Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Dons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacino wrote:
As I see it, there is really not much difference for us compared to last year. We had to win 4 games if we were to win the flag last year as will be the case this year. Furthermore, all teams face the prospect of being eliminated at some point during the finals. It is just a question of when. In the end all teams need to keep winning if they wish to make the grand final.

Actually last year we could afford to lose our first final....which we did. We then had to win 3 finals to win the flag. Unless we pinch a top 4 spot this year, we will have no such margin for error. We will have to win 4 consecutive finals to win the flag.

We can do it, but unless we are in the top 4, it will be considerably harder to win the flag this year.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:11 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
If we [win] by 100 pts, geelong would then only have to lose by 92 for us to overtake them Smile

Pity we're not playing Geebung, then, when we could take care of all at the same time. Wink
tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:18 pm

According to reports on the AFL website a few minutes ago, Moore is set to return this week.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:27 pm

tbaker wrote:
According to reports on the AFL website a few minutes ago, Moore is set to return this week.

Apparently Reid trained well too, Hopefully he can get a game in the 2's.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:46 pm

Zaharakis needs surgery. Smile Wink
Syndesmosis injury.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:15 pm

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.
rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:18 pm

If fit Moore must come in for Madgen. At least we know now what Madgen brings to the table and its not bad, but Moore has the height and intercepting ability.

With JDG we can wait til first final coz you know hes so talented he doesn't need warm up games, he will be ready to go even with a few weeks off.

I have a feeling Stevo is the same.

Stevo and JDG are explosive burst type players who can make a difference straight up after a long lay off. IMHO
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:43 am

I'd like to get a look a Tyler Brown. This week's match is perfect to give him a go. I know he's got a lot of physical development to go, but the kid has some tricks. He could be a bolter for us in the finals, and a point of difference that no opposition teams would have planned for.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:04 am

Good morningMr Bally12.
Whilst I agree about the surprise factor of Tyler Brown, I feel that he, Will Kelly Josh Daicos and Murphy are a very solid preseason away from being first 18 players.
His time will come, of that I am sure.
Keane and Tohill have made great strides in 2019 and could be 'boaters' in 2020- lots of upside with both lads.

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:53 am

Pacino wrote:
As I see it, there is really not much difference for us compared to last year. We had to win 4 games if we were to win the flag last year as will be the case this year. Furthermore, all teams face the prospect of being eliminated at some point during the finals. It is just a question of when. In the end all teams need to keep winning if they wish to make the grand final.

We lost the first final but still made it to the grannie. that's the top 4 difference.
If we finish outside top 4 and win our first final, then we will be in basically the same position as last year after first final. AS someone said, might not even be such an advantage to finish top 4, win first final and have week off, because returning players need game minutes to get up to speed. It's all a bit tricky, best to just play to win and see what footy gods have up their sleeves.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:53 am

bally12 wrote:
I'd like to get a look a Tyler Brown. This week's match is perfect to give him a go. I know he's got a lot of physical development to go, but the kid has some tricks. He could be a bolter for us in the finals, and a point of difference that no opposition teams would have planned for.

too late, i'd say. we are going to have players coming out as it is. i you really going to play him ahead of his brother?

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:05 am

The greatest threat to Collingwood is not the opposition it will face on the field, but the dreaded bye.

This team does not come back well from a bye. Which is why they must get into the top 4.

That said, I'm less concerned about who the Pies face off against in the first final. At the mo Collingwood looks like going into the finals with the fittest, healthiest and deepest playing group in the competition. And this while other top eight teams are getting all banged up as they wrestle for ladder position.

But Collingwood find that damn bye hard to beat. And if that means losing the first qualifying final, so be it. Better to play through than have to face another bye.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:49 am

If Jordan De Goey ain’t fit all year guess where stuck with Billy as the physical forward

😭😭😭😭

Heh heh!!!!

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:29 am

It's an interesting conundrum we could be faced with come finals with the potential returns of Stevo and JDG. We have essentially 4 small/mid sized players who play best coming out of the goal square one on one; Stevo, Billy, WHE, and JDG. Of those, JDG can play mid and WHE on the wing or even at half back. Stevo and Billy are best close to goal as the nominal FF. Would including both JDG and Stevo upset the balance we currently have, and at who's expense would they come back for?

You'd have to say that Checkers is safe which really leaves the conversation as which four/five from JDG, Billy, Varcoe, Thomas, Stevo, Brown, or WHE do you run with? It's a question made harder by the recent for of Varcoe and Thomas (both of whom would have been most at risk).

That's not even bring a potentially fit Wells into the equation.

The selection committee will have a very tough and unenviable few decisions to make in the coming weeks...
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:09 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Just checking a really odd set of numbers from the Dockers / bombers game.
The dockers won nearly every key possession stat from that game except the one that matters the most, disposal efficiency.
The dockers got so much more of the footy but butchered it much more often than not.
If we’re allowed as much of the ball as Freo were afforded by the Bombers, we will beat them comfortably.
Oh and Grundy may yet rewrite the record books against Clarke this week.

If we continue to play like we did last week, and Essendon play like they did last week, then we'll bury them.
I'd let Moore have another week to absolutely sure and bring him back for week one of the finals, along with Stephenson and DeGoey (if he's alright). Three changes is not outrageous - who they replace is the interesting question. Moore for Madgen would be a certainty but after that, who knows!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: