Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post-Trade Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I generally agree with your assessment of Liverpool MP, however, Klopp has also over seen the recruitment of a few big moneyed players over the last couple of years. Go Reds and Go Pies!

I guess the most expensive recent departure was Philippe Coutinho (142m), so that money must have been spent on some arrivals.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:45 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I generally agree with your assessment of Liverpool MP, however, Klopp has also over seen the recruitment of a few big moneyed players over the last couple of years. Go Reds and Go Pies!

Yep Van Dijk and Allison were big but the rest were bought with reasonable and astute buying.

It is a bit rich comparing the two money wise but Klopp has a philosophy of building from within and developing players by giving them belief. Hes a hugger too and I cant help comparing Klopp and Buckley everytime I see them hug their players. Its not much but its something.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:48 am

Rogue2k0 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
I think we all get caught up in the instant gratification of a ready made player trade. Think about it, for every trade that works, one doesn’t.
Cohesion and team dynamics change dramatically when new players come in and former team mates go out.
I seriously doubt whether any REALISTIC ready made player trade into our list would make any real difference to where we will finish in 2020.

Tell that to Richmond who won a 2nd GF in 3 years after adding Lynch and Pickett
In the 1st GF they added Caddy, Prestia and Nankervis.

"Definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result". Unless we make changes to our Best 22 - we won't win a GF, because the previous 2x22's couldn't.

You might want to pose that question to the sixteen other clubs who haven’t won a flag in the last 3 years. Pretty sure they all did trades and yet some have gone backwards.
There’s a premier every year, so what are the other 16 clubs doing so right that Collingwood aren’t when they all trade and don’t win a flag ?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:46 am

It’s reset time all around as 2019 was started with so much positivity

We had a good season but dropped off at the sharp end now

2020 and whilst others are seen to have improved their lists we
appear to have little change in ours

It is a more a mountain than a hill next season

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:15 am

BazBoy wrote:
It’s reset time all around as 2019 was started with so much positivity

We had a good season but dropped off at the sharp end now

2020 and whilst others are seen to have improved their lists we
appear to have little change in ours

I'm optimistic. We didn't lose the Prelim because of holes in our list. Our final quarter should be enough to demonstrate what could have been if we had of played four quarters. The Grand Final result only proved that GWS were impostors who didn't deserve to be there. It was an easy kill for Richmond. The Tigers wouldn't have done that to us.

Then to 2018 ...five points short of a flag with many key personnel out or underdone. If anybody fell short by a kick, I wouldn't think turning over the list and getting extra busy at trade period would be the right move. Richmond brought in Nankervis, Prestia and Caddy after being knocked out of two or three finals series' without a win, and by big margins. They got Lynch after getting badly thrashed by us in 2018. I'd say on those two occasions they fell way short and needed to bring in players to fill holes. The only thing I see that we need is a big KPF like Jeremy Cameron. Our list still has plenty of mileage as it stands. Maybe if Grundy / the mids can get more effective clearances for his ruck dominance that would be a start.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:51 am

Didn’t mean to infer we are not a genuine threat and all six finals we have had flat spots which cost ——for the most part over those six we were in it

I’m also optimistic

Croat_Pie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:57 am

piedys wrote:
Cam wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Picks 35, 62, 74

That is rubbish!

Yeah it's like getting hints all year your folks will buy you that flash bicycle you've been begging for... and you wake up on Christmas Day to find jocks and socks.

Santas Claus you $#$#, where's me #$%#$% bike,
I've unwrapped all this other junk and there's nothing that I like

I've wrote ya *&^*(&%$% letters, and I've come to see ya twice
Ya dirty filthy *&^*(&%$% %$^%$�$%, you forgot me *&^*(&%$% bike!

KBW Laughing

"I saw mummy s&*$%ng Santa Clauuusssss"
Croat_Pie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:57 am

piedys wrote:
Cam wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Picks 35, 62, 74

That is rubbish!

Yeah it's like getting hints all year your folks will buy you that flash bicycle you've been begging for... and you wake up on Christmas Day to find jocks and socks.

Santas Claus you $#$#, where's me #$%#$% bike,
I've unwrapped all this other junk and there's nothing that I like

I've wrote ya *&^*(&%$% letters, and I've come to see ya twice
Ya dirty filthy *&^*(&%$% %$^%$�$%, you forgot me *&^*(&%$% bike!

KBW Laughing

"I saw mummy s&*$%ng Santa Clauuusssss"
Doug44 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:04 am

K wrote:
Draft picks: 35, 62, 74.

It'll need a miracle to make something out of that.

But look at our picks next year. We don't need all those given our needs. We'll trade some of those for a 1st round this year, you watch.

Have people forgotten that we can't still trade picks>?

Correct me if I'm wrong but Gold Coast don't get the same hand our next year do they? So they have picks 1 and 2 this year, they have enough kids, they don't really need that pick 15. Wouldn't they rather our next year's first round for it?

That way they still get the two best players in the draft this year, and guarantee two first round choices next year. Rather than having 3 this year and only 1 next year.

We don't need a first round next year because we just need points to get Reef and we have two 2nd rounders.

However they do it, pick 35 won't end up being our first pick.

Take the emotion out of it guys, they do know what they're doing.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:52 am

BazBoy wrote:

But our mountains aren't funny, they're hill areas...

Seriously though, losing Aish, as much as he was a solid, dependable player who always did the team thing; I don't know that there was another level for him to reach. He had a high floor, but a low ceiling.

We saw last year the potential of Noble and IQ, along with Murphy in 2018. These are the players whose ceiling is high.

The fact 2 x HBF were on the table indicates the selection panel / coaches think the youngsters are deserving of more opportunity and can provide more to team success.

From all reports, T. Brown is something special and we need to find a spot for him to taste senior footy to further develop. Having good, solid bu unspectacular player holding down spots in the 22 can stunt the development of youngsters with more upside. Yes, every team needs role players and can't have 22 superstars, but some of these may better perform the role.

It's been said on here that to succeed from one year to the next, you need to make changes... Our changes could very well be from a couple of the youngsters taking over from more established players a la 2010.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:21 am

[quote="Boogie Knights"]
BazBoy wrote:

It's been said on here that to succeed from one year to the next, you need to make changes... Our changes could very well be from a couple of the youngsters taking over from more established players a la 2010.

Our changes will be minimum injuries and players being together for a whole season for the first time in their careers!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:

Our changes will be minimum injuries and players being together for a whole season for the first time in their careers!

The importance of this cannot be over-estimated Mr Miyagi!!!
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:28 pm

Meanwhile, ABC website has got this article trying to measure clubs' trading in a "scientific" way:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-17/winners-and-losers-of-the-afl-trade-period/11610846?section=sport
K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:35 pm

Well, MTG, afl.com.au gave the Pies 5/10. Yay, we passed! Right?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:31 pm

magpieazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Yep Van Dijk and Allison were big but the rest were bought with reasonable and astute buying.

It is a bit rich comparing the two money wise but Klopp has a philosophy of building from within and developing players by giving them belief. Hes a hugger too and I cant help comparing Klopp and Buckley everytime I see them hug their players. Its not much but its something.

You're absolutely right there, but I also wish that Bucks would take a leaf out of Klopp's book and explicitly embrace the fans and urge them to make the MCG a cauldron for visiting teams, so that our support base becomes a genuine weapon on game day. That connection, dare I say love, between Klopp and Liverpool fans, is authentic, rather than some artificially created marketing ploy, all too common in the AFL these days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: