Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The "Official Nick's BB" Trump Impeachment thread!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great cartoonist.

Quote:
Heres a thought though, if Dumpf was convinced that there was corruption in Ukraine why did he not ask the CIA, the FBI, the NSA or a plethora of other US agencies to do the investigating?

The lefts new found respect for, and faith in, institutions like the CIA, FBI etc. is pretty amazing.
You may not like Cheeto Man but compared to these guys he's Mother Theresa.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:13 pm

https://twitter.com/i/status/1194719985161179146
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:17 pm

David wrote:
Just think Ben Garrison but for the #Resistance left.

The Financial Review is a well known bastion of the Militant Left!
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:28 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Great cartoonist.

Quote:
Heres a thought though, if Dumpf was convinced that there was corruption in Ukraine why did he not ask the CIA, the FBI, the NSA or a plethora of other US agencies to do the investigating?

The lefts new found respect for, and faith in, institutions like the CIA, FBI etc. is pretty amazing.
You may not like Cheeto Man but compared to these guys he's Mother Theresa.

It's not a matter suddenly finding faith in US Intelligence

It's a straight out question.

IF the POTUS thought there was corruption in Ukraine involving Hunter and Joe Biden why did he not get the US Secret Services to investigate?
They are THE most powerful Instigation Unit in the World and all he has to do is send a memo over to Bill Barr and it's done!

Any thoughts about that?
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:43 pm

3.14159 wrote:
David wrote:
Just think Ben Garrison but for the #Resistance left.

The Financial Review is a well known bastion of the Militant Left!

Touche! (Still sticking with the Garrison analogy, though. Wink)

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Leaving the politics aside, Garrison isn't Rowes bootlace what it comes to artist merit!
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Interesting piece from the Washington post.

According to Taylors testimony, in June in a Ukrainian restaurant the most famous EU ambassador in history, Gordan Soldland called Trump on his private phone and in front of witnesses.
Forget what they may or may not have been said (the 2 spoke the day before on a secure line at the US Embassy so it must have been a follow-up call) or why the EU ambassador was in Ukraine in the first place
Kiev is probably the most Monitored communication network in the world right now and it doesn't take an Einstien to realize that whatever was said on theat call is now in the possession of Vladamir Putin.
Big deal maybe but now Putin has the power to release the contents of the call or with-hold it (depending on which way they would like American public opinion to jump) providing yet another opportunity for the Russians to blackmail the POTS!
.... This is only one call (that we currently know of) and it's probably not just Sondland!
You have to wonder how many times he rang Mayor Rudy on a private ph to get updates on what-ever Guiliani was up to?
If this breach of security wasn't so serious it would be laughable considering Drumpf based his whole 2016 Election campaign around Clinton's use of a non-secure server and the so-called missing Emails.
Sondland is in serious danger of being charged with perjury (despite changing his written testimony) and breaching National Security, the very thing Trump wanted Clinton locked-up for!
Sondland is just starting to learn that doing the Presidents dirty work isn't easy as the Pres' would like him to believe!
After the call Sondland is heard to have said Trump cares more about what-ever Guiliani was doing than Ukrainian security but that's another story.
I wonder how the Ukrainians feel about that?
Not best pleased I imagine and it may leave them considering how much loyalty they should show towards Trump and what they should say to US investigators if they come calling!

Last week the Pres told media he hardly knows Sondland (despite the Eu Ambassador being handpicked by Trump for the job and calling him on his private phone)! It can't be too long before he is thrown under the proverbial bus!
....or is that "under the proverbial Trump Train"?

btw,...It's more than Ironic that his efforts to co-opt a Foreign power to smear a Political rival look like it will be his undoing this time around!

Ha ha kerplonk!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/powerup/2019/11/14/powerup-gordon-sondland-has-a-lot-of-explaining-to-do-impeachment-investigators-are-getting-ready/5dccbc4988e0fa10ffd20e3d/

Hey Soretoothsayer!
Are you starting to realize why Trump couldn't use US Intelligence to dig up the dirt?
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:52 pm

^ Yay, we're back to Putin again. I knew those dirty Russkies were behind it all.
Do you know I met a bloke who has a cousin who knows a bloke who says Putin has a tape of prostitutes pissing on Trump. Cross my heart, swear to god it's the truth.

So what I'm saying is that after 3 years of media speculation over Trump/Russia and it all ending in a big nothingburger, don't expect me to get excited by the media speculating over Trump/Russia 2.0. As with the first time around, I'll give a toss when I see some proof.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:53 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
^ Yay, we're back to Putin again. I knew those dirty Russkies were behind it all.
Do you know I met a bloke who has a cousin who knows a bloke who says Putin has a tape of prostitutes pissing on Trump. Cross my heart, swear to god it's the truth.

If you know someone that has a tape like that I'd suggest you get ASIO (or a competent facsimile) to dust your doorknob for Novichok!

Though you do raise an important point.
Everything Trump does seems to end up benefitting Russia and it's newfound friend and NATO member Turkey!
Turkey has just announced it will be buying Russia anti-aircraft missile systems mean that the performance specs for all NATO aircraft will be sent directly to Russia.
NATO is furious as are US arms manufacturers and they threaten to buy Russian fighters if the US decides to withdraw Turkey from the F-35 stealth fighter program. Erdogan then says he will buy Russian fighter jets!
Chalk another major intel and arms sales win to Putin!
Trump asks Ukraine to investigate a conspiracy theory that Ukraine, not Russia was the source of the DNC leaks. This C-theory was first raised by an associate of Paul Monforte, the trump campaign manager currently jailed for campaign violations relating to money taken from a Russian businessman with provable links to Russian intelligence. Why? To get Russian sanctions lifted. (He has said repeatedly he wants those sanctions lifted
Trump announces US troops out of Syria, then vetos sanctions and tells Erdogan not to be a tough guy, followed by "it's a bloodsoaked patch of sand and the Kurds didn't fight on the beaches at Normandy and didn't deserve to have US support". (They did btw)
The House of Congress votes almost unanimously to condemn that withdrawal but Trump refuses to sanction Turkey!
The Turks and Russians then invade Kurdish areas previously held by American servicemen. The US Army then has to bomb one of its own bases to stop the Russians occupying it.
End result is US prestige and power in the Mid greatly reduced and another US ally betrayed! (The Kurds that were driving force behind the defeat of ISIS and we assured by the US that America would not forget what they had done and would work towards a negotiated settlement.)!
Who wins? Turkey and Russia, not the Kurds and not the US!
And then there's Ukraine.
6 months ago Russia seizes two Ukraine ships exorcising their freedom of Navigation and imprisons its crew. House and Senate vote increase sanctions, but trump exorcises his veto and the Russians win again.
Holding up military aid greatly reducing Unkraines defences and hand at the bargaining table. Trump has said many times that he wants a negotiated settlement between the two but at the same time, Trump is signalling that they don't care about Ukraine and substantially reducing their ability to meet further attacks and their position at that table...ergo Ukraine should accept Russian annexation.
It isn't Russia doing this but they are repeatedly being the only true beneficiaries of Trumps fly by night foreign policies and America is being looked on by the World as the most fickle (and bumbling) friend imaginable!

Russia is laughing it's head off!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-usa-factbox/factbox-turkeys-russian-missile-deal-strains-ties-with-washington-idUSKCN1U71BH
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:49 pm

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:22 pm

I'd like to say its an entertaining, not to mention fact-laden insightful and cutting rebuttal from the Mark of the recumbent Mind but the best you can do is play the hysterical young girl meme

if you can't argue the facts, say something irrelevant and stupid

Bravo Jan!

Last edited by 3.14159 on Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:30 am

Regards Ukraine.

@RepStefanik : "I just want to get it on record. In terms of defensive lethal aid, which you were an advocate for, that was NOT provided by President Obama. It was provided by President Trump."

Yovanovitch: "That's correct."
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:02 pm

the sortoothsaya wrote:
Regards Ukraine.

@RepStefanik : "I just want to get it on record. In terms of defensive lethal aid, which you were an advocate for, that was NOT provided by President Obama. It was provided by President Trump."

Yovanovitch: "That's correct."

kinda, but it's only a 1/2 truth/alternate truthiness and totally irrelevant to the proceedings

Fact Check:
While the Obama administration was criticized for its refusal to provide lethal assistance to Ukraine, it did provide more than $100 million in security assistance, as well as a significant amount of defense and military equipment.
By March 2015, the US had committed more than $120 million in security assistance for Ukraine and had pledged an additional $75 million worth of equipment including UAVs, counter-mortar radars, night vision devices and medical supplies, according to the Pentagon's Defense Security Cooperation Agency.
That assistance also included some 230 armored Humvee vehicles.

https://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2019/oct/25/matt-gaetz/matt-gaetz-says-obama-permanently-stopped-military/

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/26/politics/donald-trump-barack-obama-ukraine-military-aid-sheets-pillows-fact-check/index.html

Last edited by 3.14159 on Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:18 pm

It's not just me that thinks Trump is putting his own political machinations ahead of the US National Interest!
This 2 page spread is in the Sydney Morning Herald today...

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/trump-had-a-choice-national-security-or-political-obsession-he-chose-the-obsession-20191115-p53awm.html

Last edited by 3.14159 on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:12 pm

From Twitter.

SONDLAND: Hi Mr. President, I’m in Kiev

TRUMP: No, you’re in Ukraine

SONDLAND: Right, in Kiev

TRUMP: Dammit Sondland, you’re supposed to be in Ukraine

SONDLAND: (sighing) Yes, I’m in Ukraine now

TRUMP: Very good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 10 of 24   

Jump to: