Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jay Rantall (40), Trent Bianco (45), Trey Ruscoe (55)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicks will implode if we draft a small.

I like the sound of him, but I think we'll be looking at talls.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:43 am

^Agree rather a tall BUT would totally accept a smaller player who is best 22 than waste it on a tall spud
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:49 am

neil wrote:
^Agree rather a tall BUT would totally accept a smaller player who is best 22 than waste it on a tall spud

Correct Neil, the draft appears thin on quality talls and most likely any quality will be gone before 35. Let the imploders implode and laugh at them for their lack of understanding.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Nicks will implode if we draft a small.

I like the sound of him, but I think we'll be looking at talls.

BF through Knightmare have mentioned

#61 Collingwood - Ben Sokol
A goalkicking medium forward, Ben Sokol won the Simpson Medal for best on ground in the WAFL Grand Final. Sokol was the WAFL’s leading goalkicker, kicking 60 goals from 20 games while also taking a competition high 166 marks. A hard-leading forward, Sokol demonstrates a high work rate, has a strong body and has developed a reputation for having the strongest hands overhead outside the AFL. *35 on my draft board.

Also this bloke:

104 - Collingwood - Haiden Schloithe
Winning the 2017 Sandover Medal ahead of then teammate Tim Kelly, former Fremantle rookie Haiden Schloithe remains one of the best players outside the AFL. The classy 26-year-old midfielder/forward has averaged almost 26 disposals per game over the past three seasons while averaging more than one goal per game each year.

And this bloke:

Bigoa ‘Biggy’ Nyuon

Bigoa Nyuon
Dandenong Stingrays | Ruck/Key Forward
18/05/2001 | 196cm | 86kg

Stats: 14 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 2 rebound 50s, 5 inside 50s, 15 hitouts, 1 goal

Our scouts said: “Nyuon had some good moments in the ruck and forward for the Stingrays… He was able to expose his opponent once the ball hit the ground, spreading to space to create an option forward or get in intercepting positions.” – Craig Byrnes

Verdict: The raw and athletic tall continues to show glimpses of his best form, with enough there to suggest he’ll be an easy choice for St Kilda come draft time as a Next Generation Academy (NGA) member. His combination of aerial ability, ground level cleanliness and winding runs make Nyuon an exciting prospect, with his versatility in the key position posts an admirable trait. He loves a goal and celebration too, and seems a much-loved teammate.
[u]

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/tag/bigoa-nyuon/

amongst others...

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:45 pm

I’m hoping we do pick up Sokol; nothing wrong with selecting players who know how to kick a goal
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:44 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I’m hoping we do pick up Sokol; nothing wrong with selecting players who know how to kick a goal

We have quite a Few of his type on:

- De Goey
- Elliot
- WHE
- Thomas
- Stephenson
- Daicos

Why get another one?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

We have quite a Few of his type on:

- De Goey
- Elliot
- WHE
- Thomas
- Stephenson
- Daicos

Why get another one?

Because he is a reliable goal kicker unlike some of the above.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:15 pm

FWIW I say this every year. Pick the best available player. Quality is sometimes not negotiable. We have enough bad luck without knocking back a quality player for a specific positional player. At pick 35 it is senseless not to go for the best a available🥺😗
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:04 pm

I think it's fairly obvious that we wont be signing any delisted players, with 3 senior spots to fill from the draft and 2 rookie spots to fill.

That and we probably cant afford to be offering any contracts to any delisted players and, well, who is left that helps us out that we cant jump on in the RD??

Thinking about Rookie Draft ideas:
(Lynden Dunn will be re-rookied, so really we'll only have one spot to fill there).

Tom Jok (Former VFL player (existing report), 190cm, 22 years old).

Mitch Brown (Emergency KPP. Fitness freak, no injuries. 196cm, 29 years old).

Riley Grundy (Talked about earlier, younger brother, but question marks over his ability. 194cm, 19 years old).

Nick Robertson (Tough and aggressive. Helps cover Greenwood injury as a tagger. 190cm, 24 years old).

Ben Keays (Very highly rated when U19. Medium-Forward, 186cm, 22 years old).

Dale Thomas (Former player, can cover Levi injury. 185cm, 32 years old).

Matthew Broadbent (Another that could fill in for Levi. 189cm, 29 years old.)

Lachie Henderson (Depth FF option. 196cm, 29 years old).

Billy Stretch (Dunno if good enough? 183cm, 23 years old).

Jay Kennedy-Harris (Highly rated in U19. Needs a new start. 175cm, 24 years old).

Cody Hirst (I hope someone gives him a shot. 180cm, 19 years old).

And if you want a quick chuckle; Brendon Goddard (193cm, 34 years old).

Question time:

I guess while we are in the window, do we go for an experienced player? Someone that can fill a role if needed. Or do we go for youth and take a shot on someone that missed out in the ND?

If Levi is a LTI, is there a window for filling his position? Or would that be in the Mid Season Draft next year?

And what's the deal with Harley Bennell? Are Melbourne planning to take him in the PSD? Leaving Carlton clear to jump on Martin? Bennell surely wont last long if he's in the RD.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Unlike most, it seems, I think we need a genuine quality midfielder to develop over the next 3 yrs or so, to fill the major gaps when we lose Pendles, Sidey and Beams.

I'm not sure that Callum Brown or Josh Daicos will emerge as A grade mids, which is what we will need.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:18 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Unlike most, it seems, I think we need a genuine quality midfielder to develop over the next 3 yrs or so, to fill the major gaps when we lose Pendles, Sidey and Beams.

I'm not sure that Callum Brown or Josh Daicos will emerge as A grade mids, which is what we will need.

Don’t get me started. This is the exact reason why I was against investing two early picks on a 29 year old with question marks on his durability.
It’s not a knock on the quality of Beams as a player but I had questioned the big picture strategy from day one.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:00 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Don’t get me started. This is the exact reason why I was against investing two early picks on a 29 year old with question marks on his durability. It’s not a knock on the quality of Beams as a player but I had questioned the big picture strategy from day one.

It was a gamble, it didn't pay off (yet?). If we win a flag with him playing I don't think many would begrudge it

Rogue2k0 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:15 am

After a smart, quick Aboriginal player - hoping someone like Kysiah Pickett, Tyrone Thorne or Malcolm Rosas.

Also another Tall or 2 - like Ben Kelly (Quick, 200cm and 96kg - defender or ruck) and/or Callum Jamieson (200cm ruck/forward)

With Ned Kelly coming out and saying the Club wants to get experience into the current crop of young players like Tyler Brown, Will Kelly, Isaac Quaynor, Josh Daicos etc..., we could do with some TALLS, especially ones who can play in defence or forward.

Ben Kelly is a good size for that BIG bodied Defender who can play on a Ben King OR Tom Lynch down the track.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Don’t get me started. This is the exact reason why I was against investing two early picks on a 29 year old with question marks on his durability.
It’s not a knock on the quality of Beams as a player but I had questioned the big picture strategy from day one.

aside from Sier and wills I think there are big wraps on Tyler Brown as an emerging big bodied mid. Obviously Jaidyn and Degoey will see more midfield minutes and hopefully Reef next year will continue to develop to be a first round equivalent steal

69 years a MAGPIE Libra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:19 am

"Riley Grundy (Talked about earlier, younger brother, but question marks over his ability. 194cm, 19 years old)."
Hey Brodey, how would you like to have your brother as a house mate and on our rookie list?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15   

Jump to: