Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Australian Open tennis 2020

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

How much are the food and drinks at the ao like how much should I expect to pay I like my drinks and some of the food like to know thanks
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:05 pm

im assuming beers range from 10-13$ wine 14 spirits 14 also food range from 10 for just the chips too 16 to a nice burger and gourmet hot dogs say 17.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:42 pm

Don't know prices, but...

"Fans are permitted to bring food to the venue, however eskies, hampers, large containers in excess of 1.5 litres, drink and food in glass, and cans and ceramic are not allowed.

Plastic cutlery is permitted. All alcohol must be purchased at the venue."

Does a ground pass for the day let you leave the venue and re-enter on the same day?
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:10 pm

Like to see Barty to win women’s if not I feel andrescu helup or pliscova in the women’s Osaka sablenka as the roughy
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:05 pm

'"What I receive on the answer is on the 'Olympic rule' is until 300 you can keep competing. So when I receive an answer like this, when I receive an answer that the most important committee in the world of sport, like the Olympic Committee, allowed the people to compete until 300, and we are going until 200," Nadal said.

"I really cannot believe that the most important committee in the world wants bad health for the competitors. So that answer convince me."'

[The "I really cannot believe" argument is common, including on this BB. It always feels like arguing backwards. It's like an appeal to authority, but even worse: an appeal to someone else's authority. e.g. "I cannot believe Collingwood FC does not know how to control its injury problems. Therefore it must have everything under control." Well, the evidence is that the injury problems have been out of control, so this "I cannot believe" argument is silly.]
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:05 pm

Jezza wrote:
Djokovic and Halep are my predicted winners of the tournament.

Does Halep have a clothes sponsor this year?!

Baum on Djokovic:

Djoker wins heaps, but not hearts

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/tennis/djoker-wins-heaps-but-not-hearts-20200117-p53see.html

'"It’s not a popular discussion to say, is Novak the best of them all?” noted Australia’s 1987 Wimbledon champion Pat Cash late last year. “It’s not popular. But you’ve got to face the facts: this guy might be the best of the lot of them.”

Note that: “not popular”. This has not changed. Djokovic has made the world submit without ever managing to charm it. He's still fighting two opponents.

Is it looks? In tennis, the most image-conscious sport, these attract a premium. I'm not qualified to answer. Djokovic scarcely looks like the elephant man to me. But he won't ever inspire, for instance, this magazine paean to Nadal: "His golden umber skin, inky deep-set eyes and prominent cheekbones evoke 19th-century paintings of Mayan chiefs."

There were addenda about the “smooth expanse of his shoulders, the curve of his lower back”, “clinging boxer shorts”, “snug denims” and an "animal magnetism no woman could fail to register". Nole? Not so much, apparently.

Nick Kyrgios, never one for diplomacy, says he is a fake.

"I just feel like he has a sick obsession with wanting to be liked,” Kyrgios said last year. “Like he wants to be like Roger. I just can't stand him.” Among other objections, Kyrgios dislikes Djokovic’s post-match celebration. “It’s so cringeworthy. If I play him and I beat him, I'm doing his celebration in front of him. That would be hilarious."

It’s a withering critique. I'm sure Djokovic appreciated being read a lesson on deportment from Kyrgios.'

[I could have put this in the triumvirate thread, but I haven't made up my mind whether it has enough substance for a tennis purists' thread like that.]
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:02 am

All starts today day 1 I’m going tomorrow day 2 anyone else intending to go
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:27 am

Looks like we've found a happy Collingwood supporter. Shocked

22-year-old, 187-ranked, Australian Marc Polmans.

"His favourite player is Dale Thomas and he wasn't aware he was traded to Carlton."
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:31 pm

KenH wrote:
Will be going on the 2nd day, we get seats in Margaret Court to use as our home base but wander around all the outside courts to see what we want to see. ...

90 nice wrote:
How much are the food and drinks...[?]

90 nice wrote:
... I’m going tomorrow day 2 ...

How was it?

What were the food and beverage prices??
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:41 pm

K wrote:
KenH wrote:
Will be going on the 2nd day, we get seats in Margaret Court to use as our home base but wander around all the outside courts to see what we want to see. ...

90 nice wrote:
How much are the food and drinks...[?]

90 nice wrote:
... I’m going tomorrow day 2 ...

How was it?

What were the food and beverage prices??

Enjoyed the day, lots of people! Food and drinks prices are high, we take our own so can't give you exact prices but did see beer for $12.50.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:26 pm

Williams will be bundled out day 5 of the ao I have a feeling also yes drinks are expensive standard beer 12.50 only a small plastic cup too
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:58 am

90 nice wrote:
... also yes drinks are expensive standard beer 12.50 only a small plastic cup too

Did you eat any AO food or did you bring your own (or go out to Richmond for lunch)?
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:44 am

Predicting an upset it’s in form of s Williams she struggles against the chinese players
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:01 pm

S Williams is out of the Australian Open told you so there was an upset brewing down in 3 sets
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:02 pm

90 nice wrote:
... told you so ...

Yes, you did!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: