Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Malevolent Morrison Muppet Goverment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Actors get a profile because they can act, not because they actually have any special knowledge. Being a celebrity doesn't make you smart, it just means you're a celebrity.

Teenagers................

Scientists, large pool there, many of them miss named. A paid academic researcher isn't the same as a scientist. I'm a fan of science, but I'm not someone who goes with the herd.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:32 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Yeah, my personal policy is to treat the opinions of teenagers and actors with all the weight they deserve.

None.

nah, she's always called it like it is Smile still does

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:41 pm

^

If you start quoting Tom Cruise I'm calling for an intervention. Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:21 pm

So while one celebrity tries to score points on Twitter, another puts her money where her mouth is

Quote:
They took to social media in a bid to raise big bucks — and they succeeded.

American pop star Pink donated $500,000, while comedian Celeste Barber appealed to her thousands of social media followers to chip in.

They did — to the tune of almost $10 million.

Key points:
Pink told her 32 million Twitter followers she was "totally devastated" about the fires
Meanwhile, a joint ABC-Red Cross appeal has raised millions for bushfire relief
The star power has sparked massive donations, but more locally there is also a groundswell of support
Australia's deadly bushfire crisis has made international headlines, and help is coming in all shapes and sizes.

Big tick to Pink, Bette Midler, kindly piss off.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-04/fire-help-sparked-by-celebrities-pink-and-celeste-barber/11840838

Quote:
P!nk
@Pink
I am totally devastated watching what is happening in Australia right now with the horrific bushfires. I am pledging a donation of $500,000 directly to the local fire services that are battling so hard on the frontlines. My heart goes out to our friends and family in Oz ❤️

No bullshit political opinions, just action.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:09 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So while one celebrity tries to score points on Twitter, another puts her money where her mouth is

Quote:
They took to social media in a bid to raise big bucks — and they succeeded.

American pop star Pink donated $500,000, while comedian Celeste Barber appealed to her thousands of social media followers to chip in.

They did — to the tune of almost $10 million.

Key points:
Pink told her 32 million Twitter followers she was "totally devastated" about the fires
Meanwhile, a joint ABC-Red Cross appeal has raised millions for bushfire relief
The star power has sparked massive donations, but more locally there is also a groundswell of support
Australia's deadly bushfire crisis has made international headlines, and help is coming in all shapes and sizes.

Big tick to Pink, Bette Midler, kindly piss off.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-04/fire-help-sparked-by-celebrities-pink-and-celeste-barber/11840838

Quote:
P!nk
@Pink
I am totally devastated watching what is happening in Australia right now with the horrific bushfires. I am pledging a donation of $500,000 directly to the local fire services that are battling so hard on the frontlines. My heart goes out to our friends and family in Oz ❤️

No bullshit political opinions, just action.

Nah, both are good, just one is better

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:14 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

If you start quoting Tom Cruise I'm calling for an intervention. Wink

Bette Midler is better known to me as a singer / comedienne / raunchy funny woman / burlesque performer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rchiR93csY8

Last edited by watt price tully on Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:16 pm

Friggin iPhone.....it couldn't possibly be the user Wink

Last edited by watt price tully on Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Scientists, large pool there, many of them miss named. A paid academic researcher isn't the same as a scientist. I'm a fan of science, but I'm not someone who goes with the herd.

For a minute there I thought you were against the fossil fuel funded herd but no, not that herd.

Carry on. Normal transmission restored.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:36 pm

The world has made the link between coal, climate change and bushfires and Scotty from Marketing has helped damage Australia’s international reputation

https://www.theage.com.au/environment/climate-change/the-world-has-made-the-link-between-australian-coal-fires-and-climate-20200103-p53omu.html

Yep, looks like Bette’s view of Scotty is not just her view alone but shared by many including firefighters, people who have lost their homes and many in the international community.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:39 pm

Scotty from Marketing seems to be getting worse. His decision making is friggin’ unbelievable. WTF

The increasingly impressive Catherine Murphy:

"Scott Morrison's political ad is a bizarre act of self-love as firefighters battle to save Australia"

"The prime minister’s promotional video was staggeringly objectionable and highlights his failure to lead"

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/04/scott-morrisons-political-ad-is-a-bizarre-act-of-self-love-as-firefighters-battle-to-save-australia

David Marr's astutue view:

"...As the bushfire crisis became even more grave, the PM’s office released his promises of ships and troops to music. Yes, a jingle..."

PM tries to present himself as a leader reborn – but you just can’t take the marketing out of Scotty

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/04/pm-tries-to-present-himself-as-a-leader-reborn-but-you-just-cant-take-the-marketing-out-of-scotty

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:16 pm

A number of senior Labor party figures publicly slammed the video, with former prime minister Kevin Rudd saying the promo showed Mr Morrison no longer deserved to be in The Lodge.

"For God’s sake! On a day we have catastrophic fire conditions, in the midst of a genuine national crisis, Morrison, the marketing guy, does what? He releases a Liberal Party ad! He is no longer fit to hold the high office of prime minister," Mr Rudd

Neil James from the Australian Defence Association said the advertisement politicised the defence force.

"The intention of the ad (video), exemplified by its nature & the speed of its production, is a clear breach of the non-partisanship convention," he said.

"It is also completely unnecessary given the prior departmental and ministerial media releases publicly explaining ADF support to rural fire services," he said.

Steve Bracks, the former Labor premier of Victoria, said the video was as low as you could get in politics.

"Wow. It is hard to go much lower than advertisements spruiking the Federal Governments response in the middle of the Nations bushfire crisis," Mr Bracks said

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/for-god-s-sake-rudd-says-pm-unfit-for-job-after-liberal-party-bushfire-ad-20200105-p53ow7.html

Morrison needs to resign. Incompetent and a f*ckup.

Last edited by watt price tully on Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:19 pm

^ LOL coming from a narcissistic f**kwit like Rudd.

Rudd should go back to NYC and stay there.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Jezza wrote:
^ LOL coming from a narcissistic f**kwit like Rudd.

Rudd should go back to NYC and stay there.

Don't be silly, also came from Neil James my conservative friend (and almost anyone else who isn't right-wing bat shit crazy)

To be fair I added Neil James while you posted.

Scotty from marketing has utterly f*cked up here big time. The donations to the bush-fires were going straight to the Liberal party till it was picked up by those wanting to donate.

Trying to make political capital out of the bush fires is disgraceful and you shouldn't be supporting that by Morrison. Incompetent & inept

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:03 pm

Trying to make political capital out of the bushfires is open slather at the moment. It's disgraceful.

Morrison has successfully managed to tip a bucket of excrement on his own head at ever turn recently. The level of vitriol is undeserved but expected, that's not to say he hasn't been utterly tone deaf and screwed the pooch with how he's behaved.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:32 pm

”Distraught PM wondering if anyone will ask him how Hawaii was”

https://m.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/distraught-prime-minister-wondering-if-anyone-will-ask-him-how-hawaii-was/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 6 of 24   

Jump to: