Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Please Consider Signing this Petition re Injuries

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCollingwoodFCS 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:28 pm
Post subject: Please Consider Signing this Petition re InjuriesReply with quote

Some supporters have said “enough is enough” and are asking the club to seriously address our recent, poor injury record:

https://www.change.org/p/collingwood-football-club-board-call-for-external-review-into-collingwood-football-club-s-injuries
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a life
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Why? Let's tell the club we as supporters find the injury rate unacceptable!

Maybe the club finds it less than ideal and have given it some thought.

Maybe the club just says what injury rate, as a professional football team we don't look into areas like injury rates as an area we might improve.

Please discuss it as much as you like but I am sure the the Collingwood Football Club is all over this as well as a lot of other pressing issues and doesn't need a poll forwarded from "supporters" to know that player fitness and availability during the season and finals is a key to winning premierships.

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:02 am

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-collingwood-medical-department-injury-news-injuries-coaching/news-story/963d9d5edb475cf650c44be620a2c778
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:29 am

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-collingwood-medical-department-injury-news-injuries-coaching/news-story/963d9d5edb475cf650c44be620a2c778

There ya go, sorted.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:07 am

Skids wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:

There ya go, sorted.

If only it were that easy! Employ another physio who may/may not have some idea of what they're doing and the whole problem goes away? Nup, it's far more complicated than that.
Wonka 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:20 am

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
https://www.foxsports.com.au

Wonka wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
What’s most concerning in the report is that they have identified the players need more access to rehab resources. How difficult could that have been to establish after several years of repeat occurances.
Is it just me or does that smack of incompetence and amateurism.
IF that report is true, then I almost wish that wasn’t the ( supposed ) solution to the problem.

Also they will have the same rehab resources but more hours. How will two hours of physio instead of one hour cure everything?
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:36 am

Born to Pie wrote:
I am sure the the Collingwood Football Club is all over this

I wish I had your confidence and faith Born to Pie, I really do. I'm not being sarcastic either, but wistful. Sad

However, the stuffing around they did with JDG all season - why wait until the finals before sending him to Germany?? - was the final straw for me that made me seriously doubt that the medical/conditioning team have all the necessary skills and information they need. This was after getting down how many fit players during the middle of the season -was it 26 or something??? It wasn't just a one-off situation either - this problem has going on for quite a few seasons now.

An external review can't hurt - except to ruffle Eddie's feathers (which need a bit of a shake up I reckon! Wink ). The club can afford it and it may just provide some suggestions that make a significant difference.

I'm actually heartened to know that some supporters feel as I do and have had the courage to speak out. I'll be supporting the petition.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:54 am

Just to be clear... Foxsports are so incompetent they can't even copy their rival media's stories without stuffing them up. When they say "allowing for a new physio to join the Pies" they are butchering the facts.

The club has advertised for a physio because long-standing physio Dave Francis retired from the job. This was heard early by a Nickster and confirmed on Copeland Trophy night. You can see this in the Nick's Copeland Trophy thread: http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1939945#1939945 .

The new physio is just a replacement for Francis. That's all. The club does not need more money for that unless they pay this replacement much more than they paid Francis.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:00 am

A change.org petition! Now I’ve seen it all. Laughing
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:10 pm

The AFL media really are disgraceful.

Collingwood can address the problem, and the media will find a way to bag it. But Collingwood sells and gets hits. So let's write a story.

I am really sick of the AFL media and their doomsday reporting. The Grundy contract is also a lose-lose as far as reporting goes. We'll either fail to keep the best player in the league or cave into player demands.

We really need to win the flag to shut them up.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:03 pm

David wrote:
A change.org petition! Now I’ve seen it all. Laughing

Doesn't the Gofundme page come next?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:25 pm

No-one signed my petition against Tofu so I'm not signing this one!
tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:54 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
No-one signed my petition against Tofu so I'm not signing this one!

Where's the link - I'll sign - I share your distaste for tofu!

tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:08 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
I am sure the the Collingwood Football Club is all over this

I wish I had your confidence and faith Born to Pie, I really do. I'm not being sarcastic either, but wistful. Sad

However, the stuffing around they did with JDG all season - why wait until the finals before sending him to Germany?? - was the final straw for me that made me seriously doubt that the medical/conditioning team have all the necessary skills and information they need. This was after getting down how many fit players during the middle of the season -was it 26 or something??? It wasn't just a one-off situation either - this problem has going on for quite a few seasons now.

An external review can't hurt - except to ruffle Eddie's feathers (which need a bit of a shake up I reckon! Wink ). The club can afford it and it may just provide some suggestions that make a significant difference.

I'm actually heartened to know that some supporters feel as I do and have had the courage to speak out. I'll be supporting the petition.

Well said PP. I also support the petition. As you say, a review can't hurt. So many supporters bagging the club throughout the past seasons over the handling of injuries, so it's about time some heat was turned up on the club over this issue. Fixing the crisis is quite possibly the single biggest thing that can be done to improve our on-field performance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: