Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Confess, did YOU REALLY want to face Tigers in GF ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:22 pm
Post subject: Confess, did YOU REALLY want to face Tigers in GF ??Reply with quote

IM actually feeing not too bad in the cold light of today, after our close PF loss. Look folks I reckon we actually dodged a heartbreaking bullet, for sure. Be honest, could u honestly see us beating Richmond, with their near full strength team with only Rance out ? Our game yesterday stuffed us, the wet, slog, we were buggered, while the tigers sat back, fresh, their Final was not anwhere near as gut busting as ours ! It reminded me of 2011 PF, were were rooted after that hard game, and the Cats smashed us, their PF was a breeze.

WE would have faced the Tigers with no Cox-who they really do fear- an unfit and poppy De Goey, who might have gone off early, no Greenwood, our best tagger, for Dusty, and no Beams, who when right, can dominate. All the tigers have out is Rance, that's it, I reckon we would have lost by 4-5 goals. for sure.

Can you imagine the pain and utter despair of losing a GF to those Tiger bastards, imagine the Punt rd end ferals, imagine Mick Molloy and old Bartlett gloating, imagine your Richmond mates, stirring you up, or workmates imagine the tiger gloating on social media, like twitter and facebook ?? We would have gone thru sheer hell, if the Tigers beat us in the GF we would suffer for weeks and weeks the arrogant gloating.

Make NO mistake we dodged a bullet, as bad as you feel today, magnify that feeling 100 times next week, when we lost to bloody arrogant Tigers. ?? im proud of the boys, we had mass injuries, the Stevo distraction, yet, we made a PF, against all odds, and we will learn a lot from that defeat, next year we will have a fit Cox, De Goey and Beams too. It is what it is, but im just so glad we don't have to lose another GF, to our most hated team, next to Carlton, Richmond. im relieved to be honest, I really am. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, no way, what am I a sucker for punishment?

I knew after that magpie hit my bedroom window yesterday morning & dropped dead on the spot, the rain coming down right before the game confirmed it!

I had bought tickets to go but ended staying home, watched until 3qt & then went & did something else, I could hear the fam screaming...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Achilles 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:37 pm

I have a feeling GWS will beat the Tigers. As for next year, it’s all too say who’ll be around to play. We’ve had a horrid run with injuries in the past. I hope it ends in 2020.
Achilles 

I have a feeling GWS will beat the Tigers. As for next year, it’s all too say who’ll be around to play. We’ve had a horrid run with injuries in the past. I hope it ends in 2020.
thesoretoothsayer 

I'm a natural pessimist but, yeah, I was envisioning 1980 all over again if we made it through.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Yes
taff wa 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:42 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
I'm a natural pessimist but, yeah, I was envisioning 1980 all over again if we made it through.

This was my thoughts too, it reminded me of losing 1979 by 5 points and then in 80 got flogged by the tigers.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:46 pm

I reckon GWS will beat Richmond.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:49 pm

^ Hope so too!

Even though RICH will most likely win as much as it pains me to admit it...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:49 pm

I'd rather be facing the Tigers than this feeling of "what ifs".

Agree, that it would feel like a nightmare if we had of lost to them, but gee what if we had of won!

taff wa 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:50 pm

Don’t want to see the Greene grub at all costs get a premiership medal.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:

OH God, I hope so, just to see the looks of horror on their vile feral fans, at the Punt rd end, I really have never seen fans like them, far worse than ours, we aren't in their League as ferals ! Silly blokes my age, mind u, with bloody Dusty mohawk hair cuts, tatts all over their stupid heads, fat bastard bogans, all decked out in yallar and black, going apeshit, most arrogant fans ever. Id love to see them shattered, make my day ! Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:54 pm

It's a strange feeling, I'll tell you that.

I was gutted at the siren. I sat there for a while before leaving the ground. The vibe from the crowd was strange.

People didnt seem sad, or angry. Maybe relieved?

I was worried about playing Richmond. I was dreading the thought of losing to them in a GF and the summer ahead.

But what shape are they in? Martin sore? Graham out? Cotchin sore? Rioli sore? They were lucky to get past Geelong. We'll see what happens at team selection and on the day.

But I'm sad that another year is over. I'm sad that we've missed an opportunity in 2018 and 19. Maybe I feel relieved not to have the stress of GF week ahead. But you have to be in it to win it.

derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:55 pm

I think your right. The real reality is this, were we as good a side in 2019 as 2018 ?? (even allowing for injuries) I would say no. we fell into the top four by chance. Our style this season for the most part was really patchy, and we lacked the killer instinct of putting away ordenary sides...far too often we let them back into games.

Had we faced Richmond in the current form i think we would have lost and probably by about the same 30 - 40 points... our midfield needs work as does elements of our forward line, and this finals series has shown we are not a high scoreing team and prone to hit and miss quaters ahla 3rd quater yesterday and 4th quater against Geelong....i side like Richmond would have taken full advantage of such lapses.

Don't get me wrong I am bullish that if we get a good run with injuries and we pick up a solid tall forward, does not have to be a Jeremy Cameron style star (but would be nice). We can rebound well.

I think it is no coincidence that the two sides contending both have star power full forwards (as did West Coast last year).

As I said on game day we are and have been for far too long a time a team and club that has a huge problem with dealing with expectation. and it is costing us badly...this i don't have an answer too.

I have come to the conclusion the better team won yesterday, and with no mallace I wish them the best against Richmond. They have done a mighty job to make it to the granny,

taff wa 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

OH God, I hope so, just to see the looks of horror on their vile feral fans, at the Punt rd end, I really have never seen fans like them, far worse than ours, we aren't in their League as ferals ! Silly blokes my age, mind u, with bloody Dusty mohawk hair cuts, tatts all over their stupid heads, fat bastard bogans, all decked out in yallar and black, going apeshit, most arrogant fans ever. Id love to see them shattered, make my day ! Very Happy

The herald sun has an article about a brawl at the G yesterday. That’s probably only a trailer of what would happen up the Punt rd end if tigers lose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11   

Jump to: