Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sam Newman

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
We know what Newman thinks of non-white people; look at the Nicky Winmar incident from years back. There’s a reason why he feels the need to say this now, too.

Funny you say that considering Newman's football hero is the late Polly Farmer.

He couldn't speak highly enough of the great man.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:12 pm

Jezza wrote:
David wrote:
We know what Newman thinks of non-white people; look at the Nicky Winmar incident from years back. There’s a reason why he feels the need to say this now, too.

This is the problem with the PC society, if you don’t like someone who is black then you are deemed a racist.

Football fans could hate Nathan Buckley or James Hird but boo Adam Goodes and you’re racist.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:14 pm

Jezza wrote:
David wrote:

“I’m not a racist. Some of my best friends are ....”
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:17 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jezza wrote:
David wrote:

That's not an argument discrediting Newman.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:39 pm

This thread is doomed from conception. We clearly have 2 mods with negative opinions of the subject of the thread which means no discussion is even.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:15 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
This is the problem with the PC society, if you don’t like someone who is black then you are deemed a racist. Football fans could hate Nathan Buckley or James Hird but boo Adam Goodes and you’re racist.

Spot on. Goodes could have been a great player, but people (me included) got tired of his constant sooking to the umpire and blatant staging for free kicks. I disliked him.

Mind you, I disliked that cheat Duckwood a lot more. Does that make me OK then?

As for Sam Newman, his motives are crystal clear. Newman is at pains to talk about anything except the actual point here, which is that a helpless man was choked to death by a police officer because he was black. Never mind who that man was, never mind what he might or might not have done years ago, a police officer sworn to uphold the law murdered him, the same way countless other people (black and white but mostly black) have been murdered by the police in that unhappy country for year after year after year, and they never do anything about it.

That stops. Now.

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:20 pm

George Floyd actually held the knife to the pregnant woman's belly while his friends robbed her house

but lets build him a monument
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:28 pm

David wrote:

Who is this “we” you speak of that knows precisely without any doubt what another person thinks? Do they do Tarot card readings and how do I book? Have always thought that might be a hoot!

Given that “we” all know what he thinks of “non-white” people one does find it quite confusing that he has spoken so widely of Polly Farmer being his hero and when needed put his hand in his pocket to help him out. Maybe he forgot Polly was “ non-white”

Newman is not my cup of tea and I gave up watching footy shows years ago - mind you he didn’t voice his opinion on this on TV - it was a podcast - I listened to it today ( I don’t trust a word so called journalists say. Oh and is this journalism these days, trolling through podcasts looking for a cheap headline and story - good job to increase the fees for Arts degrees then IMHO not much benefit to society ) he was very strong about the police actions - but “in my opinion” what he said about Floyd being canonised by the movement and SJWs was bang on!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:39 pm

stui magpie wrote:
This thread is doomed from conception. We clearly have 2 mods with negative opinions of the subject of the thread which means no discussion is even.

I rest my case, skunk drunk as I might be!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:40 pm

Morrigu wrote:
David wrote:

Who is this “we” you speak of that knows precisely without any doubt what another person thinks? Do they do Tarot card readings and how do I book? Have always thought that might be a hoot!

Given that “we” all know what he thinks of “non-white” people one does find it quite confusing that he has spoken so widely of Polly Farmer being his hero and when needed put his hand in his pocket to help him out. Maybe he forgot Polly was “ non-white”

Newman is not my cup of tea and I gave up watching footy shows years ago - mind you he didn’t voice his opinion on this on TV - it was a podcast - I listened to it today ( I don’t trust a word so called journalists say. Oh and is this journalism these days, trolling through podcasts looking for a cheap headline and story - good job to increase the fees for Arts degrees then IMHO not much benefit to society ) he was very strong about the police actions - but “in my opinion” what he said about Floyd being canonised by the movement and SJWs was bang on!

i knew that you would not like Newman, which makes your post all the more honest and valuable.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:19 pm

stui magpie wrote:

That's quite unfair, Stui. I haven't posted a single thing about Sam Newman in this thread. I did respond to one of Jezza's posts. I took issue with the argument he seemed to be making - which I considered to be abhorrent - but said nothing about Newman at all.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:27 pm

Unfair = thatslife!

Meanwhile go blues!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:56 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

That's quite unfair, Stui. I haven't posted a single thing about Sam Newman in this thread. I did respond to one of Jezza's posts. I took issue with the argument he seemed to be making - which I considered to be abhorrent - but said nothing about Newman at all.

But doesn't your post
Quote:
in the context that you posted it in, imply that you think Newman is racist? Does that work with saying nothing about Newman?

I think not, but then I don't really care. Newman became a self caricature a long time ago, but FWIW I don't believe he's racist.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:18 pm

^ No, it doesn't. I was characterising Jezza's argument. I have no interest in commenting on Newman and I wasn't. I was commenting on Jezza's logic . Have another read of his post. This isn't rocket surgery.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:32 pm

C'mon, seriously you can't see it? You were clearly commenting on Newman/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: