Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bah Humbug

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:52 pm
Post subject: Bah HumbugReply with quote

I'm not feeling overly Christmasy this year. Maybe it's been the prolonged spell of cool weather that just doesn't feel like the normal build up, maybe I'm just getting older, maybe its because we're having a small one this year. Dunno.

Tree isn't up, nor are any decorations. I'll probably pull finger next weekend and do something so it looks a bit Christmas for the grandson, but I'm just mainly looking forward to the time off work.

How's your Christmas spirit going?

Got the tree up?

Done your shopping

Got the Christmas Day menu and guest list sorted?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tree is up and have some small decorations out the front of the house.

Got to do some Christmas shopping this week.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:53 pm

Yeah we're in full swing.

I go back to work Thursday so we had a lunch at the local yesterday and kids and grandkids came back here for a swim and opened a couple of presents.

Received the big Chairman's Profit Share bonus on Friday, so.i splurged on presents for the 3 daughters (Kelly usually does all the shopping).

We decorated a tree outside our dongas at work and hung some lights.

I'm guna get some lights to put up here out the front tomorrow, enjoying the grandkids getting in to it.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:33 pm

I’m loving it cause this year I don’t have to do it Very Happy

For a variety of reasons mum doesn’t want to do the whole big lunch and associated carry on ( I only ever did it for mum) so I’ll just cook her a nice roast lunch and take it to her.

So no tree, no decorations no hint of it at our house - no presents except the usual Xmas donations to our fav animal charities and no having to rearrange the house, spend a fortune buying and cooking food we don’t eat and tolerating people who given a choice we would never spend a minute with!

Hubby and I are atheists so have no interest and this year we can just ignore it YAY!!! Planning on repainting the bedroom and framing some of our pics to hang and enjoying a drink or 2!
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:41 pm

The closest I have to Christmas decorations is the second hand light show from next door that I get to enjoy while taking a piss at night, all class in my neighborhood Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:42 pm

i still cant get used to that donga thing!

i miss the christmas we had when the kids were little! ill have to wait til i get grandkids i guess! friday i was a basket case, nearly fell off my treadmill and then i realized it was because we went to Warnambool for the weekend, and i knew i would go see my dad, but i really didnt want to. I thought about not going, but i couldnt live with myself. fortunately he was almost human for a change. i warned him i was coming, and he actually seemed happy to see us! he is finally realising he needs to be in a proper nursing home, not happy he thinks little river is a good choice, im sure he would be happier over lancefield way!

so i only have my sisters, and one wont leave her dog christmas day, so i offered to have them monday, her birthday. the other one, will do either! so christmas day i have about 15-20 outlaws coming. cooking double ugh. did most of my shopping on line, almost all of it has arrived, paid junior to wrap it all! got to waste an hour on cards tomorrow, tree is up, some decorations, but not as much as i usually do. you just know there will be griswald family moments. i could even put a few quotes in for some of them!! id have better odds than stevo! but hey, i know there is some camera gear under the tree! both kids will wake up here to their santa sacks i bought for them when they were toddlers, instead of crayons and toys, now its makeup and gift cards and things! thems the silver lining!

if we were premiers id enjoy it more. no thats not logical but it is true!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: