Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

All hail The Pig! - 150 AFL games for Levi Greenwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Buck's decision to move him to the back pocket has given him another 2 yrs of footy life I reckon. He plays finals type footy every week. Congrats Levis.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:43 pm

(Bump)

What better way to cap off the 150th game thread than by Greenwood's announcement today that he has signed a 12 month contract extension with Collingwood.

And he also gave quite a self-critical commentary about him ‘getting out of the way’ during the Rnd 15 North game: “"Mate, there's no excuses for shirking a contest. If you're out there you've got to give 100 per cent, otherwise go sit on the bench or don't play at all,"

I'd say he's well primed for finals. Well done Levi. Go get 'em.

Levi's rollercoaster ride
Ben Collins (AFL Media)
Sep 5, 2019 9:35AM

In a rollercoaster two-month period, Levi Greenwood has secured a contract extension, been sidelined with two injuries and endured two moments he wishes he could have back.

The good news first.

After signing a one-year deal last October the Collingwood veteran was desperate to lengthen his stay at the Holden Centre, and he has revealed he recently signed another one-year contract for 2020.

"I'm playing next year. It's been done," Greenwood, who will turn 31 in January, told AFL.com.au ahead of the Magpies' qualifying final against Geelong at the MCG on Friday night.

"We chatted about it halfway through the year and the club decided they wanted me to continue on. It was more about my body, and it's been good.

"It's a load off the shoulders because this is a tough time of year for a lot of players. I'm just glad they still see a spot here for me."

That reward has been hard earned in a season in which the gritty defender has faced a series of physical and mental challenges on the run home and attracted stinging criticism.

Greenwood doesn't shy away from any of it, just as he has done on the field 999 times out of 1000 (we'll get to the one blemish shortly). In fact, his brutal self-assessments, delivered in a matter-of-fact way, go part of the way to explaining how he has remained in the game for 12 seasons.

Collingwood's 44-point hiding from Greenwood's old club North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium in round 15 was a wake-up call for both player and team.

Magpie coach Nathan Buckley foreshadowed a savage in-house review of the performance by admitting post-match that his players had "got out of the way a few times". One of the culprits was Greenwood, whom some experts accused of being "soft" in a contest that was replayed and dissected on all the footy shows.

Continues at: https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-09-05/levis-rollercoaster-ride
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:47 pm

That's great news that he's with us for another year!!!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:33 pm

Great news. He's had a good year and I'm happy to see him signed up for another year.

One of the over 30s that I was hoping the club would retain.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:04 pm

And a final bump to close off The Year of the Pig.

The club has posted a video of some of Greenwood's best moments from the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPuIWDlepBA

Here's hoping he has a ripper 2020. Onya Pig.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: