Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

shawthing wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Disappointing we couldn't offload Shaz, Reid, Broomhead, Wills, Crocker, Varcoe, and Appleby. All list cloggers that need to be moved on if we're serious about winning a flag. None of these guys are up to it or their best is well and truly behind them. We needed to make some hard calls, but we've shown our weakness again.

+ 1

agree I would only keep Wills from that group.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:49 pm

Lazza wrote:
Wonka wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Fitness. I don't care about trade period, who we traded and who we didn't get. it's our fitness and injury gurus I'm more interested in. Get our fitness right, our Best 22 on the paddock for the majority of the year, and we'll be contenders again, no doubt,

So which fitness gurus can we recruit?

That German bloke de Goey saw for a start...... Rolling Eyes

I'd love to see Dr Hans with an office at the Holden Centre, pretty young women all dressed in white assisting players, staff, and fans. Wink
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:05 pm

Lazza wrote:
themonk wrote:
Released some cash & gained draft points for discounted Oakleigh mid next year.

Ideally we can hang on to our guns next year, have a 1st round pick & maybe bring in a free agent.

The window is still open, focus on getting the guys fit & we’ll be ok.

The window might be still open but we seem to have major problems going through it. The ONLY way is to have 90 -95% of the senior list available at all times. Thats a big ask I reckon.

Richmond has done it for 3 years, Hawthorn did it for over 4 years.

Why can’t we?
Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:23 pm

I can’t believe people are complaining we didn’t pick up “anyone” of interest in this trade period.

I mean, Christ, Patton who’s had 3 knee recos and Jenkins who’s way past he’s peak, aren’t exactly what we need or what we’re after.

And even if we did pick one of them up, plenty more would complain if they failed to fire.

It seriously is a lose/lose situation being a magpies supporter these days.

We have a great list that is more than capable of winning a flag.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:44 pm

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
I can’t believe people are complaining we didn’t pick up “anyone” of interest in this trade period.

I mean, Christ, Patton who’s had 3 knee recos and Jenkins who’s way past he’s peak, aren’t exactly what we need or what we’re after.

And even if we did pick one of them up, plenty more would complain if they failed to fire.

If we had a tall marking forward, we win back to back flags in 2018 and 2019. It's THE missing link in our team.

And we go again in 2020 without one.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:47 pm

I agree. The problem is that, this trade period, Ed Langdon was the best available tall marking forward on offer.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:58 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:

If we had a tall marking forward, we win back to back flags in 2018 and 2019. It's THE missing link in our team.

And we go again in 2020 without one.

Just like when buddy went to the Swans and when Dixon went to Port and when Hogan went to the Dockers
There are no certainties, only the negative possibilities that you like play out in your mind.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Getting Fremantles second round pick next year could prove very worthwhile especially if they finish near the bottom of the ladder, so quietly Ill be keeping an eye on Freo and hoping they lose more than they win.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:31 pm

magpieazza wrote:
Getting Fremantles second round pick next year could prove very worthwhile especially if they finish near the bottom of the ladder, so quietly Ill be keeping an eye on Freo and hoping they lose more than they win.

If Fyfe falls over, and I hope he doesn't because he's great to watch in action, then they might be fighting with Adelaide and GCS for dibs on bottom place.

Rogue2k0 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:54 pm

magpieazza wrote:

Freos 2nd Round pick is apparently tied to St Kilda's position next year not Freos. Based on the St Kilda trades this could be in the teens.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:57 pm

mattdally wrote:
Disappointing we couldn't offload Shaz, Reid, Broomhead, Wills, Crocker, Varcoe, and Appleby. All list cloggers that need to be moved on if we're serious about winning a flag. None of these guys are up to it or their best is well and truly behind them. We needed to make some hard calls, but we've shown our weakness again.

So if we move all these players on we'll lose some depth (which matters a lot to our injury cursed club; depth was what kept us near the top the last couple of seasons). And who would we replace them with? Draft picks who won't be quite ready? Certainly not ready made players because it's clear we can't afford them. We need a degree of depth if we're still to contend, so there is a role for some of those players (some will be delisted though)...

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:06 pm

Rogue2k0 wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

Freos 2nd Round pick is apparently tied to St Kilda's position next year not Freos. Based on the St Kilda trades this could be in the teens.

I noticed that too but I would bet that Freo now "owns " that pick so its on their market value that it was on sold for.
I could be wrong but none the less its worthwhile an investigation, unless you know the specific ruling on this R2k0 ?

Rogue2k0 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:33 pm

"Collingwood receives a future second-round selection (tied to St Kilda) and a future fourth-round selection (tied to St Kilda)

If Freo had those selections next year they would be based on where St Kilda ended up, the fact Freo on traded them to Collingwood this year means we now get the selections based on St Kilda's position next year.

No idea WTH our Recruitment team are doing?

Why did it take so long to do the Darcy Cameron deal, when it was for virtually nothing?
Why did it take so long to do the Aish Deal?

Gave Aish away for ridiculous picks - I can understand some cap relief - although Aish probably only on 400-450k a year ????

Not sure why we need cap relief when we have 9 Rookies listed on the Website + Tom Wilson who is not listed? Assume rookies getting no more than 100-150k a year?

While I understand people are saying not much available in terms of players traded, Collingwood came out and said they were wanting to get back into the draft with early trade picks. Picks in Next Years draft aren't exactly early picks this year - and next years draft heavily compromised.

The ONLY way Collingwood can improve next Year is if Cox OR Cameron can kick 60+ Goals - and DeGoey, Stephenson, Elliott, Hoskin-Elliott all kick 40+

Hoping Tyler Brown and Will Kelly can get a look in next year and Daicos can get more than 4 games.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:40 pm

Rogue2k0 wrote:
Not sure why we need cap relief when we have 9 Rookies listed on the Website + Tom Wilson who is not listed? Assume rookies getting no more than 100-150k a year?

Much less than that. In 2018, rookie salary was $75,000.
TPP went up 1.3% this year, so the rookie salary was probably almost the same.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:50 pm

Ok so it looks like its tied to St Kilda which Im still trying to wrap my head around as to why that would be. I figured it was owned by Freo, but what ever the rules are, thats it.

Thought we got judged harshly by how our trade period went. I would have thought that by retaining players was an achievement in itself. What that does is it gives the playing group stability and belief in their own ability as a group.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 40 of 42   

Jump to: