Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

First final [whatever it is] Team.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I'm with you warburton lad, hoping we get Aish back!

RudeBoy wrote:
To me it's simple.

Moore replaces Madgen.

Then we bring in 2 forwards in JDG and Stephenson to replace Brown and Thomas. The outs will certainly be unlucky, as they have been playing their roles well, but they are simply not as good as Stevo and JDG.

Exactly they are better players! Stevo is such a competitor and crafstman he won't need extra games to hit a high level. JDG just his addition sends the opposition in a panic. None of Thomas, Varcoe and Brown deserve to be dropped, glad I'm not a selector. There are many cases for each one to remain in the side it will definitely come down to match ups! Must admit I favour Varcoe and just for the book what great pleasure to see Elliot leaping and flying like a few years ago!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:27 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
Why is Stevo a walk up start?

He forked up and has missed the last 10 games. He’s let his teammates down.

Those teammates have contributed in getting us to the finals.

He’s probably out of touch and needs match fitness.

If I were match committee I’d stick with the blokes that have got us there and Stevo can start perparing for 2020.

Imagine being the player dropped for Stevo. I’d be filthy. Idiot goes on the punt, is suspended for 10 weeks and then waltzes back into the finals side..... wouldn’t happen on my watch. Shocking move from a culture point of view.

Why is Stevo a walk up start, you ask? Quite simply because he is the best forward player on our list. He's been training the house down and is champing at the bit to play. Let him loose on the MCG and watch him set the ground alight.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:32 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
If we want to be competitive on Grand Final day (whichever year we next get there), we need to replace all of Madgen, Scharenberg, Wills, Noble, Varcoe, Thomas, Mayne and Greenwood.

So, if we get back Moore, JDG and Stephenson, we'll still be 5 prawns short of a decent barbecue.

Nice bait... But some of those players actually make our team a better side and can't be dropped. You didn't mention another fringe player who is a candidate for omission, as I guess he's one of your favourites who can do no wrong - you know of whom I speak...

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:50 pm

I dunno - which fringe player did you have in mind - Grundy, Sidebottom, Pendlebury?

If you mean Brown, this is what I said in one of the other threads - you can take it as my position here:

Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
The kid has come on in leaps and bounds this year and is currently in good form. However, he is likely to face a possible (not probable) omission from our side, with the return of JDG and Treloar.

I'd suggest that both he and Thomas would want to have great games against the Bumbers to hold their spots.

I don't think they'd be stupid enough to drop Brown for the finals - but I suppose anything is possible.

He is ahead of all of Varcoe, Thomas, Wills, Madgen, Greenwood, Mayne, Noble and Scharenberg and, as he gets better with each passing game, the gap will just continue to grow. He was best 22 in the early part of the season when we had almost a full list to select from, so he's not going to fall out of favour, now.

Putting aside the fact that Brown is one of the 5 most skillful players in our side, he is the only one in the forward half who lays tackles consistently. Good luck getting WHE, JDG, Jamie or Stevo to run anyone down if the ball gets into the opposition's hands in our front half - after Brown's 78 tackles the next best forward-of-centre player is Mihocek with 41, then Thomas 40, Varcoe 40, JDG 33, WHE 31, Jamie 28 and Stevo 26.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Perhaps one out of left field, but if we get to a Prelim or Granny, does anyone think Bucks might bring Reid back in as our tall forward, thus allowing Roughead to return to full back, with Moore at CHB. When Grundy needs relief in the ruck, Roughead could do the job, with Reid swinging back to defence temporarily. I must say, I much prefer us to have 2 genuine talls in defence, namely Roughead and Moore.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:55 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Perhaps one out of left field, but if we get to a Prelim or Granny, does anyone think Bucks might bring Reid back in as our tall forward, thus allowing Roughead to return to full back, with Moore at CHB. When Grundy needs relief in the ruck, Roughead could do the job, with Reid swinging back to defence temporarily. I must say, I much prefer us to have 2 genuine talls in defence, namely Roughead and Moore.

It's a dangerous game you wish to play Mr. Rude Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: