Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post-Trade Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveH67 wrote:
Picks 35, 62, 74

That is rubbish!

Yeah it's like getting hints all year your folks will buy you that flash bicycle you've been begging for... and you wake up on Christmas Day to find jocks and socks.

To be honest, we and the media hyped up trade period. 7 had a trade talk show on twice a week for crying out loud. SEN was 90% ads. The media was expecting big, huge, enormous trades to happen... and nothing happened.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:01 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Picks 35, 62, 74

That is rubbish!

Yeah it's like getting hints all year your folks will buy you that flash bicycle you've been begging for... and you wake up on Christmas Day to find jocks and socks.

To be honest, we and the media hyped up trade period. 7 had a trade talk show on twice a week for crying out loud. SEN was 90% ads. The media was expecting big, huge, enormous trades to happen... and nothing happened.

Santas Claus you $#$#, where's me #$%#$% bike,
I've unwrapped all this other junk and there's nothing that I like

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:03 pm

Cam wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Picks 35, 62, 74

That is rubbish!

Is that Rodney Rude? About time he was the Grand Final entertainment.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:29 pm

Cam wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Picks 35, 62, 74

That is rubbish!

I've wrote ya *&^*(&%$% letters, and I've come to see ya twice
Ya dirty filthy *&^*(&%$% %$^%$£$%, you forgot me *&^*(&%$% bike!

KBW Laughing

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:07 pm

Burning questions.

Will Scharenberg be delisted?
Why did we resign Elliott if cap was an issue?
Is the cap that big an issue, or are we saving for a 2020 big CHF fish?
Do our rubbish draft picks ensure some people stay on that otherwise would be let go?
Can our VFL team have enough experience to play finals? [because we need the depth]

If you watch the Ned Guy interview from yesterday he dismisses mention of Jenkins visiting the Holden Centre briskly and definitely. Sub plot there, i.e. we were not interested in him, at all.

Also if you watch the Darcy Cameron highlight reel, nothing much to excite there. Looks like a plodder with a dodgy [but possibly effective] goal kicking action, more like a slower, shorter Cox than any semblance of a Grundy.

It looks like the money is all on #11.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:11 pm

piedys wrote:
Cam wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Picks 35, 62, 74

That is rubbish!

Ya dirty filthy *&^*(&%$% %$^%$�$%, you forgot me *&^*(&%$% bike!

KBW Laughing

Pertinent to our "poor" club:
We couldn't afford no sparkling tinsel for our Christmas tree
So we'd just wheel old Granddad in and make the old %$@# sneeze

tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:15 pm

Cam wrote:
Why did we resign Elliott if cap was an issue?

Perhaps the cap became more of an issue when we had to increase our offer to Elliott..and set the ball rolling to push some out, with Aish the collateral damage?

Rogue2k0 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:00 am

Pies2016 wrote:
I think we all get caught up in the instant gratification of a ready made player trade. Think about it, for every trade that works, one doesn’t.
Cohesion and team dynamics change dramatically when new players come in and former team mates go out.
I seriously doubt whether any REALISTIC ready made player trade into our list would make any real difference to where we will finish in 2020.

Tell that to Richmond who won a 2nd GF in 3 years after adding Lynch and Pickett
In the 1st GF they added Caddy, Prestia and Nankervis.

"Definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result". Unless we make changes to our Best 22 - we won't win a GF, because the previous 2x22's couldn't.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:06 am

What I'm disappointed the most, is how in the hell did our previous list management team get us to the point where we seem to have the worst salary cap problem of any club, going into a year where 4 of our most highly paid stars - Pendles, Grundy, De Goey and Moore - are coming out of contract, and we are apparently struggling to find the dosh to re-sign them?

While I'm not a huge Aish fan, we have basically given away a 23 yr Grand final and Prelim finals player for donuts, simply to free up salary cap space.

So given we don't have any early draft picks this year, we will only improve next season if our existing players play better. To be honest I'm usually a glass half full kind of guy, but I fear we could slip down the ladder a bit next year.

To prevent that happening, let's hope Beams, Sier, Cox and De Goey have great (and injury free) seasons, as these players have the potential to help us win a Premiership in 2020. Unless they rise to the occasion, we will remain a good side, but not a great one.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:30 am

piedys wrote:
Cam wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Ya dirty filthy *&^*(&%$% %$^%$�$%, you forgot me *&^*(&%$% bike!

It's like Santa grabbed the Christmas tree and shoved it somewhere painful.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:33 am

Im starting to like whats happening at Collingwood more and more. The burning question is if we can retain our big fish on our list.
Without seeing the actual wage books no one can really know. Front loaded , back ended, trigger clauses, injury clauses, etc etc....who really knows?

All I know is that if Collingwood keep this team/squad together we are in for sustained success for many years.

I was investigating if Dunn was still on our books or not ( still dont know for sure ) and while looking through the profiles of our players I was not exactly surprised but was re assured that we have truckloads of talented youngsters and even our established stars still have 5 plus years to go.

It reminds me of what Jurgen Klopp/Liverpool are doing in the EPL. Ive said this before and not much has changed in the last couple years. The process of developing and nurturing what you have in front of you is of paramount importance and alot of it is about patience and being steadfast. If we didnt need to trade .....we didnt need to trade. No need to trade for the sake of it.
We are stable. We are young. We are really really talented. We have stand out stars. We have a familiarity. We have much love. We have belief in our system. We have a sound, charitable and believable culture at the club.

These are all hallmarks of what Liverpool have and if Im not wrong both Collingwood and Liverpool traded little in the past couple transfer windows . They have entrusted the group of players they have already to carry the clubs forward. This in hand creates a hunger within the group to succeed that is palpable and undeniable. This is a big reason why we havent traded much...we have what we need at the club.

The list is young and has already experienced finals with disappointment, so we are hungry, very hungry.

With Wells, Goldsack and (Dunn ? ) gone it allows the younger players room to step up.

Kelly, Murphy, T.Brown and Quaynor are still raw but with bright futures.
Stephenson, De Goey, Scharenberg, Langdon, Phillips, Maynard, Moore, C.Brown, Sier are all 22-23-24 years of age. The next group of about a dozen are about 26-27-28 years of age. Sidebottom and Beams are still 28 and 29 respectively with Pendles 31.

We are ready to strike now and we still have a couple years of Pendles before he retires. Im excited about the young ones coming through especially Murphy and T.Brown but Kelly and Quaynor may jump out of the blocks next year too.

If we stay injury free and fit the stars under the salary cap somehow, its exciting times ahead indeed.

Go the Pies !!!
Go the Reds!!!

K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:40 am

magpieazza wrote:
It reminds me of what Liverpool are doing in the EPL and Ive said this before and not much has changed in the last couple years. ...
Go the Reds!!!

Liverpool don't have to worry about salary caps, or money.

And Liverpool are owned by a hard-nosed hedge fund manager.

What about the Pies reminds you of Liverpool?
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:17 am

K wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
It reminds me of what Liverpool are doing in the EPL and Ive said this before and not much has changed in the last couple years. ...
Go the Reds!!!

Liverpool don't have to worry about salary caps, or money.

And Liverpool are owned by a hard-nosed hedge fund manager.

What about the Pies reminds you of Liverpool?

The way the list is being managed. Not trading, just to appease the supporters who want change for the sake of change is not the way to instill belief in the group.
Liverpool have squllions but the squad still has to be money managed. Klopp doesnt believe in bringing in superstar players if it doesnt fit within the team values. He believes in keeping the young stars hungry and thinking they can add to the team, creating competition from all angles.
So when you have a stable squad with little change it lets the players know that they are valued. It creates strong bonds and a mateship that money cant buy.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:22 am

I generally agree with your assessment of Liverpool MP, however, Klopp has also over seen the recruitment of a few big moneyed players over the last couple of years. Go Reds and Go Pies!
E 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:37 am
Post subject: Re: Post-Trade PiesReply with quote

shawthing wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Our midfield is still in the top 3 in the league.

Did you do a Rip Van Winkel last year? Our midfield couldn't win a clearance by the end of the year. Utterly smashed in the finals. But yeah go on keep up that optimistic talk.

See how our midfield goes with Sier and DeGoey in there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: