Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury petition?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If there was an online petition to ask the club for a professional external review into the club's ongoing injury crisis, would you sign it?
Yes
63%
 63%  [ 35 ]
No
30%
 30%  [ 17 ]
Unsure
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 55

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I will sign the petition.
I will also donate to any fund set up to hire a top quality statistican to analyse all the injury data and determine whether or not there is statistical evidence to confirm the contention that our injury history is an outlier compared with other AFL clubs.
I want to know if our injury list is the result of random chance, or instead a lower level of competence in injury management/rehabilitation. It is as simple as that.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:46 pm

^ Well said MTTM. And it is pretty simple as you say. Anecdotal evidence would suggest that our injury history is an issue that most other clubs don't have, but it would obviously be beneficial to have the unadulterated evidence for it.
Actually, you'd think the club would spend some of its dollars on that, instead of white-washing it all the time. Perhaps a petition could call for both clarification of the extent of the injury issue and then for an investigation into how to overcome it? (if needs be, but I'm pretty sure there's a need! Smile
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:36 pm

I voted yes, but I doubt anything will happen. Eddie was pretty dismissive of the fan who wrote a letter to the club. Pretty $£$%^%%$ rude to him, actually, and Eddie came across as a bit of a dick.
Wonka 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:10 pm

Does it all rely on Eddie?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:28 pm

Am I the only one who hates tofu? Mad
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:13 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
I voted yes, but I doubt anything will happen. Eddie was pretty dismissive of the fan who wrote a letter to the club. Pretty $�$%^%%$ rude to him, actually, and Eddie came across as a bit of a dick.

Yeah, it was a really poor and arrogant response from Eddie, who to my mind is taking Pies supporters for granted of late. A well organized and supported petition may have more impact on him and the board.

It will be interesting to see if our injury woes are mentioned tonight in any of the Copeland speeches.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:34 pm

Fino wrote:
Hearing lead physio has departed.

Do you mean Francis or Fooks, and is this his choice or the club's?
K 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:34 pm

You heard right. Francis, after 24 years.
Wonka 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:21 am

PyreneesPie wrote:

It will be interesting to see if our injury woes are mentioned tonight in any of the Copeland speeches.

Nada!!!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:33 pm

^ As I suspected, the Club doesn't seem to think there is an injury issue or perhaps they just don't want to face up to it.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:22 pm

Wonka wrote:
Does it all rely on Eddie?

When Eddie is passionate about something particular to Collingwood, things tend to happen. But in this case he seems to be dismissive of this subject, which may mean nothing is happening (yes, he could be onto something behind the scenes, but who knows)

K 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:54 am

tbaker wrote:
... (yes, he could be onto something behind the scenes, but who knows)

It might depend on what the something was. e.g. if you're trying to poach someone, you'll keep it quiet before you've completed the poaching. Reviews and completed poachings tend to be reported by clubs or media, I reckon.

e.g. Aug, 2018:

Former Bulldogs boss looks at Carlton fitness regime

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/former-bulldogs-boss-looks-at-carlton-fitness-regime-20180821-p4zywd.html

Former North fitness guru joins Crows full-time

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-29/former-north-fitness-guru-joins-crows-fulltime

Oct, 2018:

Blues pounce to poach key Hawks staffer

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-06/key-hawks-staffer-poached-by-another-club

(These links taken from another thread.)
E 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:28 am

you guys are late to the party. We did have a problem with our firness team. It destroyed the career of Freeman and has put JDG and Moore's career's into a place where constant management will be required.

Hamstrings are like poison Ivy, the more often you get them, the easier it is to get it again in the future.

I actually think our fitness staff has done a wonderful job of managing ar 5 or 6 players who are struggling with career threatening issues and we were able to get them all up and firing come finals time, except for one. And boy we got close even with that one.

Given what they inherited, that is a fairly remarkable accomplishment.

so if you want me to sign a petition for us to remove the fitness team we had 5 years ago, i'm all in. Not sure its worth the paper its written on given that they are already GONE!!!!

K 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:44 am

^ Umm, JdG & Moore were not at the club 6 years ago, or 5 years ago. Freeman was 5 years ago, but not 6 years ago...

K wrote:
E wrote:
no, the problem with our injuries was caused by a couple of pre-seasons 6 years ago. They have already fixed the problem. Now they are just dealing with the consequences of those fateful training camps.

Very few of our injured hordes were at the club back in 2013 -- only two from the last month of injury lists:

Langdon 2014-
Dunn 2017-
Beams 2009-14, 2019
Greenwood 2015-
Kelly 2019-
Quaynor 2019-
JdG 2015-
Murphy 2018-
Reid 2007-
Moore 2015-
Aish 2016-
Sier 2016-
Scharenberg 2014-
T. Brown 2018-
Wells 2017-
E 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:12 am

K wrote:
^ Umm, JdG & Moore were not at the club 6 years ago, or 5 years ago. Freeman was 5 years ago, but not 6 years ago...

K wrote:
E wrote:
no, the problem with our injuries was caused by a couple of pre-seasons 6 years ago. They have already fixed the problem. Now they are just dealing with the consequences of those fateful training camps.

Very few of our injured hordes were at the club back in 2013 -- only two from the last month of injury lists:

Langdon 2014-
Dunn 2017-
Beams 2009-14, 2019
Greenwood 2015-
Kelly 2019-
Quaynor 2019-
JdG 2015-
Murphy 2018-
Reid 2007-
Moore 2015-
Aish 2016-
Sier 2016-
Scharenberg 2014-
T. Brown 2018-
Wells 2017-

the year i am referring to is the rookie pre-season of Moore and DeGoey and the year befoire that.

Suggesting that guys like Wells, Beams, Greenwood and Lyndon Dunn being injured suggests a problem at our club is pretty silly. Probably the same is true of Scharenberg.

If you look at the careers of Elliot, JDG, Freeman and Moore, however, that was a problem that i lay fairly at the feet of the CFC. 2 out of 4 of them ripped their hamstring off the bone following their first pre-season at Collingwood. DeGoey also suffered early hamstring problems. I'm not sure if the club contributed to the problems of Elliot or not (it could just be that his game style made back injuries inevitable. In any event, kids need to have tailored training programs as they cant tolerate the pre-season of veterans. We didnt do that and we are still paying for it. potentially 4 rolls royces ruined!

The rest of the injuries are all just normal stuff!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: