Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. Round 1.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. So I thought it was Thursday. Very Happy

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:39 pm

I know who the Coach will be? Should I leak that? Laughing
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:48 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I know who the Coach will be

If he doesn't get quarantined in the next 24 hours

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:07 pm

^ Yes, fair enough - I only heard a rumour. I haven't seen Nathan named officially, yet. Wink
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:16 am

AFL are selfish it’s no crowds no footy
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:40 am

7, FOX, Sportsbet, AFL mafioso head honchos are greedy.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:50 am

90 nice wrote:

Crowds don't make significant financial contribution to the AFL. The lion's share of the gate receipts are divided up between the facility and the completing teams. The AFL makes their money from the TV rights. That's why the games are going ahead.

I'm not saying that the AFL are lilly-white in terms of altruistic behaviour however, the implications on reduced earnings will be profound right down to grass-roots footy which is one of the reasons why the pressure to continue is so high. It must be remembered that the AFL contribute significantly to the greater economy and curtailing this will help no-one.

I am frustrated though as I feel that AFL has taken an opportunity to try out some variations to the game (shorter quarters as an example) under the guise of player welfare. This is a more sinister aspect of this situation, in my opinion.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:15 am

think positive wrote:
cry me a river. they will get to play for their family eventually. meanwhile a little 6 year old with a couple of months to live has had her make a wish party cancelled. eventually might not happen for her. The are dementia sufferers not getting their visits, little old ladies wondering where they will get their essentials, and if they will live til christmas.

perspective, i love footy, but right now its not in my top 5

Totally 100%
Our School is shutting down as of 3:30pm today, not required back until April 20th. School will make the call on Term 2 as the date approaches, this with no confirmed CV cases (that they're aware of at this point in time) by any Student or Staff member.
This move is to protect the vulnerable in the community, a lot of grand parents do School drop offs/pick ups at ours.

Things are moving at a rapid pace, changing by the hour, there are bigger fish to fry at the moment & footy is NOT one of them!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:02 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
90 nice wrote:

Crowds don't make significant financial contribution to the AFL. The lion's share of the gate receipts are divided up between the facility and the completing teams. The AFL makes their money from the TV rights. That's why the games are going ahead.

I'm not saying that the AFL are lilly-white in terms of altruistic behaviour however, the implications on reduced earnings will be profound right down to grass-roots footy which is one of the reasons why the pressure to continue is so high. It must be remembered that the AFL contribute significantly to the greater economy and curtailing this will help no-one.

I am frustrated though as I feel that AFL has taken an opportunity to try out some variations to the game (shorter quarters as an example) under the guise of player welfare. This is a more sinister aspect of this situation, in my opinion.

Good points. I reckon you're on the money.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:07 pm

While the lack of crowd will make for a lifeless experience it'll be interesting I guess to be able to hear the communication between the players and get a feel for who are our best leaders out on the ground. It'll be interesting also to see if some teams are more vocal than others and whether the better teams of last season also display better communication whether that be in organisational messages or general team encouragement.

For one night at least I'm marginally interested in finding out if we'll have people stationed around the ground and over the fence to hand the ball back to the players or to speed things up people inside the boundary with spare balls. Perhaps both.

I assume there is a maximum amount of footballs allowed to be in rotation during a game and that number would be increased.

It ain't much to get excited about but the vocal foreplay between the players will make for a different viewing experience.

Fair to say they will have to watch their language around or about the umpires far more.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:32 pm

^ I'll be curious as to what it sounds like too.
Hope they don't try and use a prerecorded cheer.
Channel 7 claim they need to have 200 staff on a game (sounds like BS to me) perhaps if they put them all in the commentary box?

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:55 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:

Good points. I reckon you're on the money.

Interestingly the QLD government snuck through legislation last night to allow them the power to suspend elections (local and state) on the premise of public safety. This is on the back of fixed terms at state level. That is truly worrying! That behaviour is the beginning of a totalitarian regime!!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:16 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:

It must be remembered that the AFL contribute significantly to the greater economy and curtailing this will help no-one.

Agree with these points Abdul.

So many on Nick's have bemoaned the fact that AFL footy has become an industry not just a sport. Well, industries, if they are successful ones, support the economy and so for once, this aspect of the game is aligned with those who want it to go ahead, like me. Wink
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:40 pm

AFL Round 1
Friday 19 March
Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm

B: Jack Crisp, Jordan Roughead, Jeremy Howe
HB: Brayden Maynard, Darcy Moore, John Noble
C: Will Hoskin-Elliott, Scott Pendlebury, Chris Mayne
HF: Tom Phillips, Brody Mihocek, Callum Brown
F: Jordan De Goey, Mason Cox, Jamie Elliott
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Steele Sidebottom
Int: Josh Daicos, Josh Thomas, Tyler Brown, Jack Madgen

Emerg: Darcy Cameron, Jaidyn Stephenson, Rupert Wills, Jay Rantall
New: Tyler Brown
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:44 pm

A message for Jaidyn there?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: