Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in Prelim. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
It was our midfielders, not our KPPs, who lost us the Prelim imo.

I reckon we may have overrated how good our mids are.

I agree generally - but our two tall forwards having 6 disposals didn’t really pick up too much of the slack, there, either.

That's true, but only because our genuine 2 main forwards - De Goey and Cox - were unavailable.

And you’d hardly call either of them genuine forwards; not in the traditional mould anyway. I don’t think there is too much wrong with the list. We don’t need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m not even sure we need to tweak the list that much. As INXS88 said, we could improve further by changing up our line coaches.
Surely we have sucked all the knowledge out of our current assistants by now.
Move a couple assistants on and get a new set of eyes to oversee our list.
The main issue seems to be the ( dis ) connect between Grundy and the mids.
Mix it up with new assistants and keep the best from the old and embrace the best from the new.
2020 - bring it on ( provided we have made a couple assistant coaching changes )
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:16 pm

I agree P2016.

Also, we need to hope that JDG has a massive pre-season and gets super fit, so he can dominate the midfield like no-one else.

Hopefully, WHE has an uninterrupted pre-season and is ready to deliver on his undoubted talent.

I'd like to think that Beams could be a big inclusion, but I'm not confident about his chances.
Adz 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:01 pm

JDG final year of his contract. If he has another injury interrupted season his next contract will be significantly reduced.
Adz 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:13 pm

JDG final year of his contract. If he has another injury interrupted season his next contract will be significantly reduced.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:25 am

RudeBoy wrote:
It was our midfielders, not our KPPs, who lost us the Prelim imo.

I reckon we may have overrated how good our mids are.

They are great when there's little physical pressure and the weather's dry.
Look at our really bad losses this year; have either been:
i) when the opposition applies physical intimidation (kangaroos, giants)
ii) when the weather is wet and we can't get our running game going (tigers, giants)

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:27 am

Lazza wrote:
Don’t know if I’m sulking or having a sooky sooky la la but I’m struggling big time to get excited about watching the GF. Still spewing about such a wasted opportunity🤨🙄🙄

You're not alone - feeling the same - as many others are I suspect. Can't wait for footy season to be over, so we can move on and look forward to next year - this week has been such a drag...

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:33 am

tbaker wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Don’t know if I’m sulking or having a sooky sooky la la but I’m struggling big time to get excited about watching the GF. Still spewing about such a wasted opportunity🤨🙄🙄

You're not alone - feeling the same - as many others are I suspect. Can't wait for footy season to be over, so we can move on and look forward to next year - this week has been such a drag...

Funny but since my post I have had friends who barrack for Geelong and Essendon say the very same thing. Let’s get this GF out of the moody way and get on with planning for 2020.

Now for the “egg on my face” award! I pick he tigers to win by 28 points.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:46 pm

Lazza wrote:
tbaker wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Funny but since my post I have had friends who barrack for Geelong and Essendon say the very same thing. Let’s get this GF out of the bloody way and get on with planning for 2020.

Now for the “egg on my face” award! I pick he tigers to win by 28 points.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:20 pm

I commented on another thread, but it seems to have been deleted???

Anyway, here's a summary of my thoughts on our disastrous Prelim performance, as I prepare to watch today's Grannie.

A week has past now since we were bullied out of the Prelim, and I feel worse now than I did a week ago. If you've followed the Pies for 6 decades, as I have, you become used to losing finals, but this loss was different. I still can't get my head around the fact that none, not a single one, of our 'elite' midfielders - Pendles, Treloar, Sidey and Adams - fired a shot in the Prelim. I could accept one or two of them getting tagged out of the game, but ffs not all four.

But I'm not disappointed, I'm frigging angry. For three quarters we allowed the Giants to play harder and tougher, with us being smashed at stoppages, despite us having the absolute dominance of Grundy in the ruck. Our footy department needs to conduct a phucking Royal Commission into the dismal performance of our midfield brigade. Our spirited final quarter come back simply rubbed salt into our wounds. Where was that effort in the first three quarters?

Fair dinkum, we had the talent to win the Prelim and then to go on and smash the Tigers in the Grannie. The reason we didn't was not because of a lack of talent, but a lack of heart. We simply have too many players who go missing when the going gets tough. For the 2nd year in a row our midfield group (with the exception of Adams who played well in last year's Grannie), allowed the opposition to smash us at stoppages, despite us having the dominant ruckman. That is simply not phucking good enough.

It will take a long time, at least all of next year, before I have any confidence in our midfield group to stand up in the heat of battle, when we need it most, in September. I never thought I'd ever say it, but to my mind, with a few exceptions, our team is soft. I'm embarrassed to admit that, but there it is. And if we think this weakness will be solved by the development of our dwarfs in Callum Brown, Josh Daicos and Noble then we are well and truly phucked. We need players who are strong in body and strong in mind.

Anyway, I hope Toby Greene wins the Norm Smith today, just to stick it up the AFL. Twisted Evil
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:31 pm

It's no excuse but I dare say if we had of been presented with these weather conditions last week we'd be playing today.

Fair to say the longer the week has gone the more angry one gets that we blew a golden opportunity.

Jesus our club tests your emotions.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:02 pm

My god it hurts watching today. I don’t think either side have really rocked up to play and we would have been hungry to atone for last season. Oh well. Another 10 years of mediocrity.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:13 pm

not watching tv.
f* grand final
f* tigers
f* giants
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:16 pm

Haff wrote:
My god it hurts watching today. I don’t think either side have really rocked up to play and we would have been hungry to atone for last season. Oh well. Another 10 years of mediocrity.

Rubbish...we wouldn't be able to withstand this Richmond swarm
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:31 pm

How Mumford “broke even” with Grundy I’ll never now. He looks as cooked as a chicken dinner.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:36 pm

He didn’t. Grundy absolutely thrashed him. Grundy had 10 clearances, 12 hit outs to advantage and 20 more disposals. It wasn’t even a contest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27   

Jump to: