Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies crush Crows. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:

Well I’m pathetic, I’d 2.28pm in Venice and I’m enjoying a glass of red while enjoying this thread instead of checking out the sights! Go pies!

Glad you have your priorities straight TP. Laughing You're a true heart and soul Collingwood supporter.
My daughter was in Venice just 3 weeks ago. Sadly, she didn't inherit the black and white gene. Crying or Very sad
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:45 pm

Commiserations PP. My kids did not inherit the black and white gene either, or at best only a recessive version of it. But your kids cannot dictate your thoughts afterall. Nor can you dictate theirs.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

dp

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

Now to demolish the Druggoes Friday night.
Go into September with a bit of confidence.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:48 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Marvellous win. Take a bow Jack Madgen

Yep, he's really shown something in the last couple of games, could possibly be a great player for us.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:50 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
think positive wrote:

Well I’m pathetic, I’d 2.28pm in Venice and I’m enjoying a glass of red while enjoying this thread instead of checking out the sights! Go pies!

Glad you have your priorities straight TP. Laughing You're a true heart and soul Collingwood supporter.
My daughter was in Venice just 3 weeks ago. Sadly, she didn't inherit the black and white gene. Crying or Very sad

Commiserations PP. My kids did not inherit the black and white gene either, or at best only a recessive version of it. But your kids cannot dictate your thoughts afterall. Nor can you dictate theirs.

Very wise comment MTTM. My daughter just phoned me from Sophia, Bulgaria and actually asked how I was Wink I said I'm just great... Collingwood won!! She at least understands (a little anyway) the magnitude of what that means to me. Very Happy
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:54 pm

Horatio Fin wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Yep, he's really shown something in the last couple of games, could possibly be a great player for us.

It's a bit of cliche isn't it, that injuries create opportunities for others, but Jack Magden seems to be doing his utmost to grasp his after inauspicious appearances last season !! Well done Jack..
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:55 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
y

Very wise comment MTTM. My daughter just phoned me from Sophia, Bulgaria and actually asked how I was Wink I said I'm just great... Collingwood won!! She at least understands (a little anyway) the magnitude of what that means to me. Very Happy

Then PP, you should be very happy. My son is overseas, and when he phones me, he always asks "How is Collingwood going?", despite not being passionate himself. Likewise my daughter. She does not follow AFL in the slightest. And yet, she is always delighted to hear that the Pies are going well. I think that we have both kicked goals in the parenting stakes.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:14 am

That's such a positive thing to say MTTM. Parenting is such a tough gig Very Happy However, if our offspring can at least appreciate what the Pies mean to us, it counts for a lot Very Happy
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:44 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
think positive wrote:

St least She callsyou xx

My kids had no option, the brainwashing started the second they were born, and at the least the second one thanks me fior it!

I just sent her a message, if I’m not home when the tickets go on sale, get the bestyou can, hang the cost! I have a wedding on the Friday, if we play Friday guess where I will be! Cheers!

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:18 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Horatio Fin wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

It's a bit of cliche isn't it, that injuries create opportunities for others, but Jack Magden seems to be doing his utmost to grasp his after inauspicious appearances last season !! Well done Jack..

Yep - he's shown something the last 2 games. He was extremely unlucky in the situation that gifted Betts his 600th goal.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:19 am

Mossi wrote:
didn't see anyone name Mayne or Phillips. I thought they were excellent!

Mayne was great. As I've said many a time: he contests, and often makes a contest out of nothing

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:22 am

Dave The Man wrote:
But Scumps and Commentators should be Shot on how 1 sides there where

Yep - the only time the commentators restrained from barracking for the crows and showed us a little love was when the game was wrapped up and practically won (mid-way through the 3rd I sensed the turning point in their attitude).

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:43 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
masoncox wrote:
What about the broken tackle on Wills by Adelaide with him bullocking and smashing thru in the last quarter I think?
I would turn up on Monday morning and show that to Wills 20 times and say.....thats the way Wills thats the way!!!!

Yep, where there's a Wills there's a way.

What Wills does really well is to kill the oppositions first use from a centre clearance. He may not get first hands on it but by laying that first tackle, it allows us to immediately set up an extra in defence ( if we choose )
If we do lose the repeat ball up, at least we have an extra player back there to give a chop out to our back six.
Wills is going nicely for a limited player. You can’t ask for much more.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:24 am

Wow that was awesome Pies! Best we have played for the whole year. I certainly didn't see that coming. We looked like a team out there, especially defensively where we looked really organised. Our tackling pressure was great for all 4 quarters.
Also offensively we finally made our small forward line look super dangerous, giving Billy more space to work into, with Varcs and Thomas crumbing and WHE being an unexpected aerial threat.
Howe, Maynard both great in defence. Shaz kept spud Walker goalless. Our ball movement coming out of defence and through the midfield looked heaps sharper. We hit some good targets coming out, and created some good overlap run through the midfield.
I like the way Wills tackles at the stoppages...he's done really well, and he's not going anywhere if he keeps that up.
Fantastic team effort. Congrats to Greenwood for 150games. He did great on Lynch, and a smart move by Bucks to see this matchup. He got emotional in the after match interview...it's a small window into how much it means to him, and how much he cares. Sounds like a good bloke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: