Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

After 4 decades...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My family have had a group of reserved seats dating back to the early 70s at Vic Park, and then Legends memberships at the G. If this change goes ahead we will all be cancelling our memberships after about 50 yrs. Very sad. Sad
88MPH 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Quote:
My family have had a group of reserved seats dating back to the early 70s at Vic Park, and then Legends memberships at the G. If this change goes ahead we will all be cancelling our memberships after about 50 yrs. Very sad. Sad

And herein lies the problem. The club doesn't give a damn about whether you have been a member for 50 years or 5 minutes. In fact, they don't give a damn about you at all. All of this stuff they go on with about how there's no number 1 ticket holder because we're all equal, and we love all of our members etc etc. is just complete and utter bull%@8! They pay lip service to these things.

This would never happen at a "smaller" club because they have to fight for, and therefore appreciate their members. Collingwood on the other hand simply takes us for granted.

It makes me so sad to say but at Collingwood in 2019 - loyalty runs one way...

K 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:26 pm

Let the club know your feelings. Complain!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:04 pm

Collingwood taking its members for granted Evil or Very Mad

I cannot understand the logic of this decision and why only a certain section of members have been informed about these changes.

88MPH 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:28 am

The people allowing this to happen have always got THEIR reserved seats. THEY aren’t the ones sitting in the rain in their ponchos. THEY aren’t the ones being told that THEY can’t sit in THEIR family and friendship groups anymore. Yet THEY are the ones sitting idly by and allowing this abject insanity and breathtaking arrogance to take place on THEIR watch.

Mark down this time my friends. A turning point in the cultural history of the Collingwood Football Club - when those who were elected by us, decided that they didn’t really need us - that they would TELL us what’s good for us and would take away something that has connected us to OUR club for decades.

I am certain that they simply don’t understand the ramifications of this.

88MPH 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:59 am

So yesterday the Club called me about my Legends membership and reserved seating. I reiterated that by removing my reserved seat entitlements without warning or discussion they have treated me and my group of family and friends appallingly. His response was "We are a huge club with lots of members and are entitled to make decsions for those members"

Do you see what they've done? Do you see their attitude writ large in this - "We will make decisions for you", NOT "What can we do to better service you as a member of our club?"

To be clear I'm not looking for anything better - just looking for the same thing that I've been relying on for decades and decades - a reserved seat in the Southern Stand to watch my beloved footy team.

Then they told me that the reserved seat holders in the Ponsford will be the next ones to lose their reserved seat entitlements. I told them that I think that that will be a fight that they won't want to pick. Amazingly he said "Well we've made that decision, and that's what's going to happen".

Bill89 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:03 pm

88MPH wrote:
So yesterday the Club called me about my Legends membership and reserved seating. I reiterated that by removing my reserved seat entitlements without warning or discussion they have treated me and my group of family and friends appallingly. His response was "We are a huge club with lots of members and are entitled to make decsions for those members"

Do you see what they've done? Do you see their attitude writ large in this - "We will make decisions for you", NOT "What can we do to better service you as a member of our club?"

To be clear I'm not looking for anything better - just looking for the same thing that I've been relying on for decades and decades - a reserved seat in the Southern Stand to watch my beloved footy team.

Then they told me that the reserved seat holders in the Ponsford will be the next ones to lose their reserved seat entitlements. I told them that I think that that will be a fight that they won't want to pick. Amazingly he said "Well we've made that decision, and that's what's going to happen".

This is absolutely appalling and we will not stand for it.
Bill89 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:11 pm

Got this from the club when I asked if my N3 seats will be taken...

Hi Will,

Thank you for your email.

The current membership changes do not affect yourself and your group. If any changes are to occur, we will always advise everyone affected.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 62 47 43.

Kind regards,

Tahlia
88MPH 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:39 pm

^

Will,

note that the email said "current" membership changes. This is the point - currently they're attacking Southern Stand members. Next they're coming after the Ponsford - make no mistake, they've told me so.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:59 pm

People who feel they've been mistreated by our club regarding seat allocations are entitled to feel aggrieved. The question is, how should they make their grievances known?

I would've thought petitions, social media, complaining at AGMs and so on would be the way to go.

I would've thought that handing in club membership is not the way to go, but that might depend upon personal priorities.
Bill89 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:39 pm

88MPH wrote:
^

Will,

note that the email said "current" membership changes. This is the point - currently they're attacking Southern Stand members. Next they're coming after the Ponsford - make no mistake, they've told me so.

Thanks mate, I have gone back to them to explain what the current membership changes are, to see if they tell me the same or if they are being deceptive.
Slayer 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:22 pm

Ahh

The whiff of pain. Resentment. Feeling unloved.

I have read all 4 pages of this topic, and dont feel the least sad for any of you.

Those old enough will remember my handle, and that I used to post here regularly. Infact its been 1411 days since I last posted here, that's near on 4 years. Prior to that my posts probably stopped around 2011.

At any rate, the point of it all is, Im a loyal CFC member, not a troll.

I say I dont feel the least sad for any of you because reading thru the last 4 pages, I see names that are regulars, have been on this site longer than me even.

Even tho I havent been posting here, Id still come for the occasional read. And I see names who over the years have stuck up for the club, defended the actions of the club and even challenged some fans loyalty for not bending to the clubs needs, even when its at the cost of fans.

You know who you are.

And finally, the club has done something to piss 'you' off, and you are all up in arms, threatening to give up your membership.

I know it takes different kinds of people to make the world go around, but seriously, grow up.

This club, and by that I mean this administration (yes read that as being run by E McGuire) - has been screwing members over for over a decade.

And finally it impacts 'you' and you whine about how unfair it is.

You have two options.

1. Roll over and take it. Because that's essentially the kind of fan you are.

2. Find a better solution and screw the pr$cks who have messed with you.

Ive been a supporter for over 40 years too. So ive seen different administrations run our club.

I also took up legends membership when it was first introduced, thinking how wonderful I could support this great club financially, I actually carried two memberships.

But you know what. They are a selfish mob that run this joint. Thats been proven over and over. And quite frankly they are pretty dumb, without the foggiest idea of best practice solutions.

But you know what, this pathetic mob ruling our club the last 20 years or so, has been kept in governance by one eyed, loyal, and stupid fans. They have been eroding member benefits for decades and you all put up with it.

Go look in your Legends bag the first year it was issued, and see what they give you now. A pittance.

And you finally want to complain. Because finally it impacts 'you'.

tsk

No empathy from me. Not that you care about me, I get it.

But let me say this, I go to the games (almost) every week. I see my beloved team play, every week and every year.

Even tho I dont post on sites like this anymore (full of predominately a bunch of 'yes' people, who blindly follow club selfish agendas). I do go to see the Collingwoodfc AFL team almost every week. And Im generally happy, rarely do I worry about being screwed over by 'my' club. Do you know why ?

Because I learnt along time ago MY club is run by selfish pr$cks. Who will rob you and take away your enjoyment of the game.

So why did I take time out of my important life, to finally after 1411 days post here again ?

Its to give you a message.

Grow up.

The cfc hasn't let you down. The administration HAS. Firstly make that distinction.

Dont for one minute listen to the the propoganda agents on this forum. This is a let down by our board, and by E McGuire who is the strongest voice on that board.

If you for one minute believe an erosion of member benefits occurs without board sign off, then you deserve all the crap you get from this club.

So the answer is. Find a way to follow the club, which is the players and games, without rewarding this administration. Find a way for you to attend games, without it benefiting the cfc (under this administration).

This administration has 'failed you'.

Your just waking up to this (now) because you are selfish.

This administration has been failing fans for over a decade. Eroding member rights, and benefits.

My msg in a nutshell. Dont give up on your passion, which is the players, and watching games of football. But do give up on rewarding this pathetic, selfish run club (current administration).

Once you can make the distinction between players (football) and politics (administration) you will feel better about yourself.

I happily go watch my players every week, and those politicians that run my club cant do anything to upset me (much ha).

And yes of course that means my money goes to someone else, not McGuires version of collingwood.

My choices impact the club financially. When enough members make the right choice, arrogant people like E McGuire will respect us again.

So Stop whining and make choices that bring power back into members hands.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: