Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Malevolent Morrison Muppet Goverment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Your Majesty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buw5WufsP5k

Nails it. Simply why Scotty from Marketing has to go

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:50 pm

Was kind of with it until near the end, but that call to action is a pretty empty gesture. What’s the point of starting a campaign around something that is a) impossible and b) would be an awful precedent even if it was?

Eleanor Robertson is a truly terrible Guardian op-ed writer, but I have to admit that her response made me laugh:

Quote:
I hope the queen sacks scomo so that we can have another election that labor will lose to peter dutton

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:52 pm

This whole attack on ScoMo thing is weird, like do you want PM Dutton? Because that's how you get PM Dutton
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:59 pm

David wrote:
Was kind of with it until near the end, but that call to action is a pretty empty gesture. What’s the point of starting a campaign around something that is a) impossible and b) would be an awful precedent even if it was?

Eleanor Robertson is a truly terrible Guardian op-ed writer, but I have to admit that her response made me laugh:

Quote:
I hope the queen sacks scomo so that we can have another election that labor will lose to peter dutton

Yes, Dutton is learning to count.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:16 am

Wokko wrote:
This whole attack on ScoMo thing is weird, like do you want PM Dutton? Because that's how you get PM Dutton

Personally I think it’s disgusting, it’s bullying. I don’t know much about him, bu5 no one deserves what he is copping, that whole bullshit no one told me about the three thousand is bizarre

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:22 am

think positive wrote:
I don’t know much about him, bu5 no one deserves what he is copping

To be fair, I think he might be one of the very few people who actually does.

One thing I agree with Jordies on is that, even by the standards of recent Liberal prime ministers, he’s a man with stunningly few redeeming features. Even his religious belief seems a complete sham; there’s no trace of it in his personal or political approach.

As an exercise, try to think of some positive character traits of the last few PMs (each of whom have been deeply flawed in their own way). In most cases, it’s not that hard:

Howard: mostly called it as he saw it; clear principles
Rudd: intelligent; workaholic; big ideas
Gillard: gutsy; got stuff done
Abbott: dedicated to helping others in his personal life; charmingly eccentric
Turnbull: forward-thinking; good communicator

Morrison? Nope. Got nothing. Let me know if you can come up with anything, because the only words coming to my mind right now are "vain", "smug", "mean-spirited", "lazy", "heartless", "aloof", "visionless" and "incompetent". He was a placeholder PM, and that was just about right; just not sure how we managed to get stuck with him for another three years.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:21 am

That’s your opinion.

It’s no excuse for bullying. He’s damned no matter what he does. I’m trying hard these days not to attack anyone personally, it’s not necessary and not nice.

Except umpires

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:37 am

^^ Oh please, TP! He's the phucking pm who has been a terrible disappointment when the country is going through it's worse national disaster in modern times. God bothering wanker probably thinks the day of reckoning is coming so he's getting turned on. Deserves everything he gets and more.

Wokko has a good point but yes, I do want Dutton to be PM as I figure he will fast track the demise of the far right.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:15 am

The far right doesn't exist in this country, the 'far right' would be tea party style libertarians on one hand and hard core nationalists on the other and neither group has anything beyond token representation (David Leyonhjelm's brief stint as a Libertarian and Anning ditto as a Nationlist).

The 'far right' boogie man is just ridiculous. Hate the Libs all you want but try and maintain some semblance of reality.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:18 am

think positive wrote:
That’s your opinion.

It’s no excuse for bullying. He’s damned no matter what he does. I’m trying hard these days not to attack anyone personally, it’s not necessary and not nice.

Except umpires

TP it's his role as a leader and his disgraceful behaviour: not just with the fires as PM but a lot ealier. He's the most powerful man in Australia.

Then again:

"Nation Begins To Understand Why Scotty Got The Arse From All Those Marketing Jobs"

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/nation-begins-to-understand-why-scotty-got-the-arse-from-all-those-marketing-jobs/

Wink

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:37 am

He's a family man who's been with the same woman since they were 16. Even ex priest in training Abbott had the odd scandal.

The lefties just hate him because he stole the election that they'd been celebrating for the past year. He's had some missteps when it comes to these fires but I think it's just bitter, angry, impotent Labor/Greens supporters trying to bring down their 'enemy'. It's not going to matter one iota at the next election, but if they want to keep crying in the rain then let them have their therapy rants.

The QLD Premier, the one who is actually responsible for fire fighting policy, being a State issue and all, has gone on a holiday cruise during the fires and not a peep from the usual suspects either around here or in the media. QLD also cut the rural fire service budget by 25%, again not something that is being crowed about. It's all just party political nonsense.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/bushfires-double-standards-call-on-qld-premier-annastacia-palaszczuks-leave/news-story/5e22112d2b8e7c85f42bac67fd7e7624
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:40 am

Wokko wrote:
The far right doesn't exist in this country, the 'far right' would be tea party style libertarians on one hand and hard core nationalists on the other and neither group has anything beyond token representation (David Leyonhjelm's brief stint as a Libertarian and Anning ditto as a Nationlist).

The 'far right' boogie man is just ridiculous. Hate the Libs all you want but try and maintain some semblance of reality.

I'm pretty sure you know what I mean but are just being pedantic, so for your benefit let me put it this way: There is a divide in the liberal party, and I think it would be a good thing for Dutton's group to be in power because it would fast track their disintegration. It is this group within the Libs that I hate, not the party as a whole, and I do not consider libertarians to be a part of the Liberal party.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:51 am

After Turnbull killed the far left of the Liberal party what'd be left? ScoMo? Laughing
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:38 pm

Hahahaha, I guess so.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:58 pm

What I’m really curious about is whether any of this is having any impact on public perception Morrison’s or the government’s position. Has there been any polling in recent weeks that gives any indication one way or the other? Because if he’s still going strong after this, then the man is truly made of teflon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 7 of 24   

Jump to: