Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies punish Cats. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods wrote:

‘The Good, Bad and Ugly - Collingwood v Geelong’ at: https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2019/09/08/qualifyingpiescats

That would have to be one of the most entertaining footy articles I've read in a long time. Astute, clever and quite hilarious!! Laughing Laughing Thanks Woods for the link.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:52 pm

What a cracking game! There was so much to enjoy. Watching Darcy Moore's confidence grow in the last quarter was very pleasing. I expect he will be busting to get out on the paddock for the prelim.
Elliot's chase down was monumental. He was an active target in F50 as well.
Howe was rock solid across Half Back and Maynard slaughtered Ablett.
Geelong were comprehensively beaten and that's a credit to the Pies' coaching staff.
Fair play though, Danger was amazing and almost got Geelong across the line single-handed.
But, above all, congrats to the Skipper for a standout game 300. Kicking a clutch goal in the third was awesome.
Can't wait for the Prelim!

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:53 pm

I hate having next week off, I want to get stuck straight into the prelim! Good for DeGoey and a few sore bodies though.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:19 pm

90 nice wrote:
attendance was healthy I think it was around 93k which is a great turn out considering the weather

The weather was perfect, it wasn’t that cold and it wasn’t windy, didn’t rain, fabulous

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:48 pm

The only questions are how come we were only 10 points up at the end we should have been a lot more and who comes in for the injured?
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Wins and win but would have liked to kick at least 2-3 goals in the last quarter
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:20 pm

Brown was exceptional in key moments in the third when the cast were coming.
Also some lovely things in last that don't necessarily show up on stats sheet.
Played a defensive on bigger players. will be much better for the run.

An amazing team effort- some standout individual games and moments- no passengers. Every player did something to show their worth.

Howie, Jamie, Steele, Bruzzy, Pendles, Brodie, Tay and Darcy were the standouts.

Mihocek's game was superb- did so much stuff off the all and contested everything- most of trime he spilt a contest when he had 2 cats on him. He is a peerless clubman.
Big praise for Tom Phillips too- bets game he's played all year- never stopped running and some key moments.

Off to watch replay AGAIN!
Go Pies!
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:21 pm

Cam wrote:
Woods wrote:
ROADS TO NOWHERE – THE GEELONG GAMEPLAN
So, you want to explain to me the Geelong game plan? I can do it for you if you like, and I can do it in two words.
It’s shit.

I must say, the switch was regularly on, but Tom Stewart, like a modern day Hymie, seemed to be programmed to bang it back down the line from whence it had came. His switchees weren't that enamoured with his choices. Found that an interesting choice, made time and time again, through all quarters, so obviously with coaching approval.

Also interesting was how the Pies outflanked the Cats when other people were attempting to switch, it was a great tactial game that we played. We occasionally gave up the middle, but the Cats refused to use it much. This plan will change to the opposite if we play the Tigers though who flood forward through the middle. Usually this outflanking business is used against us, in 2017 it was done in devastating fashion by low ranked teams, but we are adapting.

Any post that mentions Get Smart's Hymie has my vote!!! Smile

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Our depth maybe our 1 wood. Most clubs would welcome the chance to have:

* Aish
* Varcoe
* Goldsack
* T Brown
* Madgen
* Wells
* Broomhead
* Daicos
* Murphy
* Appleby
* Crocker
* Lynch
* Sier
* Reid

amidst the long-term injuries to Mason, Dayne, Quaynor, and Langdon. Well done Derek Hine and Ned Guy.

Last edited by inxs88 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:33 pm

matrix10 wrote:
Brown was exceptional in key moments in the third when the cast were coming.
Also some lovely things in last that don't necessarily show up on stats sheet.
Played a defensive on bigger players. will be much better for the run.

An amazing team effort- some standout individual games and moments- no passengers. Every player did something to show their worth.

Howie, Jamie, Steele, Bruzzy, Pendles, Brodie, Tay and Darcy were the standouts.

Mihocek's game was superb- did so much stuff off the all and contested everything- most of trime he spilt a contest when he had 2 cats on him. He is a peerless clubman.
Big praise for Tom Phillips too- bets game he's played all year- never stopped running and some key moments.

Off to watch replay AGAIN!
Go Pies!

I agree with your comments about Brown. At key moments in the second half, he and Sidebottom repeatedly showed how much difference can by made in a pressure Final by a player who doesn’t fumble.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Another great effort and really proud of the boys.

Enjoy the week off.

Shame about Levi. Jordy may be done for the year too. Come GF 1/2 a game in near on 3 months is not ideal preparation.

Only issue is our failure to close the door on the opposition. Always seem to keep the door ajar. Had feelings of deja vu. Visions of the GF were flooding back.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:09 pm

We were knackered in that last quarter. Being 2 rotations down and holding on for victory was something special.

It would have been nice to put them away, and we had a chance when Mihocek missed that goal. But it was still a very impressive win.

How many games this year, have we lost someone during the match? Has to be some kind of record.

To see Levi and JDG sining the team song with big smiles on their faces makes you get all emotional and shit.

Seeing Pendles carried off after 300 games also makes you all emotional and shit.

I'm glad I was there and will remember this win for a long time. Even got myself some SP300 merch. Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3Jh5qRDMo

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:15 pm

I’m saving my money for SP400.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:23 pm

Presti35 wrote:
We were knackered in that last quarter. Being 2 rotations down and holding on for victory was something special.

It would have been nice to put them away, and we had a chance when Mihocek missed that goal. But it was still a very impressive win.

They were absolutely stuffed in the last quarter. I remember seeing Mihocek absolutely spent and barely able to jog back to position for the ball up. It just makes the efforts like Elliot's run and smother in the last quarter even more phenomenal -- he was absolutely blowing like Anthony Rocca after a marathon when he got to the bench.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:04 pm

WCE and GWS both win and win without any injuries.

Get stuffed God!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16   

Jump to: