Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies crush Crows. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BazBoy wrote:
Billy is hot hot hot and back to the Billy we know and love

Maintain that form and bring back the Dominant Duo of JDG and Stevo and oh boy

Checkers didn’t hit scoreboard but competed

Checkers has to be one of the under-estimated footballers around. No goals today, but he competed, bullocked and worked so hard to clear the space for Billy, Such a selfless player. I admire him so much.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:45 pm

Great win Billy and Trav were great . Howe and Bull Maynard were great down back along with Jack ' thomas' Magden . A great pressure effort by all of the team Grundy spanked there ruck squad of marmalade tins.

www.facebook/the hybernators
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:48 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Great win Billy and Trav were great . Howe and Bull Maynard were great down back along with Jack ' thomas' Magden . A great pressure effort by all of the team Grundy spanked there ruck squad of marmalade tins.

Yes, a super game from Brodie. Beat both opposing rucks.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:50 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Billy is hot hot hot and back to the Billy we know and love

Maintain that form and bring back the Dominant Duo of JDG and Stevo and oh boy

Checkers didn’t hit scoreboard but competed

Checkers has to be one of the under-estimated footballers around. No goals today, but he competed, bullocked and worked so hard to clear the space for Billy, Such a selfless player. I admire him so much.

Agree. Checkers is an absolute diamond, rough cut or sparkling clean, take your pick. today, he created opportunities for others. He does not care about his own personal aggrandisement, but only about the team. I love this guy. Fast becoming my favourite, if not already.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:58 pm

Absolutely agree - as usual Laughing When you bear in mind he's still a rookie, it's an absolute testament to him the way he plays for the team, week in and week out. He's out there for the love of Collingwood and the game, that's for sure. He's been called an "old-fashioned footballer" by various commentators and that he is!!
K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:01 pm

When you've toiled away in the VFL for years, maybe it makes you more appreciative of your AFL opportunity than the lucky kids who get drafted straight away.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Good grief. Where is everyone? Only 5 Nicksters online in this thread.

That was a fabulous win! Forget about ladder positions and finals and rejoice in seeing the Pies play some beeoootiful football! There's nothing better. Smile
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:05 pm

K wrote:
When you've toiled away in the VFL for years, maybe it makes you more appreciative of your AFL opportunity than the lucky kids who get drafted straight away.

There's some truth in that K!
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:06 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:

That was a fabulous win! Forget about ladder positions and finals and rejoice in seeing the Pies play some beeoootiful football! There's nothing better. Smile

This place is always deserted after a win. After a great win like tonight, nobody turns up. Now if Adelaide had beaten us by 10 goals there'd be 150 online! Razz Laughing
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:13 pm

shawthing wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

This place is always deserted after a win. After a great win like tonight, nobody turns up. Now if Adelaide had beaten us by 10 goals there'd be 150 online! Razz Laughing

Probably out celebrating, alcohol in hand...or relaxing in a sauna/spa...
Do not blame them for this, since tonight I am euphoric and would do the same, if i were not instead addicted to expressing my exhilaration here on Nicks.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:14 pm

shawthing wrote:

So true shawthing!!! Quite weird isn't it. I get that folk don't want to get ahead of themselves, but I believe in rejoicing in great wins whenever they eventuate. Let's hope that there are such few Nicksters online next Friday night! . Wink
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:18 pm

Everyone's just replaying the third quarter, over and over again.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Everyone's just replaying the third quarter, over and over again.

Yes. That is correct weight.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:20 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:

Probably out celebrating, alcohol in hand...or relaxing in a sauna/spa...
Do not blame them for this, since tonight I am euphoric and would do the same, if i were not instead addicted to expressing my exhilaration here on Nicks.

Love it MTTM!! Great post! I just happen to have a red wine on hand! I feel the same euphoria. I can't exactly say why - maybe it's because we've been waiting all season to see the team play like that. Come what may in September, today was a very impressive win and I'll gladly take the moment to rejoice in it!!!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:22 pm

Outstanding performance. One of the best performances we've produced all year along with the Richmond game in round 2 and the Brisbane game in round 5.

We killed the Crows in the stoppages and around the contest. Our defensive structures held up beautifully especially in the first half when the Crows had a plethora of forward 50 entries.

Fantastic performance by Elliott. His best game in two years and a reminder of the natural talent he possesses. Fingers crossed he remains injury free heading into the finals.

The inclusions of Adams and Wills have a made significant difference to the midfield dynamic. It's evident Pendles and Treloar are at their best as natural outside mids with Adams and Wills doing the dirty work required to win the ball.

Also have to give praise to Maynard today. An outstanding game from him and one of his best for his career.

Cannot find any negatives today and top it off the injury report card says we didn't sustain any injuries in this game.

Haven't been this happy about a Collingwood performance for a while so it feels good to see the team play well and fulfill its potential. Looking forward to next Friday night against Essendon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: