Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Australian Open tennis 2020

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
^ What are you trying to imply?

Exactly as P4S said, not in the spirit of the game. He's done it on many occasions.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:39 pm

K wrote:
e.g. this:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/tennis/i-don-t-care-if-he-s-a-good-bloke-tennis-should-throw-the-book-at-djokovic-20200203-p53x7c.html

"In rugby league and AFL in recent times, we have seen players suspended even for minor accidental contact, and rightly so."

And this:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/fine-likely-for-hands-on-djokovic-but-other-sports-aren-t-so-forgiving-20200203-p53xde.html

"World No.1 Novak Djokovic has escaped any punishment for his "shoe tap" on the chair umpire during his momentous Australian Open men's final ..."

This will do nothing to dispel the widespread belief that the top players are given special treatment. (Well, Serena and co. claim it's because men are treated differently from women.) A $20,000 or $50,000 fine would be nothing to Novak but at least send a message to the tennis players that you cannot deliberately touch the umpire. Now, if a player in the future smashes his or her racquet over the umpire's head, the tennis powers will have only themselves to blame.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:05 pm

What’s everyone’s favourite brands in tennis
K 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:13 am

'Mouratoglou, who has coached Williams since 2012, said that she still had the fire in her but that some things must change.

"We have to accept the fact that it is not working," Mouratoglou said. "Maybe come back with a different angle, a different strategy and different goals so she can make it.

"We have to face reality, but she is positive that she can make it otherwise she probably wouldn't be on a tennis court anymore. She believes she can make it and I believe it too. She's not that far, but we have to change a few things."'

(DPA)
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:03 pm

For tennis rackets I like the yonex and babolat brands.Shoes asics and clothing probably either puma or adidas.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:32 am

Meanwhile, ex-champion Osaka's woes continue in the Fed Cup. You have to wonder about the effect of the coaching change on her game (but if she'd stayed in a miserable relationship, maybe that'd have affected her game too).
K 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:15 am

Serena made headlines for losing a Fed Cup match for the first time ever.

It looks like AO form persists.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:53 am

On the men's side...

media report "French Open to be Federer's only clay court appearance in 2020".
K 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:15 pm

Federer has had knee surgery and will now miss the French Open.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Media report "Murray could need surgery to remove bone growth associated with the hip resurfacing surgery he underwent last January":

'"It's been unbelievably complex," Murray said.

"At the Davis Cup I was diagnosed with this bone bruise on the pubis, which was mild and obviously not a big deal, but they can sort of niggle on if they are not handled properly.

"I started practising again a few days ago. I've been doing some running and just trying to build up to see what happens.

"When people have these operations, there is something called heterotopic ossification, which is basically like bone growing outside of the normal skeleton, so it grows in soft tissues.

"So what I need to do just now is build up in these next couple of weeks to really test it.

"Hopefully it responds fine. But, if it doesn't, then I need to potentially have that removed."'

(PA)
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:02 pm

Willams has a stress fracture in ankle and groin complaint too having scans next week could be career ending. Watch this space.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9   

Jump to: