't be the sub next week.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:31 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
He fumbles.

Is that what your misses says… ? Embarassed

That is funny!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:39 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
For those critical of us using De Goey as the sub last night, it's worth considering that the medicos/fitness staff may have identified in blood tests that his body was a little fatigued from so many consecutive senior games. This is most common with new players, until their bodies become accustomed to the rigours and routine of senior footy. I guess all I'm saying is that there are often a host of reasons for selection decisions, other than simply football form. One thing's for sure, he won't be the sub next week.

When you think about it, Blair was subbed last week against so had to play this week. Therefore the choice for sub this week was between De Goey and Fasolo and Fasolo was needed in the forward line, so therefore De Goey was the logical one to be subbed this week. Personally, I wouldn't be playing Blair, but the coaching staff obviously see more in Blair than I do, so having made that choice they need to go with it.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:41 pm

E wrote:
Stinger wrote:
piedys wrote:

People believe what they want to believe.......

Oh, do stop polluting the debate with factual trivia...! Wink

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:44 pm

It's not even correct - I think he did have a stat (one "free against").
Prynny_22 Sagittarius

Out of Nicks BB Retirement

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Rising Star for Round 20!!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:57 pm
Post subject: De Goey RD20 Rising Star NominationReply with quote

Very Well Deserved. He will be a Gun Mid for the Pies.

Moore to make it Back to Back ones next Round

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:38 pm

Degoey and crisp for Beams. I'll take that trade every day of the week
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:39 pm

Quote:
De Goey was lucky enough to have his named called out by the Magpies at number five, only to hear his Oakleigh Chargers teammate Darcy Moore picked under the father-son rule four picks later.

The best mates have shared every step of the first stage of their AFL careers, and De Goey is proud to watch his former teammate grow.

“To be able to move from Oakleigh to Collingwood with him is even better and to see him doing well is the best part about it,” De Goey said.

However with a cheeky smile on his face, De Goey says he wants to be the first person to remind Moore who won a Rising Star nomination first.

“I haven’t actually told him yet so I might have to get into his ear about it.”

That Made me Laugh

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-08-17/de-goeys-moment-arrives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 11 of 301   

Jump to: