Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Collingwood Rant is now up!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpies035 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Rant guys.
I’ve have been thinking exactly the same about the McGuire & Buckley decade.
While Eddie is in charge he will never sack Buckley and Eddie himself needs to go . Change the constitution so we do t have a president in charge for over 20 years.
We are living ground hog day at Collingwood and nothing ever changes. We are not successful at all and we believe our own hype.
From the President down to the players we are not ruthless enough. The aim is to win premierships it to see how many teams we can carry the black and white jumper.
Other teams are passing by a s by and we lack a clear plan and direction

I wish someone would challenge the board and presidency

It’s so frustrating to watch others pass us by as we seem to struggle and not Meg forward with a clear Vision in mind.

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:53 pm

Cheers, Magpie035.

There is also this article on The Roar that poses some questions for Collingwood.
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:13 am

very informative Sly, I agree with the rant! I will add, in some ways it is 2021 or rebuild i don't think it would be a three year rebuild one to two years would do it.

I think Bucks knows (and the club has eluded as much) that if 2021 does not work he and probably (hopefully) Eddie are gone. Bucks is also aware that the list as of the Geelong game was simply not working and if kept for 2021 would result in only a greater slide down the ladder.

So Bucks is trying to rip up the list (in a manner of speaking) and going for broke, to see if some form of a shake up might result in upward ladder movement. This plan has clearly been hampered by the fact that the TPP has nuclear reactor meltdown lights and sirens blasting.

So if Bucks is going all out for 2021...go all out! (it is his job after all). Get McDonald from Melbourne send him to Full Back. As Matthew Rendell has said, send Moore forward. not talking for five minutes when the game is shot. Give Moore multiple weeks up there. See if having a viable forward target helps with midfield/forward cohesion. It is an option that won't cost anything as he is already on the list.

What is the worst that happens? A new coach comes in and hits the reset button on the list anyway.

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:28 pm

Hey, Derkd.

When Buckley came to the club in 1994 as a player, he felt much of the list was satiated by the 1990 success. Craig Kelly suggested they should've traded judiciously while players had value to rejuvenate the list. (All this is in Buckley's autobiography.)

I have no doubt this experience motivated Buckley's list refurbishment in 2014-onwards. And now they're doing it again.

My issue is they've let the list become a mess due to poor management. That's not exclusively Buckley's issue.

I have no issue with anybody being traded. But the way they've handled Treloar has been deplorable, and could potentially demoralise the playing list.
KickTruly Leo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:38 am

Just saw the goal by Mark Keane, a beauty that saved the day. All of a sudden I barrack for Cork, lol. What's all the talk we need a KPF we got one!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:01 pm

Sly wrote:
Hey, Derkd.

When Buckley came to the club in 1994 as a player, he felt much of the list was satiated by the 1990 success. Craig Kelly suggested they should've traded judiciously while players had value to rejuvenate the list. (All this is in Buckley's autobiography.)

I have no doubt this experience motivated Buckley's list refurbishment in 2014-onwards. And now they're doing it again.

My issue is they've let the list become a mess due to poor management. That's not exclusively Buckley's issue.

I have no issue with anybody being traded. But the way they've handled Treloar has been deplorable, and could potentially demoralise the playing list.

Basically we destroyed our list getting Buckley then Anthony Rocca. Then Mick Malthouse comes on board and promptly gives away Sav Rocca, Paul Williams and Mal Michael, replacing them with his former Club's hacks who couldn't get a game at West Coast. We almost steal the 2002 grand final which would have been a fitting reward for Nathan Buckley's faith in sticking with the club. Then the club realizes the folly in giving Malthouse too much say over recruitment and institutes an independent list management department. That's when we finally break through for a premiership. And thus we come to the present day when our list management team fails basic arithmetic in doing their sums. At least Malthouse knew his arithmetic.
DT 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:33 pm

You should do one more after the draft and talk about this trade week
Pep 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:44 pm

^^^^

Agreed
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:45 pm

^ This. I want to hear their thoughts on what we just did Shocked
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:45 pm

^^^^^
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:46 pm

Sly wrote:

This is what I'm really concerned about Sly. The whole lack of honesty, respect and integrity which has been displayed has demoralised me completely. How must the majority of the remaining players be feeling? Why would you bust your guts and punish your bodies except for self- advancement/ getting another contract, whether it be at Collingwood or somewhere else? What will happen to team spirit and doing it for one another or the jumper? Will it become every man for himself?

Please consider doing another episode for 2020 with your thoughts on the matter. Smile
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:37 pm
Post subject: The Collingwood Rant on LACE OUT!Reply with quote

Sly and Spook were privileged to be guests on the popular LACE OUT podcast, talking about Collingwood's chances going into 2021!

A big thanks to Lace Out's host, Pep, for the invitation!

Check out the podcast here: Lace Out.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:20 am
Post subject: Joffa condemned by ClubReply with quote

Breaking News.

Comrades, a new witch has been found.
Joffa Corfe, previously believed to be a Collingwood supporter par excellence, has been denounced by the club as a witch.

His effigy will be burnt in front of the Holden Centre this weekend.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2021-joffa-corfe-tweet-collingwood-statement-racism-report-heritier-lumumba-eddie-mcguire/news-story/3b948bf5a5cecef8c403a58c75f45a92

Last edited by thesoretoothsayer on Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:47 am

It was a pretty vile and indefensible thing to say. And maybe suggesting he apologise is better than simply washing their hands of him. But one suspects the club’s PR team is going to have their work cut out for them if they are planning to pursue every offensive thing Joffa posts on social media ...
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:06 am

where did it even come from? im flabbergasted at it

with his ties you would seriously think he would realise that that is not ok

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 13 of 27   

Jump to: