Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sier.....caught

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
He, or any AFL grade player, doesn't have to be fit to play amateur basketball.

No one is worried about whether he's capable of playing low-level basketball.
The question is whether he needs not to be playing basketball to rehab properly.

Levi obviously thinks so.
Spazza Aries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:49 pm

What is it with our team.... Recruiter say's...we love your style, now are you a dickhead?....YES!!....sign him up......It's rehab so as to be ready for finals not risk it all on a crappy basketball game!!!
CrossPie18 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:54 pm

I think Levi said it all......we could do with some good players available....
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:39 pm

Sier isn't locked in a cell and this was the only time they let him out of a cage to play basketball

I would love for u people who are sticking up for him in this thread go to your boss tomorrow and say you need to take a sick day so you can go do some contracting for another company....lol
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:56 pm

If I read stuff correctly, his calf is just about right but he wasn't able to test it last week due to illness. So he may have thought his chances of injury or aggravation were pretty slim, but it's still not a bright move.

What will boost his penalty isn't what he did, but he lied to the club about it. Apparently twice. That isn't tolerated and will be considered worse than the playing Bball.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:09 pm

Slamming a 10 ft ring in a single bound.....was it a bear......was it a footy player.......no it’s............Phil
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:28 pm

Bucks was trying hard not to laugh when asked about it. At Sier's alias I reckon. Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's official, we call him Phil from now on.

On a more serious note, who's the dog who dobbed him in to the media/club? Seriously, someone at the basketball game was "hey, he's meant to be injured! I'm calling Channel 7 to get paid for this shocking information! I'm calling the club too, they'll reward me!"
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:40 pm

If I were at the club, I'd be changing his name on his locker to Phil Inn. I'd even get his named changed on the official website too haha. Let's run with this, it's good for team morale.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:48 pm

Storm in a lay up. Move on, next!
slangman 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:57 pm

Just another player who cares less about the team and club than the people who pay his wages.

Maybe it’s because im getting old, but my care factor for the players is lowering to be closer to their care factor for the members and club.

I’ve been following the club for 40 years (🤭) and am strangely beginning to view the players as just employees who’s affinity and passion for the club is purely financial. Ive spoken to a few over the last couple of years who mentioned how it was just work to them. That’s fare enough and I don’t begrudge them for feeling that way, but my passion and love for them won’t be like how I felt about others in years gone by.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Bucks was trying hard not to laugh when asked about it. At Sier's alias I reckon. Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's official, we call him Phil from now on.

I really like it Mr Miyagi!! Laughing

What bugs me more than anything Phil did, was that AFL360 had to make an issue of it tonight, didn't they. Not a mention of the almighty stuff up with reviewing Brody's goal all week, but let's discuss how a Pies player has stuffed up again. Mad
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:38 pm

slangman wrote:

I’ve been following the club for 40 years (🤭) and am strangely beginning to view the players as just employees who’s affinity and passion for the club is purely financial. Ive spoken to a few over the last couple of years who mentioned how it was just work to them. That’s fare enough and I don’t begrudge them for feeling that way, but my passion and love for them won’t be like how I felt about others in years gone by.

The whole game and its culture has changed from the one we started with all those years ago slangman. The AFL has turned it into a giant commercial enterprise first and foremost, above all else.
Yet most raw recruits will still talk about how it's a dream come true for them, one they've had from a very young age. It's the system that changes the priorities of many of them I believe.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:55 pm

Disapointing , but hardly a sackable offence. Why give another side a decent young inside mid as we have two busted up ones in beams and wells.

www.facebook/the hybernators
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:26 am

woodys_world69 wrote:
Sier isn't locked in a cell and this was the only time they let him out of a cage to play basketball

I would love for u people who are sticking up for him in this thread go to your boss tomorrow and say you need to take a sick day so you can go do some contracting for another company....lol

Good thing most Australians never pull fake sickies. Not like it’s a national pastime or anything. Wink

slangman wrote:
Just another player who cares less about the team and club than the people who pay his wages.

Maybe it’s because im getting old, but my care factor for the players is lowering to be closer to their care factor for the members and club.

I think it really cuts both ways – clubs are much less loyal to players nowadays, too. It all started with big money entering the game and went downhill from there, IMO.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:56 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
If I were at the club, I'd be changing his name on his locker to Phil Inn. I'd even get his named changed on the official website too haha. Let's run with this, it's good for team morale.

Yep that’s awesome!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: