Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Cats. Semi-final

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
Simple then.
Cox stays at full forward all night and Stanley gets run off his feet.
If Cox can impose himself early again, then we are off to the races.

Let's hope a feral Cat fan makes an anti-American sledge within hearing distance of Mason.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:22 pm

Is it just me or all of you but I was very impressed with Richmond’s win tonight. They were awesome. We will have to play out of our skins to compete with them if we happen to meet in this final series. They were scarily good
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:22 pm

That could be any Cat fan as they are all feral

Yeah trash talk Pooty Tats and play into our trap

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:26 pm

Lazza wrote:
Is it just me or all of you but I was very impressed with Richmond’s win tonight. They were awesome. We will have to play out of our skins to compete with them if we happen to meet in this final series. They were scarily good
They were really good, no denying it. But you need to recall that StKilda was missing some extremely key personnel who were instrumental in their game. The losses of Carlisle, Long and Ryder would be equivalent for us, I think of Moore, Grundy ... (not sure about Long.Don;t know enough about StKilda to suggest a Collignwood equivalent).
This final was always going to be pretty much a one way street given StKilda's outs. Unfortunately, pretty much a warm up drill for richmond.

BazBoy 

They roughed up the Saints early ( I only watched till half time) and Cotchin was the main perpetrator
David Libra

to wish impossible things

swoop42 wrote:
Stolen from a post at bigfooty.

Changes from the last time we played.

Pies:
In: Cox; Thomas; Madgen; Greenwood; Cameron
Out: Phillips; Wills; C Brown; Varcoe; A2B2

Cats:
In: Henderson; Stewart; Stanley; Duncan
Out: Stevens; Clark; Fort; Ratugolea

All 4 of the Cats ins improves them while Selwood was injured early in our last game.

In the end it was de Goey with his 5 goals that proved the difference.

We'll need to improve on that performance you suspect if we're to beat them again.

You may be right about Geelong, but that’s a vastly improved side for us, too. I wouldn’t drop any of those five ins for any of the five that are missing. Indeed, the most interesting thing about it is that it’s such a tall team in comparison – but that’s a partial answer to where the goals will come from apart from De Goey, and why we struggled to kick many last time around.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:28 pm

Maybe we should bribe an agent provocateur to pretend to be a Cats fan, pay for him/her to have a seat right near the goals, and scream Covid virus related bile and anti=Americanism at Mason.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:32 pm

Wonder how many repeats of that Wet Toast game does the Cox man have
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:32 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Lazza wrote:
They were really good, no denying it. But you need to recall that StKilda was missing some extremely key personnel who were instrumental in their game. The losses of Carlisle, Long and Ryder would be equivalent for us, I think of Moore, Grundy ... (not sure about Long.Don;t know enough about StKilda to suggest a Collignwood equivalent).
This final was always going to be pretty much a one way street given StKilda's outs. Unfortunately, pretty much a warm up drill for richmond.

On reflection that is true. I think I was more hoping to see Richmond lose than particularly want the saints to win. I still think to beat them, teams will have to be totally committed to the game plan and exert maximum pressure.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:20 pm

Does anyone know anything about Sam Simpson for Geelong. He has been selected by them despite not having played since Round 12. and just his 8th AFL appearance in 3 years! WTF!! I have a feeling we need to carefully monitor his guy. They would not have done this for no reason.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:06 am

Lazza wrote:

Comrade, we must have watched a different game, thought the saints did pretty well, had they kicked 4 soda easy goals they should have got, they were all over the tigers at different times in the game, would have been lot closer. Dont forget saint had 3 of their best out too, had Ryder played, would have been much closer. i dont reckon the tigers are anwhere near the team they were last yr, they are just barely getting there, i reckon Port over there will win and win well. Port are the side to thiink of and the Lions. Confused Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:26 am

All other bottom half of finals four are out except us

It’s the top four plus us Play like last Saturday boys and do us proud

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:42 am

I’m so glad they didn’t go with Phillips. Wasn’t having a good year prior to the injury and the very lazy set shot attempt against the Lions when we were pressing for a comeback just about put a line through him in my opinion.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:45 am

So glad they didn’t go with Phillips, wasn’t having a great year prior to the injury. The very lazy set shot attempt against the Lions when we were pressing for a comeback just about put a line through him in my opinion.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16   

Jump to: