Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Treloar on 360

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:58 am
Post subject: Treloar on 360Reply with quote

Did anyone see Adam Treloar on 360 on Tuesday night? He was magnificent.

He's a special person, as well as being a special player. We're lucky to have him!
Achilles 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't but if it's the story in today's HS, then good on him indeed. He and everyone else who cops abuse from trolls need to be ignored - it's the only way to stop them. I know it's hard, but players also need to stop reading stuff about themselves, particularly stuff posted on social media.

------

Collingwood star Adam Treloar has fought backed tears as he described the shocking lows he experienced during the Magpies run to last year’s Grand Final.

Treloar, who is part of a new documentary Collingwood: From The Inside Out, revealed he was on the verge of quitting footy altogether, mid-season as he struggled with anxiety over his performance and ruthless trolling from those outside the club.

He shockingly tore his left hamstring and strained the right in the Round 14 clash with Carlton, but says the injury — which kept him out until the qualifying final against West Coast — was a blessing in disguise.

“I was at a point last year where, it was almost like the hamstring injury I had was a blessing in disguise for me, because I was at the end, I almost wanted to, and that’s the brutal truth, I almost wanted to stop playing,” Treloar said in a raw interview on Fox Footy’s AFL360.

“I think it’s important that people outside of footy understand that we are human beings.

“You deal with so much, you deal with anxiety on performance, expectation on performance, people ridiculing you.

“It seems like some people — and this is what was getting to me and by no means am I out of it, sometimes I still have my struggles — people judging you as a person the way you are as a player.

“I remember if it wasn’t for my partner (Australian Diamond) Kimmy (Ravaillion), for (ex-Pies captain) Nick Maxwell, Bucks, (Pies sports psychologist) Jacqui (Louder) and my family I probably wouldn’t be playing footy.”

Treloar revealed what coach Nathan Buckley told him during their meeting at the end of the Grand Final, won by the Eagles by just five points.

“He (Buckley) hugged me straight after the granny when we lost I was bawling my eyes out and he came up to me and just told me that he loved me and it just meant so much to me,” Treloar said.

“He could have (said) ‘Why didn’t you do this, why didn’t you do that’ (but) he told me he loved me.

“One of the hardest things for me is still — and I’m honest about it — is the Grand Final

“The fact that we were so close to winning it, the year that we had last year … the fact that we didn’t win, still kills me, still breaks my heart.”

Treloar detailed a personal moment when he was hiding his tears in the spa during recovery after a game, saying he felt like a “fraud” because he wasn’t able to express how he was truly feeling.

“I was in such a deep period where I was just regarding myself as a terrible human I remember just being in the spa and getting really, really upset,” he said in the doco.

“I was starting to tear up and starting to cry and I just would put my head under the spa, wipe my face and my tears away and then hop up and continue to chat with whoever I was with because all the boys were there,” he said.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:49 am

Adam Treloar is a champion bloke....who just so happens to be a champion player as well.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:16 pm
Post subject: Re: Treloar on 360Reply with quote

Harrysz wrote:
Did anyone see Adam Treloar on 360 on Tuesday night? He was magnificent.

He's a special person, as well as being a special player. We're lucky to have him!

Very much so!!.
How brave and courageous was he to keep going through such adversity (both physical and mental) last season???
Was damn near tears watching him speak last night and I'm fairly certain that will also be the case when we get to watch the doco.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:56 pm

Our club's unprofessional media guys when he first came to the club are partly to blame for all this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: