Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who’s on for 2020

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm with you RudeBoy. Cox is the one. Big boy starts rolling and going next level the rest of the comp is stuffed. pivotal with how he brings it to ground too and follows up for a 7 footer.

Will be the year of IQ too. Back flank dash. FU Richmond, we're coming.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:13 am

I like the idea of WHE and Cox being improvers - both have strong arguements, but for me for me I think it will be Sier - I'm not sure what was with him last year but the idea that the Pies kept him around might be the turning point for him. Like WHE he has the ability - his games success seems to depend more on intent (not that he wants to play badly) and the ability to take control. With this next swing I think the planets may align.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:20 am

They aligned in 2010 big time and talent may go a long way to a flag

Momentum and good fortune complete the package

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:29 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Fingers crossed we get a decent season out of big Coxy. If that happens, we win the flag. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. Cool

Richmond have reportedly blown their salary cap by drafting a T1000 to be sent back in time to combat the Model 101 Coxinator in season 2020.
The Coxinator post eye surgery is going to come back stronger than ever.

Coxninator.JPG

Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:18 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Fingers crossed we get a decent season out of big Coxy. If that happens, we win the flag. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. Cool

I agree, if we get a good season out of the big Texan. If not, look for Darcy Cameron to be full forward/relief ruckman by the end of the season.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:24 pm

The meare fact that Darcy mentioned as FF at some stage is if it happens
a tick for versatility in the list

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:16 pm

In order to be in contention for a flag, I’m looking for 10-15% improvement from the highlighted players, being ones where I believe more upside remains from their 2019 output.
If it comes from Stephenson, Reid, JDG & Moore, we’ll give it a fair shake.

Offensively we’ll need to improve our game-day scoreboard impact from our core forward 6-8 and kick 200-220 for the season. (Cox 30, JDG 50, C Brown 25 Mihocek 35, Reid 15, Stephenson 50) That’d be 205 from the key forwards and you’d expect around 100-125 from the midfield / interchange group. Edging towards 330 goals sets you up for a tilt.

Defensively, a continuation of our miserly defensive unit, limiting season goals against to around 250 would be just the ticket.

B: Maynard, Roughhead, Scharenberg

HB: Howe, Moore, Crisp

C: Treloar, Pendlebury, Sidebottom

HF: Mihocek , Reid, Stephenson

F: Thomas, JDG, C Brown

FOLL: Grundy, Wills, Adams

I/C: Phillips, Cox, WHE, Elliott

EMG from : Noble, Mayne, Dunn, Sier, Quaynor, T Brown, Bianco, Broomhead, Daicos, Murphy, Lynch, Cameron, Kelly

INJ : Beams, Landgon, Greenwood, Varcoe

Centres
The retirement of Wells, the situation with Beams, coupled with Varcoe's recent injury and Aish’s transfer has necessitated the move to seek more outside class.
Treloar and Pendles can't carry the season between them and Treloar tends to run forward of centre.

Perhaps a different player in Elliott has emerged post repeated soft tissue injuries and enters 2020 with, touch-wood, an uninterrupted pre-season.
While the high leap has been gelded he has more tricks than that. Post the 2014 & 2015 seasons he was always earmarked for midfield time. His 16 season then became a write-off.
He's always been quick off the mark, is agile and when it comes to field kicking he's one of our best. All traits that would serve us well through the midfield.

So with outside players in Treloar, Pendles & Elliott coupled with inside of Adams, Wills & Sier, the engine room looks well balanced and freshens it up for 2020.

Grundy to get support from Cox & Reid forward of 50 and Roughead & Moore in the back 50.

Forwards
If Billy is moved to a rotation through the middle, perhaps off the bench, that'll allow Cal Brown to hold down a forward 50 position. Left in a pocket, he can kick 20-30 this year and he'll bring the same defensive pressure that Billy gives us.

WHE better find some new tricks or get back to his 2018 output, maybe try him off the half-back flank.
I suspect Thomas will be under pressure from the likes of T Brown and Broomhead.
Reid could easily replace Cox while Wills & Sier will be vying for the spot left by Beams.

Backs
The back line is going to be hard to break into. Noble and Quaynor will get their opportunities.
Scharenberg, who knows.

51 days left to the start of the season but who’s counting…

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:45 am; edited 2 times in total
El Popo 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:26 am

Last year our "weakness" was clearances, ranked 14 according to footywire with Grundy and Treloar ranked 14 and 19 on average per game.
Taylor Adams is ranked 26.
If the Captain in waiting wants to be that, I want him to become a clearance "King" with Sier (rank 101) also improving his workrate.

Number 1 in Hitouts, we must use that to our advantage

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:38 am

Cox has indicated to me that his eyesight is basically back to where it was pre-surgery but that it will take some time to restore itself fully. He's optimistic it won't hinder his game. If Darcy Cameron can clunk marks, his kicking is far more reliable than Cox, meaning he requires less opportunities. He was a good pick up to add to our tall forward stocks.

I cannot see Reid, Cox and Mihocek fitting into our forward line as shown above. It's way too immobile and there would be a distinct lack of tackling pressure. We also need a defender on the bench and that line up doesn't really have anyone that fits for mine.

I agree with the Pope, clearances are the biggest opportunity for improvement. If De Goey and Elliott can rotate through the middle (Elliott seems most likely to spend time there from what I have seen at training) then this will help us as our midfield has been a little one-paced. De Goey offers strength and speed and Elliott is genuinely quick as well and showed great signs in the match sim last Friday.

I think Noble stays in the team for his run, which is why he was recruited mid season. We lack speed off half back. IQ could play that role though.
I favour Murphy over Shaz in the battle to take Aish or Greenwood's spot. I think his kicking is more attacking and he is quicker with a better tank. I think he is equally capable in the air too.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
If Darcy Cameron can clunk marks, his kicking is far more reliable than Cox,

I cannot see Reid, Cox and Mihocek fitting into our forward line as shown above. It's way too immobile and there would be a distinct lack of tackling pressure.

I think Noble stays in the team for his run, which is why he was recruited mid season. We lack speed off half back. IQ could play that role though.
I favour Murphy over Shaz in the battle to take Aish or Greenwood's spot. I think his kicking is more attacking and he is quicker with a better tank.

All valid. Any of those scenarios can play out. I'll take the better out of Cox or Cameron, either is a good result.
The tackling issue is not as of big a concern for me. Mihocek loves to tackle and is mobile for a big unit. Cal Brown is as hard as a cats head and Stepho likes to chase them down. Mindful of tackling pressure is why I left Thomas on the bench although his tackling average was down last year and was missed.
Not forgetting we'll also have midfielders that like to tackle in Wills & Adams, working in and around the pack when the ball is in the area.

While pace has long been a factor (post busts in Freeman & Murray), I'm hoping this is balanced out from better ball use, but then again hope isn't a strategy. I'm of no doubt that Noble, IQ and maybe Murphy will all get their chances when oponent specific match ups are required. It's then up to them to show enough beyond pace, week in week out to secure a regular start.

Apologies for not going nuts and spewing vitriol when someone posted an alternate view, very un-Nicks...

49 days left to the start of the season but who’s counting…

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:10 pm
Post subject: Season Pump Up on YouTubeReply with quote

Nice season pump up here, well done to SwoopLuke

https://youtu.be/gE-zcZNSAa4

35 days left to the start of the season but who’s counting…

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: