Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What a nerve!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:17 pm
Post subject: What a nerve!Reply with quote

"...A woman suspected of being part of a $4 million family daycare fraud syndicate hurled abuse at cameras — as police made a staggering revelation..."

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/other-industries/more-arrests-over-red-roses-family-day-care-scam/news-story/f0a0bc38bcbc5dd24e8fc27b0b288a80

"Alleged family day-care fraud more disciplined than outlaw motorcycle gang: police

Up to 40 people arrested for facilitiating an alleged $4 million family day-care fraud syndicate ran a criminal operation more disciplined than that of an outlaw motorcycle gang, investigators said on Thursday.

"Every part of it from the bottom to the top was a falsehood," said Acting Assistant Commissioner of State Crime Command Stuart Smith...."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/nsw/mothers-arrested-in-raids-over-allegedly-fraudulent-family-day-care-scheme-20190911-p52q77.html

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost like having Government involved leads to corruption and waste. This outcome could never be foreseen.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:41 pm

When a Government put subsidies in place, they rarely put in place the proper checks and balances to prevent fraud or properly consider the unintended consequences.

They become a magnet for unscrupulous people, like this little Muslim gang

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:03 pm

The Libs cut red tape remember the Mad Misogynists Monks mantra was cutting red tape and appointed the current Treasurer to do his bidding.

The same applies to the building industry, self regulation.

Privatisation has always been a rip off for the public.

But these people are real maggots & hope they are punished big time

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Not just the ones that ran the scheme, but all the women who provided details of their kids in order to claim money for childcare they didn't use.

When I said Governments, I was being non party lines. Remember Krudd's insulation scheme?

dandrews solar rebate is buggering the industry in Victoria

It's a common theme with governments of all flavours

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:30 am

Wokko wrote:
It's almost like having Government involved leads to corruption and waste.

Have you got the numbers yet on private waste and productivity so you can compare them with your government anecdotes and assumptions?

Watch Bloomberg TV for five minutes and you'll hear about private waste – the sort that gets CEOs ousted, companies sliced and diced, white elephants and zombie investments abandoned as sunk costs, and national productivity hammered.

Waste has no institutional preference, although it does seem to have a penchant for PPPs.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:00 am

watt price tully wrote:

I wouldn’t go that far – stealing from the government is relatively victimless as far as organised crime situations go, isn’t it? Puts them about on the same moral level as tax avoiders like Apple and Amazon. They deserve what’s coming to them, but I have to say I kind of admire their chutzpah. If only they’d used their creative thinking for good instead of evil ... Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:15 am

Can’t believe you think it’s victimless! Just imagine the good that money could do for those that really need it?

And then you wonder why they are bringing in a cashless welfare card!

You know in Greece you can retire at 55, education is free, unemployment is huge, and the result is a huge homeless problem and the place is a dump! It’s so sad, someone has to pay for government services, there is nothing funny about ripping it off!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:35 am

Government takes money from us in the form of taxes. According to my ATO tax receipt, 40% of the money they take off me goes to Welfare.

This whole day care subsidy is so people can have kids and go back to work to earn more money while taxpayers pay for someone to mind their kids. I already begrudge that as having kids is a choice and you should sort your finances out before you do, but these arsewipes are just stealing

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:37 am

I did say relatively, TP. Wink

Of course I agree that ripping money out of the public spending pool is harmful. But these are small fish in comparison to multinational tax avoiders, who are basically doing the exact same thing except on a much larger scale. And they’re getting away with it.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:12 am

There’s certainly a very uncomfortable tension between what was able to happen here and the routine willingness of petty bureaucrats to cut off income benefits to vast numbers of people who need them, for no good reason.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:18 am

^

As in most things these days, the small minority who do the wrong thing stuff things up for the majority who're trying to do the right thing.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:26 pm

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I wouldn’t go that far – stealing from the government is relatively victimless as far as organised crime situations go, isn’t it? Puts them about on the same moral level as tax avoiders like Apple and Amazon. They deserve what’s coming to them, but I have to say I kind of admire their chutzpah. If only they’d used their creative thinking for good instead of evil ... Laughing

Sorry, maggots in a understatement. By calling them maggots doesn’t equate to not having contempt for other (and worse) tax avoiders. It’s not either or for goodness sake; it’s obviously both.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:30 pm

There was another group caught in May this year doing the same thing, from appearances looked like they were from South Asian background, that is ? from India
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:56 pm

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Sorry, maggots in a understatement. By calling them maggots doesn’t equate to not having contempt for other (and worse) tax avoiders. It’s not either or for goodness sake; it’s obviously both.

I'm not being completely serious by pushing back on this – though I do think that, as crimes go, committing a long con against the government is definitely one of the funnier ones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: