Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Malevolent Morrison Muppet Goverment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Anecdotally Liberal voters are ambivalent about all the criticism because it's all they've heard for years from the left and liberal media types. How many times do we get ridiculous nick names, frothing anger and hatred, violence etc? It just doesn't have any impact anymore. Now people who never voted Liberal in their life who hang out with people who never voted Liberal in their life will tell you how angry and fed up the electorate is, but really they have no idea.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:27 pm

David wrote:
What I’m really curious about is whether any of this is having any impact on public perception Morrison’s or the government’s position. Has there been any polling in recent weeks that gives any indication one way or the other? Because if he’s still going strong after this, then the man is truly made of teflon.

Most of those leading the charge on social media are the same ones who threw the toys out of the cot when Labor didn't win the last election.

I'm largely ambivalent and watching. My observation so far is the whole thing blindsided him, he didn't know how to deal with it (clearly neither did his advisors) and he spent the next period alternatively shooting himself in the foot and jamming them in his mouth.

As the time passes though he seems to be pulling his shit together, or at least more together than it was. Any polls now would only be interesting by way of comparison with polls in 6 months time, which I expect will be equal to or better than his polling pre bushfires

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:06 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
What I’m really curious about is whether any of this is having any impact on public perception Morrison’s or the government’s position. Has there been any polling in recent weeks that gives any indication one way or the other? Because if he’s still going strong after this, then the man is truly made of teflon.

Most of those leading the charge on social media are the same ones who threw the toys out of the cot when Labor didn't win the last election.

Nah, yeah, nah

Scotty from Marketing has done it again....

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/bushfire-live-blog-scott-morrison-corrected-after-embarrassing-blunder-on-kangaroo-island/live-coverage/96cf446f23ae27f8e6e1d4fbca3ff92d

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 am

stui magpie wrote:
My observation so far is the whole thing blindsided him, he didn't know how to deal with it (clearly neither did his advisors) and he spent the next period alternatively shooting himself in the foot and jamming them in his mouth.

As the time passes though he seems to be pulling his shit together, or at least more together than it was. Any polls now would only be interesting by way of comparison with polls in 6 months time, which I expect will be equal to or better than his polling pre bushfires

My view is that he and his senior colleagues were blindsided because they live in ivory towers and have no concept of what life is like for "ordinary" Australians. His acute discomfort at being amongst the plebs makes this obvious. It's embarrassing to watch. He has no empathy or understanding for his constituents and is now just mouthing the words he thinks he should be saying and doing the things he thinks he should be doing, simply to win back some popularity and political standing. It's all fake concern to ensure that his political life gets extended.

How I long for a leader who is both intelligent and visionary, but who has some understanding, knowledge and empathy for his/her fellow Australians (in all walks of life) and for their country. In other words, someone who governs for society and environment, as well as the economy. Sadly, there appears to be no-one available who is suitable and willing to fill this role, anywhere in our political landscape. Crying or Very sad
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:14 pm

We had that in Abbott but because he was a hard conservative he got hounded out and we're worse off because of it.

He was out fighting the fires himself as a rank and file volunteer, he genuinely cared and helped ordinary people whenever he could. Instead we first had Banker prick Turnbull and now Morrison who appears out of his depth as PM. When you get put in as an "Anyone but Dutton" revenge leader by Turnbull's crew then win an election against the most unelectable leader that Labor ever had you've got a long road to learn leadership.

Still, it's early days for PM Morrison but he'd better learn the job fast.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:57 pm

The only trouble is that Abbott was totally out of touch in his own way – this was the guy, let’s not forget, who knighted Prince Philip, made Bronwyn Bishop speaker, did everything he could to sabotage the highly popular same-sex marriage campaign and, most damningly, inflicted a right-libertarian austerity budget on a country that had (and has) no appetite for that flavour of politics – a move that probably would have cost the Liberals government if Turnbull hadn’t made his move. Abbott may have had better interpersonal skills than Morrison (though let’s not be too generous), but his political awareness was arguably even worse.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Yeah, I often cringed at some of the things he did. Not sure if it was bad advice/advisors or just pure stubborness. Hockey seemed to be a bad influence as was Credlin and he outright refused to be rid of either of them.

So on one hand Abbott was a bit of a political tin ear but genuine good bloke while Morrison is a shit bloke but is very good at playing politics. I know who I'd rather have in charge and it's not the slick election winning skills guy. Just another indictment on Democracy really, the electorate will always be bamboozled by shysters. Not sure if hoping for a virtuous shyster is a good system.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:13 am

Scotty from marketing is rethinking his ...well ....marketing strategy

"...Newspoll shows eight-point drop in prime minister’s favourability rating after widespread criticism of his handling of the bushfires..."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/13/scott-morrison-suffers-blow-to-personal-approval-rating-in-first-poll-of-2020

Who'd a thunk Shocked

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:08 am

ALP only in front of the Coalition 51-49 two-party-preferred, though. If this is as bad as it gets for them, it's going to be a long decade.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:33 pm

David wrote:
ALP only in front of the Coalition 51-49 two-party-preferred, though. If this is as bad as it gets for them, it's going to be a long decade.

That’s some “if”

Long way to go and more time for the LNP crazy fundamentalists like Scotty, Kelly to have more rope time.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:08 pm

Scott Morrison is finished said increasingly nervous man for seventh time this year.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:57 pm

I'm not sure how a survey of 1500 people could be considered anywhere near reflective of the whole country. I expect the numbers would fluctuate seriously between electorates.

For what it's worth though, the LNP is still ahead of Labor on the primary vote according to the poll and the Greens primary vote only went up by 1%.

I'll be very surprised if dip holds through winter

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:27 am

Oh dear, Scotty of Marketing is on the nose with the public of Australia Shocked

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/14/essential-poll-more-voters-disapprove-of-scott-morrison-and-see-him-as-arrogant

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:43 pm

Scotty from Marketing will still most likely win the next election.

The fact that the TPP is 49-51 as it stands is an indictment on Labor.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:52 pm

Jezza wrote:
Scotty from Marketing will still most likely win the next election.

The fact that the TPP is 49-51 as it stands is an indictment on Labor.

49-51 Just after an election? methinks not. Nice try though Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 8 of 24   

Jump to: