Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A recap —who’s off and who’s added

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
npalm wrote:
Jezza wrote:
IN:
- Darcy Cameron (trade)
- Jay Rantall (national draft)
- Trent Bianco (national draft)
- Trey Ruscoe (national draft)

OUT:
- Tyson Goldsack (retired)
- Daniel Wells (retired)
- Sam Murray (delisted)
- James Aish (trade)
- Lynden Dunn (delisted)
- Ben Crocker (delisted)

Well, that doesn't exactly fill me with excitement for next season. The net result of the above ins and outs is surely negative i.e. we will go into 2020 with a (slightly) weaker list.

Hopefully, there will be some excitement with the emergence next year of young players already on our list. Players like Tyler Brown, Nathan Murphy and Tom Wilson.

We haven't really lost or gained all that much – as noted, Aish is really the only player in the outs to have had any impact this year, and he was on the edge of the 22 for much of the season. Hopefully Cameron will make the trade a good one. So it was a pretty ho-hum trade/draft period, really, and you could make the case that we broke even.

What worries me more is that we haven't managed to inject much in the way of mid-career talent into the list. We have a few good new players coming through, hopefully (Quaynor will be great, along with some of the others we haven't seen yet perhaps), but otherwise it's just going to be another year of decline for Varcoe, Reid, Beams, Greenwood, etc. (if any of the above even get on the field). Even Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe and Cox may no longer be at their best this year. So while this is basically the equation for every club every season – players retiring, stars getting older, untried players coming through – I can't help but feel that the decline in the list is outweighing the upside right now. Hope I'm wrong!

My head says you may be right but my heart says its too early to make that call. So I compromise by saying lets wait and see what eventuates Rolling Eyes

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:21 pm

Early doors yet and many factors would shape the year

A large reduction in injuries

2nd and 3rd year players taking next step

A new recruit cracking select and being a revelation like Stevo

Two major finals with less than a goal

Won’t sell em short now or actually not at all

K 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:41 pm

Did you take good photos in Antarctica, Baz?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:46 pm

Yes K photo,s and a series of videos

Truely a magnificent place and not as cold as I thought—around zero but when winds of 30 plus knots it felt like minus 15

A real once in a life time experience

Photos on FB.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:29 pm

npalm wrote:
Jezza wrote:
IN:
- Darcy Cameron (trade)
- Jay Rantall (national draft)
- Trent Bianco (national draft)
- Trey Ruscoe (national draft)

OUT:
- Tyson Goldsack (retired)
- Daniel Wells (retired)
- Sam Murray (delisted)
- James Aish (trade)
- Lynden Dunn (delisted)
- Ben Crocker (delisted)

Well, that doesn't exactly fill me with excitement for next season. The net result of the above ins and outs is surely negative i.e. we will go into 2020 with a (slightly) weaker list.

Yep. Drafted more midget midfield types and still no KP forwards!!! The Giants won't get any shorter next year.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:59 pm

The trick is having enough height, not having too much. If you have enough faith for instance in Mihocek, another CHF is surplus to requirements. If Grundy, or Cox go down Cameron can step straight into their role. Bianco is a 360 player who you can play anywhere on the football field. Ruscoe is a taller version than Maynard. You can never have enough of those players and Jay Rantall is more the work in progress with huge upside if he can learn to play both sides of his body (the reason he went pick 40 rather than a first rounder). We could have instead recruited 3-4 KPP's who would have spent the next 2-3 seasons playing VFL before being delisted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: