Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#3 Isaac Quaynor

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think better 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news for IQ - shows all of the qualities of a good leader. It seems that his off field determination rubs off on others.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:01 pm

Fantastic to see the next generation of leaders coming through.
Congrats to IQ.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:29 am

For a player that was included in the leadership group and signed a 5-year contract, his on-field output 2024 to date has been nothing short of underwhelming.
I've been watching him closely each match and he's simply not impacting matches for a player that spends 80% TOG. With his experience, he's a mile off where he should be in relation to impacting matches.

I'll make it easy for you all, as plenty just jump to type what they think without looking at a replay or hard stats.
https://www.wheeloratings.com/afl_player_profile.html?ID=1408ed9

I've selected areas where I view consensus from our supporters would be in relation to the statistics as those that are typical IQ traits (meters gained, pressure acts, tackles, intercept marks) ~

Round 9 ~ 111 meters gained / 8 pressure acts /1 tackle / 0 intercepts. (One might argue did it get down to im that much? Well, the replay would suggest he was around the ball enough)
Round 8 ~ 85 meters gained / 12 pressure acts / 3 tackles / 2 intercepts.
Round 7 ~ 184 meters gained / 8 pressure acts / 2 tackles / 0 intercepts.
Round 6 ~ 175 meters gained / 10 pressure acts / 4 tackles / 1 intercept.
Round 5 ~ BYE
Round 4 ~ 426 meters gained / 8 pressure acts / 0 tackle / 2 intercepts.
Round 3 ~ 133 meters gained / 16 pressure acts / 1 tackle / 0 intercepts.
Round 2 ~ 155 meters gained / 7 pressure acts / 2 tackle / 01 intercepts.
Round 1 ~ 265 meters gained / 13 pressure acts / 2 tackle / 2 intercepts.
Round 0 ~ 338 meters gained / 9 pressure acts / 2 tackle / 1 intercepts.

The numbers don't lie -
https://www.wheeloratings.com/afl_player_profile.html?ID=1408ed9

Super Coach & Fantasy Coach - lowest ratings of his 6 seasons to date.
Coaches Votes - 0

Has his role has been changed? Noble has resumed his role as the ball carrier from defence, perhaps stifling that aspect of IQ's game=day input. Has Quaynor has been instructed to play a stay-at-home role?
He has delivered none of that customary dash. His intercept game has disappeared as well as his pressure acts.

I'm of a view he hasn't listened to Jake the Mus's edict, "too much weights, not enough speed work", he looks to have come into season 2024 too top heavy for what he needs from his body.
If there was pressure coming from another defender, it might switch him on once again, but when tackles and intercepts are down, I'm going to call him out to get his head back over the ball and into games.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:43 am

Yep - with you. This has been a watch for the last month I reckon. Even yesterday, he couldnt complete a couple contested markes which were his trademark last year. I dont know if we can pin it on body shape and conditioning or not - but he is not playing to the standard he was at last year.

If we find ourselves struggling at some stage, the public blowtorch will come.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:50 am

He has been poor. This was the year he was primed to be All Australian and he couldn't be further from it.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:55 am

I don't want to labour the point, but for an injury depleted side of >100 game players, he's lacked on-field leadership presence when the whips have been cracking.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:02 pm

Very poor yesterday and really needs to turn it around soon or be dropped once we get some players back from injury
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:46 pm

I agree with Laurie. It looks like Isaac has come from the off season over done from too much weight work. After a few indifferent games, his confidence seems shot. He is fumbling almost every possession, and I can't remember him taking a clean mark this season and his metreage gained is down. Is he carrying some injury perhaps? The problem for the club is that we don't have an obvious replacement for him, so I guess we have to persist and hope Isaac finds some form at some point.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 5:45 pm

While I don’t disagree with the above observations, he picked up three coaches votes against the Eagles. One of the coaches at least must have thought he did a good job but even so, it’s not like he shut down any superstar of the competition.
More importantly, weight “ yo-yoing “ is a common occurrence with players between seasons. It’s usually planned, so we shouldn’t be to critical of only I Q if his below par output is conditioning related. In Harvey Harrison’s case, it looks like it’s turned him into an AFL footballer. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t and getting the perfect balance right can take a few seasons to play out. A few years ago, Pat Cripps was told to put weight on and it culminated with the worst season he’s had with them. One season later and about 5 / 6 kilos lighter and he was back to his lofty standards once more.
I Qs still not anticipating the ball well in marking contests, so I’m not sure how much putting on a few k’s would impact his aerial judgement. It’s a long season and I’m sure the club is working closely with him to find that 2023 form again.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 9:52 am

I thought this year he was going to be a standout.
3 votes v wiggles is either a mistake or a joke, he wasn't in the best 15.

Hopefully he finds some touch and bounces back, an in form IQ is a massive plus for the team.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 10:27 am

Pies2016 wrote:
I Qs still not anticipating the ball well in marking contests, so I’m not sure how much putting on a few k’s would impact his aerial judgement.

He's 6 seasons in, and as a 24 y/o and professional athlete, settling into his frame should have seen him on the cusp of hitting his peak years.
Undoubtedly the Club should have been aware of his off-season weight regime. I'm wondering if this is part of the Club program to have him carry a heavier weight over the next 5 years, and this flat spot is simply transitionary.
A 6 kg increase in body weight can add approximately 18 to 24 kg of extra pressure on the knees during movement (I'm in the process of doing it myself, I'm going for -8kg, even with -4kg in 6 weeks I've noticed a big difference in my aerobic capacity and impact on my knees)
A heavier body means the muscles have to work harder to generate the same amount of mechanistic force to lift off the ground. When body weight increases without a corresponding increase in muscle strength, it can negatively affect the ability to jump.
This is perhaps a little harsh, but if he's gone for what looked good in the mirror and hasn't matched that with the physical requirements of carrying the extra weight, maybe that's why he's where he's at from a game day impact perspective.
Even modest increases in body weight can lead to reduced jump height and overall explosive power. An increase of 6 kg would reduce vertical jump height due to the increased demand on muscle power and energy needed to lift the additional weight.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 1:49 pm

Not sure how he got coaches votes. Surely that is Simpson trolling someone...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16   

Jump to: