Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL has screwed us with the 2020 draw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:26 pm
Post subject: AFL has screwed us with the 2020 drawReply with quote

Just look at when we get 6 day breaks! Three games include interstate travel. AND we go to Perth twice with these 6 day breaks (Rounds 19 and 22). This was our big issue this year, consecutive 6 day breaks that included interstate travel twice right in the crux of the season when we need to manage injuries. Absolutely stitched up by the AFL pricks.

6 Days = 6
- 1). Round 1 to 2
- 2). Round 6 to 7
- 3). Round 15 to 16
- 4). Round 16 to 17
- 5). Round 19 to 20
- 6). Round 21 to 22
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The cold hard facts - we are fundamentally the AFL's promotional tool, and the compromising of our final's chances is no big deal to them.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:41 pm

If it’s any consolation the 6 day break leading into WCE is the same break they get coming from Brisbane after a day game.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:10 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
If it’s any consolation the 6 day break leading into WCE is the same break they get coming from Brisbane after a day game.

Yeah that's true. But this year we played GWS who had traveled the week before too, and they smashed us (Appleby anyway). I reckon the draw has already been sent to our fitness department to start planning.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:19 pm

robevpau1 wrote:
The cold hard facts - we are fundamentally the AFL's promotional tool, and the compromising of our final's chances is no big deal to them.

this is my view 100%

they just take our money and wont even give us a fair go

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:36 pm

We cop this big block of six day breaks and interstate travel in July-August -- not ideal for the run to finals. And our first four rounds are tough matches considering we'll be nursing players back from delayed preseasons. YEEHAW!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:00 pm

We also have a 5 day break heading into the Brisbane game in rd 4!
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:10 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
We also have a 5 day break heading into the Brisbane game in rd 4!

True but Brions also only have a 5 day break coming into the game...

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:26 pm

Understandably everyone on here focusses on the bad in our draw.
I think if you look hard enough, we won’t be the only club ( read 17 others ) who also receive several six day breaks.
If our opposition on the day has similar recovery times to us from the game before, then I don’t have a problem. It’s when we receive a five day turnaround and the opposition has 6 or more, that I get a tad annoyed.
Six day turnarounds are now a part of footy and the sports scientists have been dealing with short turnarounds for years. It’s just that some do it better than others.
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:33 pm

https://footyology.com.au/afl-fixture-2020-finding-the-real-winners-losers/ - for equities sake, here is a comparative glance at the overall draw from lowest score (best outcome) to highest score (worst outcome) - for some objective context.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:58 pm

Thanks Rob. We’re in the bottom 5 – so the disadvantage is, presumably, real – but, then again, what those bottom 5 teams have in common is that they all finished top 5 last season. Which is kind of the idea!
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:59 pm

think positive wrote:
robevpau1 wrote:

this is my view 100%

they just take our money and wont even give us a fair go

Can you explain to me what you mean?

If we are the AFL's promotional tool wouldn't they want us to be more successful, not less successful?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:17 pm

They use us to make money, if they cared about our success, the last 2 season we would have got equal umpiring in the last 5 min. We didn’t.
Did we play well enough to win the prelim, no, but you know what, neither did GWS, Friday night danger takes the dive of the century, and get a 50 to the goal square, Grundy get pushed flat in the back near the goal square, no free. They treat us like shit, because they know we will keep showing up.

The bulldogs didn’t just get 18 extra free kicks in a grand final, they got 250 for the season! They wanted GWS in the grand final, I said the week before unless we are five goals up at three quarter time we won’t be allowed to win. Check back, I wrote it here. There were frees they could have, and should have paid, but they chose not to. Yes I believe that. When I coached I always told my kids you have to be far enough in front to make sure the mother of all umpire decisions doesn’t kill you, and any other team that horrible night, they would have been saying, wow look at this comeback, and damn they almost made it how brave, but nope, we didn’t turn up and GWS. Were 5 point heroes. Nope I’m not over it. Or Wayne Harmes, or the $650,000 lions win, or bill Dellar not hearing the $£$%^%%$ siren!

robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:27 pm

Quote:
Thanks Rob. We’re in the bottom 5 – so the disadvantage is, presumably, real – but, then again, what those bottom 5 teams have in common is that they all finished top 5 last season. Which is kind of the idea!

Pleasure. Be interesting to note where the 'bottom 5 weighted clubs' finish up next year. As we know, too much weight on any horse brings them back into the pack.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:40 pm

The July 6-day breaks mixed with interstate trips this year really screwed with our injury management, and contributed to our form slump. This is why I'm pissed, because it's looking like 2020 will be a repeat. And we get two home games at Marvel Stadium again. Thankfully, we don't play in Adelaide next year, which will take the heat off the Grundy contract media circus!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: