Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

NFL 2019 and Super Bowl LIV

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Final score:

San Francisco 49ers 27-10 Minnesota Vikings.
Vikings did not score in the second half.

Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMJVlo2h104
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:19 pm

The Vikes really only had one decent drive - even their field goal came from a drive that started from an interception returned to the SF 31 or so - they were stopped cold. I like Cousins (I’ve been a fan of his play since he was at Washington) but Zimmer plainly needs to recruit some hard-fighting, clutch receivers. Rudolph, Diggs and Thielen were, for the most part, out-physicalled by the 49ers. There aren’t easy catches in big playoff games and if your receivers prefer to run long distances in the open, you’re just about beaten before you start.

Watching that game, I think it would be good if the Seahawks won tomorrow. I’d love to see my Packers go through - but I don’t see how the Pack’s sputtering Offense can do any damage in California. We already know from the in-season games that the Seahawks can make a genuine contest against the 49ers, away from Seattle (they came within one goal-line stop of beating the 49ers and taking the West.

Anyway, off to Baltimore to watch the Ravens thrash the Titans, now.

I’m watching on delay, so I’ll catch up to the live action soon-ish.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:25 pm

It’s been announced that Bill Cowher has been elected to the Hall of Fame. A great coach at the Steelers and an engaging person. I’m really pleased for him. I do hope Troy Polamalu goes in with him.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:46 pm

The Ravens trail by 22 points (thanks to some stupid, smug play calls on 4th down that have cost them about 20 points - and possibly also the decision to rest Jackson the week before the playoffs) to the Titans. The path to the Super Bowl just opened right up for Patrick Mahomes and his Chiefs. Anyway, hubris trails the Titans 28:6.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:55 pm

Lamar waltzes down the field at the start of the 4th. TD - but more hubris sees them go for a 2-point conversion, which they can’t make. They’ve been poor at that through 2019. Another point left on the park. If Belichick was coaching the Ravens, they’d be about 15 in front, now. As it is, they trail 28:12. Someone needs to tell Harbaugh to coach to the percentages.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:13 pm

Lamar runs inside the 25. Too little, too late, I fear.

6 dropped catches by the Ravens, tonight.

Another failed 4th down attempt. 4 and a half minutes to go. No timeouts left. The Ravens are, to use a carefully chosen technical assessment, stuffed.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:21 pm

Yep. The wheels are on top of the Ravens bandwagon.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:21 pm

2 minute warning. Ravens still trail by 16.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:29 pm

Final score 28:12. The Titans have knocked out the Pats and the Ravens in successive games. They are a complete joke of a football team - but nobody’s laughing just now.

Let’s hope we don’t have them in the Super Bowl - they would lose to the 49ers, Seahawks or Pack by about 85 points.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:39 am

Now the Chiefs have caught the Sudden Unexpected Sloppy Hopeless Incompetence syndrome (SUSHI). They have been sliced and diced by the Texans, allowing the Texans to go in for a TD on their first drive and then the first Chiefs punt was blocked and returned for a TD. 14:0.

Then, as a write, SUSHI has returned as Tyreek Hill (of all people) has fumbled the Texans’ punt near his own 5-yard line to give the Texans ridiculous field position and Watson has passed for another TD.

21:0 and it isn’t quarter-time, yet.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:54 am

Three dropped first down catches have ended the Chiefs’ first three drives. Mahomes is going to have to think about throwing it really high, so there’s enough hang time for him to run down and catch the thing himself. Early tragedy is gradually turning into farce for the Chiefs.

It’s about to be either 28 or 24 to nothing.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:56 am

A “daunting task already”, says Tony Romo, channeling Einstein. Meanwhile, the Texans are going to kick the 31 yard field goal. 24 points it is.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:08 am

The Chiefs have got 7 back after Hardman ran the kickoff return 57 yards. If they can get another 7 before halftime, they might just be within range. Another serving of SUSHI could bury them, though.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:18 am

And, having an attack of coaching SUSHI themselves, the Texans have failed to convert a fake punt on 4th down. That let Mahomes start in his own half of the field, again. Another TD and extra point and the Chiefs are only 10 behind.

Why not play the percentages when you lead by 17? Maybe the Texans borrowed Harbaugh’s Ravens playbook from yesterday’s car crash.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:20 am

And the Texans have coughed up the kick return in the tackle. Suddenly, Patrick Mahomes has it on the Texans’ 6-yard line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: