Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Other sports played a bit about me too.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:26 pm
Post subject: Other sports played a bit about me too.Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just like to know what other sports everyone likes to play. Back when I was a teen it was cricket and tennis,in my 20's more tennis not so much cricket.Then my 30's say 32 I started up lawn bowls I love it not overly active but a very skillfull sport to play and its social and a great leveller too and is becoming more popular thesedays too. I every now and then play a bit of tennis too but just causal coaching apart from that I go to the gym weekly to lose weight and do a bit of aqua fitness in the pool.

Other sports ive done is skiing in the 1980 and 1990's when I was at primary school and early high school I was a cross country skier then I tried downhill a bit at the end. I played comp golf also in Sydney when I was high school 1991-1995 was good at it too won a few comps.
Ive won a few comps at bowls too but I feel I need to practice more to be real good at it. Ill like to play tennis well too again.

I need to lose weight as im in early stages of diabetes and I have a fatty liver too. I try to walk as much as I can I live in Richmond im 15 mins walk from the front door of the mcg so im close to everything.

I still have not had a alcohol drink this year.

Hope you are all well

90 nice
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, 90. Smile

The first sport I remember was cricket, at school. Then Aussie Rules, at school and for Barwon Heads Under-15s

Whilst in the Austin Hospital, I played wheelchair basketball and did well enough to represent Victoria

After that, I took up golf to help with my re-hab after spinal surgery. Was pretty keen, playing a round before AND after work in Summer. I even played an 18 with Polly Farmer. Smile

Played comp. table tennis in Geelong.

At age 35, I rediscovered cricket and formed a Winter cricket comp, up here (Northern Rivers, NSW). I played for 20 years - all as captain. Won the GF 8 times from 13 attempts. Won the comp. bowling trophy 5 times.

Other sports I dabbled in: Archery, Weightlifting, Javelin & Shot Put and tennis. Mainly doubles.

These days, I'm unable to play any more but LOVE watching all the cricket, the Pies in Footy, the Golf Majors, V8 Supercars and the Tennis slams.

Other competitive interests included playing Tournament Scrabble with my best result being to win the Australian A Grade Championship, in 1983, at Moomba. Kevin Bartlett presented the trophy. Runner-up in the Essendon C/ship and 10th. in both the NSW & Victorian Masters.

Also played heaps of Backgammon.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: