Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies crush Crows. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely Grundy is seriously considering whether the extra money he'd get from Adelaide would be worth playing in that team. His manager wouldn't be having second thoughts, he'd be after whoever offers the most cash.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:40 pm

Grundy is going nowhere.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:46 pm

Haven’t read through the whole thread to see if others have raised this, but how good were Wills and Madgen yesterday? Madgen in particular won pretty much every contest he was in – stopping a couple of certain Adelaide marks inside 50 when the game was on the line – and his disposal was really good. And Wills is a tackling machine in the centre.

Suspect Noble makes way next week, unfortunately. Nothing much went right for him. Just kicked it forward blindly repeatedly and turned it over way too many times.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:49 pm

Cam wrote:
Grundy is going nowhere.

Damn straight!

I barely noticed Noble playing yesterday, that's not a good sign when most players dominated their opponents.

Agree about Magden, David. He's been very good the past couple of weeks. Last week he hit an incoming ball on the run and ran it through the centre -- very Darcy Moore like.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:37 pm

Last night was a great improvement from us, but looking at the first half of what's happening at the MCG today we need to go up another level or maybe two.

MONCO: Your life.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:12 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Last night was a great improvement from us, but looking at the first half of what's happening at the MCG today we need to go up another level or maybe two.

I reckon we will match the intensity of our opponents in the coming weeks. It's a bit like last year. I'm hoping we absolutely flog the Bombers into submission next Friday too.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:16 pm

masoncox wrote:
Was it me or were the umpires absolutely shocking!!!
Big shout out to Wills.
Strength in the midfield.
It is what we needed!!!!!!

Yeah there are some bad judges on Nick's whom don't rate him. Got his body right combined with getting more midfield time.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:18 pm

Cam wrote:
Grundy is going nowhere.

Yep, the Crows r a rabble and he saw that first hand, they r eons away from winning a Flag, we r right on the cusp of one, and he would know that for sure. I don't think hed fancy ending his footy life in a mob of struggling elderly players going nowhere, fast.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:22 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Surely Grundy is seriously considering whether the extra money he'd get from Adelaide would be worth playing in that team. His manager wouldn't be having second thoughts, he'd be after whoever offers the most cash.

I don't know why any outside player would consider a trade to Adelaide until their coach is sacked, but players think differently.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Some interesting takes on various players and there performances yesterday
I remember a NRL coach often saying you don’t want to be playing your best going into August you want to be playing your best going into September and this may well be our path right now
Hard to gauge how good we were against how shit they are at times
I liked our effort across 4 quarters and after re-watching the game again a few players really impressed more than watching it the first time
Pendles calmness around the ground giving players outlet options when under pressure was sensational
Elliott found space all day and took full advantage of it
Adams and Wills physically intimidated the crows mids
Maynard is a cross between Milane and a lump of granite he’s our enforcer who opposition fear. His kicking is much improved and his ability to use that big left boot is gold
Our defence was helped out yesterday by a dominate mid field group but watching and replaying contests especially in the first 2 terms really showed up how good a decision maker scharenberg is. He understands when to leave his man and help out and when to stay tight on his man. His decision making is elite under pressure. About 10 to go in the 3rd term he beats 3 crows players to hacked ball forward and with them closing in quick he threads a handball out to Crisp then shepards 2 crows away giving Crisp that extra couple seconds to make a good decision
Madgen played much better but I’m still not convinced of him on the big stage. I think he’s the guy who will make way when Moore is available (hopefully)
Varcoe for missing a couple easy ones also created about 3 others just by pressure acts
Brown is looking more and more comfortable and is showing signs his arrived at this level
JDG and Stephenson will add more to this unit
Overall a good win can’t ask for much more really and best part no injuries
Onto the bummers next Friday night and to go into September full of confidence
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:51 pm

Our best game for the year, and easily Madgen's best game for the club I thought he really showed something.

We were also more physical, Adams, Wills, Varcoe and Mihocek in particular showed a bit of agro that has been missing.

Impressed that the form of Elliott, WHE, Howe and Thomas has improved quite a bit over the last few weeks.

Have to mention Grundy's effort against two first string ruckmen and Treloar taking the tagger but still found a way.

Go Pies

Last edited by Born to Pie on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:11 pm

I was interested in Grundy's hit outs to advantage last night - he had 15 which is above his season average from last year - see this link.

https://supercoachtalk.com/hitouts-to-advantage/

It looked like our roving group are always on the move around Grundy and seemed to be able to get clear far more easily than in previous games

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:59 pm

They can more effectively when the “Wall” (Wills/Adams) contains their mids at contest,s
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:04 pm

Pat on the back for Bucks and his team for wasting no time to re model our attack process

Aided by Adams getting some games under his belt after injury and Wills taking the chance handed to him they have an effective system which I hope stacks up with all sides gathering momentum to finals

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:01 pm

think better wrote:
I was interested in Grundy's hit outs to advantage last night - he had 15 which is above his season average from last year - see this link.

https://supercoachtalk.com/hitouts-to-advantage/

It looked like our roving group are always on the move around Grundy and seemed to be able to get clear far more easily than in previous games

Thanks T B. Grundy is a better tap to advantage ruckman from ball ups as compared to centre bounces. Ball ups are when he comes into own and the ability of both Wills and Adams to lock in that first centre bounce, means his advantage is further enhanced from the ensuing ( centre ) ball up.
Killing the initial centre bounce also gives us the time to set up behind the ball if we choose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: