Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Qualifying Final. Pies v. Cats. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

KenH wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
No Moore. That's huge, but can't afford the risk of him breaking down. Apart from Roughie, our defence is going to be undersized against the Cats forwards! Wet, stormy night, we've gone with speed and ground ball winners. I love the ins, Sidey JDG and Stephenson. I feel a bit for Varcs, he was hitting form recently.

No Moore??? What do you mean? He is certainly playing and always was.

Either I've gone senile, or Moore is injured so often I get confused when he is and isn't playing. lol
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:33 pm

I am really happy with this team.
Obviously, the wet weather has meant that we needed to avoid an overly tall defence.
For the same reason, the wet weather might be of significant benefit to our short forward line.
As others have mentioned, our forward line has lethal potential, but all will come to naught if we don't get the ball there. Massive game for Wombat Wills. Congratulations to Wombat, what a fantastic effort on his part to secure a spot in the Qualifying final. He is a warrior.
He just has to do what he does best: tackle ruthlessly and especially at the centre bounces, go hard at ground level and kill the ball if he can't get it out. He and Tay tomorrow night need to be as hard as granite, so Pendles, Treloar, Sidey etc are released to move the ball forward.
As others have also mentioned, speed at all costs, and low trajectory, chaos kicks into F50, using the corridor for transition. Mihocek, Stephenson, Elliott and JDG no doubt have been practising their leading patterns to create space for our chaos entries into F50.
The presence of JDG in the team gives added flexibility and unpredictability: he will no doubt on occasion rotate through the centre.
Glad to see Roughie back in defence, with Darcy Moore.
Congratulations to John Noble. What an epic year for him, playing in a Qualifying final in his 3rd (or is it 4th) AFL game. His effort to subdue the WC Eagle small forward Cameron, after he was threatening to tear us apart, must have won him high regard, and no doubt he will again be set the task of nullifying Geelong's small forwards, such as Narkle.
I have a good feeling about this game.
Go Pies!!

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:34 pm

E wrote:
neil wrote:
Is Reid even fit?
Sidey JDG Stevo in
Noble Magden out
Down to JT or Brown or Varcoe

Unless someone injures themselves in training

This sums it up for me too. Looking forward to keeping Scharenberg in the team at all costs. Just an absolutely beautiful footballer who always appears to be playing within himself and is therefore completely reliable.

I see some people have suggested he should come out. It is incredible to me how poor a judge of a footballer some people are..... Luckily, none of these people have anything to do with football or the collingwood football club.

Oh E! Poster's regret??? Smile

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:39 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Nobody has questioned Scharenberg's place in the side. Concussion aside, I can't see a match up for him and given his lack of pace most likely shall make way.

In's:

Steele
DeGoey
Stephenson

Out's:

Scharenberg
Varcoe
C Brown

Any contemplation to playing Ben Reid and Darcy Moore ever in the one side would be staggering.

Good call INXS88 on Shaz! As that ancient philosopher Meatloaf once opined: 2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Last edited by inxs88 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:40 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
No Moore. That's huge, but can't afford the risk of him breaking down. Apart from Roughie, our defence is going to be undersized against the Cats forwards! Wet, stormy night, we've gone with speed and ground ball winners. I love the ins, Sidey JDG and Stephenson. I feel a bit for Varcs, he was hitting form recently.

Moore played last game......so he doesn't need to come in...still in the team
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:57 pm

I'd have kept Varcoe ahead of Thomas or Brown, but that's just me. Varcs is just about my favourite player. When he hits 'em they stay hit.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:03 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'd have kept Varcoe ahead of Thomas or Brown, but that's just me. Varcs is just about my favourite player. When he hits 'em they stay hit.

Thomas may be the luckiest player on our list this year.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:48 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

I agree.He’s exactly the sort of player that you need playing for you in the finals.I’m really surprised that he was dropped,especially against his old side.I reckon he would have been really fired up for this game.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:04 pm

Im gutted for Varcs. Always love having him in the team.
On the flip side, I'm happy for Noble. Good luck young man! His speed will be handy tomorrow night. I'm guessing that's why Shaz made way.

Also, well done to Cal Brown and Wills (The Wombat). Thoroughly deserve being in this team.

I think we will win this. Let's do it for the great man, Scotty Pendlebury!
Happy 300th champion.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:27 pm

In my defence, when Moore's picked, he doesn't play after the first five minutes. So it's easy to forget he was picked but didn't play, if you know what I mean!

I really feel for Varcs. Like I said, he'd just got back his form. The heat is on J Thomas, who I agree is lucky to be there. obviously the coaches see him performing a role that I can't see, so good luck to him.

I keep forgetting Noble's playing too.

Is Vsrcs an emergency? Wouldn't surprise me if there's a late change.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:31 pm

Win and we go to the PF
Lose and we host the Eagles next week.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:38 pm

inxs88 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Thomas may be the luckiest player on our list this year.

Yep, agree with this. Varcs hit better form when he was playing a more forward role and I guess with so many smaller forwards coming in, it was either him or Josh who had to make way. I am sad for Trav - I imagine he would've played with a ferocity that was off the charts.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:40 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

Lose and we host the Eagles next week.

Which is looking like a very scary proposition at this point in time!!! However, Nic Nat would find it a bit tougher against Grundy. Wink
melliot 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:45 pm

Can't say I'm thrilled with the selections.

Shaz and Madgen. Out. thought one needs to stay.

Also thought a mids like Mayne or WHE or Varcoe could play in place of Noble.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:52 pm

Finals are always tough..., especially against the No.1 on the ladder.
Pies to win by 18 points.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22   

Jump to: