Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Your Teams?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:38 pm
Post subject: Your Teams?Reply with quote

Main supporter:

NBA: Chicago Bulls (Soft spot for Boston Celtics).

NHL: Vancouver Canucks.

BBL: Melbourne Stars.

A-League: Melbourne Victory.

Minor Supporter:

NBL: Hmmm.... Been following Melbourne United a little bit. (But I used to like the Magic back in the 90s).

AIHL: Melbourne Ice.

NFL: Washington Redskins.

MLB: Chicago White Sox.

EPL: Newcastle United.

Other soccer codes: MLS - Vancouver Whitecaps. Bundesliga - SC Freiburg. Serie A - AC Milan. La Liga - Real Madrid. Championship (And Below) - MK Dons.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Canucks, Stars, Green Bay, AC Milan, the Netherlands in international soccer, Melbourne Storm. I watch the baseball but don’t barrack and - despite real efforts - cannot force my eyes to stay open during a basketball game. My main sporting interest apart from Collingwood (which is more a matter of religious observance than a sport) is whether Brett Favre will come out of retirement - I’d give a lot to see the Great Man play again; after that, I am interested in how Van Basten’s rehab on that wonky ankle is going.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:08 pm

Victoria, in SS & the One-day comp.

Renegades, in the BBL.

The Southern Stars.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
K 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:07 pm
Post subject: Re: Your Teams?Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
Main supporter:
Minor Supporter:

When and how did you make all these choices? Does it make you feel promiscuous?
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:31 am
Post subject: Re: Your Teams?Reply with quote

K wrote:
When and how did you make all these choices? Does it make you feel promiscuous?

Quote:
promiscuous

adjective
having or characterized by many transient sexual relationships.
"promiscuous teenagers"

I'm just a teenage dirtbag, K. You asked for it, you got it....

Main supporter: Main because, like Collingwood, I consider myself a big fan.

NBA: Chicago Bulls (Soft spot for Boston Celtics).
Uncle was a jockey in Canada/USA. Sent us some stuff for xmas one year. I got Bulls stuff, my brother got Celtics stuff. Thats how we chose our teams. We both stuck with those teams and it was about 3 years before Chicago won the first of their 6 titles. Never seen them live.

NHL: Vancouver Canucks.
Canadian parent. Home town team. Probably my second fave after Collingwood. Lived in BC for a little while, been to lots of games. Considering a visit early next year. The season not long going, they're going ok so far.

BBL: Melbourne Stars.
Just went with them as the MCG tenant. They truly are the Collingwood of the BBL. Also worked with old coach Greg Shipperd in a former job.

A-League: Melbourne Victory.
Jumped on at the beginning. Might have got with Heart if they came in at the same time, but wouldn't have liked City, so glad they didnt.

Minor Supporter: Minor because I fall behind in news and could struggle to name all the players, etc. Maybe I should have said casual supporter.

NBL: Hmmm.... Been following Melbourne United a little bit. (But I used to like the Magic back in the 90s).
Used to go heaps in the 90's. Magic Vs Tigers games were always fun. Have tried to get back into it in recent seasons. Been to games in the last two finals series. Watching on TV when I can.

AIHL: Melbourne Ice. Stadium in Oakleigh was near where I grew up. Since moving to O'Brien Icehouse, I've been a number of times. I really like hockey and I like going with people new to the game. Had the pleasure of taking some former Collingwood players a few years back.

NFL: Washington Redskins. Cousin was born in Vancouver, but raised near D.C. I never really had a team, but once Sav was their punter and I had regular contact with my cousin, the deal was done. Saw them live in London a couple seasons back.

CFL: BC Lions. How could I forget. Ha! They win the Grey Cup enough times to keep you happy. I have a hoodie of theirs around somewhere. Never been to a game tho.

MLB: Chicago White Sox. Jordan thing I guess. Black and white thing I guess. Liked the shoeless Joe Jackson thing and yeah I just went with it. Never seen them live, but have seen them win a world series.

NRL: Melbourne Storm. Hometown team, never been to a game. Probably should. I sort of keep up with news and ladder position, etc.

Union: Rebels.... I havnt got a fkn clue.

EPL: Newcastle United. Everyone says "oh because its the Magpies?". But I had a friend who's family supported them when i was in primary school, and I went with it. I guess the jumper helped. Have seen them live twice and it was fkn great!

Other soccer codes: MLS - Vancouver Whitecaps. Vancouver thing. Seen them live Vs NYRB. Cahil was playing for NY and people in the crowd started singing "Archie Thompson" to me.

Bundesliga - SC Freiburg. My Mrs sister moved there for a job/boyfriend who was from that area. Went to one game and again... they mentioned Archie Thompson. They are doing well this year too it seems. No longer in contact with the sisters bf though.

Serie A - AC Milan. Should be Juvi, but followed Beckham. Never been to a game. Not really fussed tbh.

La Liga - Real Madrid. Followed Beckham. Never been to a game, but have seen Barcelona. Not really fussed tbh.

Championship (And Below) - MK Dons. Lived near that area for a couple years. Saw a brutal fight between police, MK Dons fans and Wimbledon fans once. I guess I sort of follow Luton, but a lot of people I didnt like followed them too. Ha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oZ4bC5Mpvs

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:13 am

AFL: Collingwood

Premier League: Chelsea

Tennis: Djokovic, Tsitsipas and Tsonga

With regard to football (soccer), my passion for Chelsea is on par for my passion for Collingwood, but I have a soft spot for Inter Milan in the Serie A.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:30 am

When and how did you make these choices? Does it make you feel like a eunuch?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: