Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sam Newman

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
It's a bit of a reach, yeah, but WTF is Newman on about in that tweet? How does someone get to the age of 74 and still have the mentality of a high school bully?

It really is about time someone auditioned to be the Australian Donald Trump. Could you think of a better fit?

Nail hit head David. Sam Newman is basically a school yard bully as was some of his behaviours on the Footy Show. Just ask the ever dignified Susan Alberti as the exemplar on the receiving end of his boorish and churlish manner.

Although Sam Newman has very little power compared to Trump the analogy is spot on in many respects.

They both prey on divisiveness and act as bullies.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ I have no respect for him anymore - his claims of racism against Nathan make me sick cause I know ( yes I know) what a fcking crock of shite he is spruiking!!

100% I said in the thread in general discussion, since bucks agreed to meet with him and Lumumba refuses to, well what can you do but move on. Bucks is far to dignified to respond, but he should defend himself.

im not sure whats hes up to in LA these days, but this all feels like trying for another 5 min of fame.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:36 pm

Once upon a time, every thread on social media used to degenerate into political name-calling. Now, most of our threads seem to degenerate into people taking whacks at H, even though he was one of our greatest players.

Are we done talking about Sam Newman, then?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:43 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Once upon a time, every thread on social media used to degenerate into political name-calling. Now, most of our threads seem to degenerate into people taking whacks at H, even though he was one of our greatest players.

you missed my comment then?

'makes me sad to be honest, I had a lot of respect for Lumumba and his causes, I watched his videos, and he was a great player for us, but this is really reaching.'

as for sam you can always split the thread!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:59 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Or H taking whacks at Nathan, a way better player and human and our current coach! And sorry H one of our greatest players seriously thought you’d been round a while ??? Laughing Laughing

Could give a fat rats clacker about SN as a footballer or TV personality but he’s entitled to his opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinion on his opinion.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:09 pm

It's not a competition between H and Buckley (H, after all, managed to win a premiership). My point was rather that we don't have so many live premiership heroes that we can afford to disown them so easily. Put simply, he's one of 4 Collingwood premiership half-back flankers in the last 60 years. They are rarer than coronavirus-free pangolins.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:14 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
It's not a competition between H and Buckley (H, after all, managed to win a premiership). My point was rather that we don't have so many live premiership heroes that we can afford to disown them so easily. Put simply, he's one of 4 Collingwood premiership half-back flankers in the last 60 years. They are rarer than coronavirus-free pangolins.

You mean rarer than Pangolins that aren't being eaten by Chinese people

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:14 pm

and still not fit to carry his boots!

Buckley was not just a club champion, he is in the list of the all time greats!

not his fault most of the team at the time was shit

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

You mean rarer than Pangolins that aren't being eaten by Chinese people

careful, you might get a salmon card for that!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:25 pm

think positive wrote:
and still not fit to carry his boots!

Buckley was not just a club champion, he is in the list of the all time greats!

not his fault most of the team at the time was shit

I don't think it's quite fair to say that Buckley isn't fit to carry H's boots, just because H is a premiership hero.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:20 pm

Apparently some people didn't take Sam's comments very well.

Quote:
Sam Newman says he’s copped death threats and vile comments about family members being raped after his controversial remarks about George Floyd.

Newman resigned from a 30-year tenure at Channel 9 last week after describing Floyd as a “piece of shit” on his You Can’t Be Serious podcast.

Floyd was killed when a Minneapolis knelt on his neck for more than eight minutes, sparking protests around the world.

On his podcast today, co-host Mike Sheahan asked if Newman made provocative remarks because he craves attention.

“Do I crave people speaking about me?” Newman replied.

“Do you think at this stage of my life, having been on the television for over 30 years, do you think I want to put myself through the things that have been said about me … that they hope I die, hope I’m murdered, hope I’m shot, hope my grandchildren get raped by felons?

“Do you think I want to put myself through that for the sake of saying a very accurate statement about a man who shouldn’t have been killed, but is a very ordinary person?

“I say things that are controversial because we’re trying to make (the podcast) a success,” Newman said.

“I’ve done it on the television because I tried to make that a success. You know who I am away from this.”

Since every woman and her dog are now doing podcasts which are free to download, I assume there must be some advertising angle that pays the people who make them per download, otherwise there's no logical reason for their existence.

2 takeouts.

1. Newman courts controversy as a marketing tool. Old habits die hard

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/sam-newman-reveals-death-threats-over-george-floyd-comments/news-story/f3e76a830dad5e7df2d5d8e4546738fc
2. People really do say some vile shit on social media

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:03 pm

^ can you post the content - if you can? Can’t see it Sad
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:10 pm

^

I quoted like 80% of the article, doesn't it show up?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:15 pm

^ yes does now sorry - my change from the Chinese made iPhone is not going that well Embarassed

I say stupid things sometimes but who the hell wishes a child any child is raped Shocked Rolling Eyes

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:38 pm

We all say stupid things sometimes, it's how to distinguish the humans from the droids. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: