Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Please Consider Signing this Petition re Injuries

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

tbaker wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
No-one signed my petition against Tofu so I'm not signing this one!

Where's the link - I'll sign - I share your distaste for tofu!

Don’t get sucked in: I understand that Rudeboy is a secret Tempeh lover.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:47 pm

We need an aromatherapist: “stat”
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:08 am

tbaker wrote:
Well said PP. I also support the petition. As you say, a review can't hurt. So many supporters bagging the club throughout the past seasons over the handling of injuries, so it's about time some heat was turned up on the club over this issue.

Not sure 27 signatures (with a target of 100) is exactly going to leave them quaking in their boots. Laughing

The implication that the club isn’t already doing everything they can to fix this is honestly a bit insulting. Like most external pressure campaigns, the risks of any kneejerk response would be likely to outweigh any benefits, because any careful behind-the-scenes process the club is seeking to put in place would be undermined. But as it is, they’d be laughing this petition off (if it even makes a blip on their radar), and rightly so.

Wonka 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:15 am

David wrote:

Not sure 27 signatures (with a target of 100) is exactly going to leave them quaking in their boots. Laughing

Dude, it doesn't have a target and says nada about quaking in their boots.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:13 am

Wonka wrote:

Dude, it doesn't have a target and says nada about quaking in their boots.

It does say “Let’s get to 100” and the bar graph showing the progress of 27 is scaled to 100. While I guess that will change to 200 or 500 or 1,000 as and if when, the target is currently 100 and counting

Given that we have 86k members, you’d think they’d need a few more before anyone gives a shit

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:24 am

I think the appropriate petition would be one to remove the football department “soft cap”. It is quite incredible that any club could be forced by the AFL to decide between spending what it considers to be an appropriate amount on its medical department to protect and rehab players, on the one hand, and employing an adequate coaching staff, on the other.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:03 pm

watt price tully wrote:
tbaker wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
No-one signed my petition against Tofu so I'm not signing this one!

Where's the link - I'll sign - I share your distaste for tofu!

Don’t get sucked in: I understand that Rudeboy is a secret Tempeh lover.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Wonka 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:11 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

It does say “Let’s get to 100” and the bar graph showing the progress of 27 is scaled to 100. While I guess that will change to 200 or 500 or 1,000 as and if when, the target is currently 100 and counting

Yes, on the website it says change.org auto sets target to 100 and changes it when it's met.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:40 pm

tbaker wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
An external review can't hurt - ...

Well said PP. ... As you say, a review can't hurt. ...

I agree it can't hurt. I don't know why some here are so scared of an independent review. It would just need to be done well by the right people. Some talk about cost, but this is the club that used to blow $900,000 each pre-season for the players and coaches to climb mountains.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Who needs an independent review when we could fix all our problems by changing the club song lyrics
E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:58 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Who needs an independent review when we could fix all our problems by changing the club song lyrics

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So we are back to the off season themed threads.

Should we all discuss whether it was a smart idea to suggest sacking DEGoey after he lost his license for drink driving becaqsue he really wasnt any good anyway.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:00 pm

^ You can discuss whatever you want to discuss, but you should put it in the right thread. If you want to discuss JdG there are dozens of JdG threads you can discuss him in, although it's true it feels like JdG is injured all the time, so talking about him might be relevant to Collingwood's injuries.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:28 am

David wrote:
tbaker wrote:
Well said PP. I also support the petition. As you say, a review can't hurt. So many supporters bagging the club throughout the past seasons over the handling of injuries, so it's about time some heat was turned up on the club over this issue.

The implication that the club isn’t already doing everything they can to fix this is honestly a bit insulting. Like most external pressure campaigns, the risks of any kneejerk response would be likely to outweigh any benefits, because any careful behind-the-scenes process the club is seeking to put in place would be undermined. But as it is, they’d be laughing this petition off (if it even makes a blip on their radar), and rightly so.

Don't agree at all.
The petition is not a "knee jerk response". The injury statistics for Collingwood have been disastrous for several years now, and this is the fundamental rationale of this petition. A scientific statistical analysis demonstrates this easily. The petition brought forward here is absolutely appropriate. If our club is serious about winning a flag next year (and I think it is possible) then we should be, above all else, investigating the injury statistics, and using the results to inform our processes for next year. To emphasize to the Club that this is the orientation we want to see, this petion fulfils a critical role.
I encourage all Collingwood supporters to sign this petition.
Go Pies!!

K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:27 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
David wrote:
Like most external pressure campaigns, the risks of any kneejerk response would be likely to outweigh any benefits, because any careful behind-the-scenes process the club is seeking to put in place would be undermined. ...

Don't agree at all.
The petition is not a "knee jerk response". The injury statistics for Collingwood have been disastrous for several years now...

Yep. I don't know how doing something after eight years of carnage could be described as a knee-jerk reaction. More like rigor mortis, except rigor mortis doesn't take eight years either.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:31 am

K wrote:
I don't know how doing something after eight years of carnage could be described as a knee-jerk reaction

The phrase is being applied to you, not the club.

“an unthinking, emotional reaction produced by an event or statement to which the reacting person is highly sensitive; - in persons with strong feelings on a topic, it may be very predictable”

We have had injuries. Your reaction is:

DO SOMETHING!! DOING SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN DOING NOTHING!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: